• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting.com In Car Hacks & Mods for Dummies

Drifting.com made the top-ten websites in my book:

"Drifting.com

www.drifting.com

Drifting, the newest form of motorsports, likened by some as the figure skating of the automotive racing world, is growing in leaps and bounds both in the U.S. and elsewhere around the world. Started by Japanese automotive enthusiasts interested in displaying how far sideways they could slide their cars on winding mountain roads in Japan, the sport/art of drifting has caught hold and become one of the most hyped, if not enjoyed, forms of performance tuning and driving in recent times.

As with nearly any form of motor sports, drifting has its own preferred platforms (AE86 Toyota Corollas, known as Hachi-Rokus, and Nissan 240SX Silvia conversions are the current most popular drift cars) as well as set-up techniques (it isn't unusual to find $900 cars with $5,000 or more in LSD and suspension upgrades). Beyond the car itself, you must master at least half a dozen different drift techniques to be competitive in the drift arena.

Drifting.com is one of the more comprehensive drift-oriented databases, full of useful and up-to-date information and links for both new and seasoned drifters alike. Even if you have never thought of drifting your car before, Drifting.com makes for an interesting read on this dynamic form of automotive performance."

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

-- DavidV

nice..........very nis

Comment

I dont see alot of technical information being passed along here.
      how to polish wheels?
      initial d..
      initial d..
      little more initial d..
      what body kit is this?
      I have been drifting for 2 months will someone give me a sponsorship?

and the ever so famous
      what is the best drift car?

Comment

Originally posted by _uG TM
        I dont see alot of technical information being passed along here.
        how to polish wheels?
        initial d..
        initial d..
        little more initial d..
        what body kit is this?
        I have been drifting for 2 months will someone give me a sponsorship?

and the ever so famous
        what is the best drift car?
        wow than you need to open your eyes buddy because thier are alot of posts with tons of techincal info so ya, try to readd before you insert your foot into your mouth

Comment

I know that MR2 in front of the books.

Its the Auto RND MR2 Sponsored car.

Comment

Yeah, that's actually my car. I had it at AutoRND for a while. They were one of my sponsors.

-- DavidV

Comment

Grass Roots Motorsports Magazine did a write up this month:

-- DavidV

Comment

Re: Drifting.com In Car Hacks & Mods for Dummies

Originally posted by DavidV
                [B]the figure skating of the automotive racing world
                Ugh...I hate that saying sooo much. Makes it seem like everyone drifting is a fruitcake.

Comment

Re: Re: Drifting.com In Car Hacks & Mods for Dummies

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
                  Ugh...I hate that saying sooo much. Makes it seem like everyone drifting is a fruitcake.
                  You got a point. Maybe everyone should consider drifting like snowboard freestyle or skateboarding?

Comment

Re: Re: Drifting.com In Car Hacks & Mods for Dummies

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
                    Cause it is.

Comment

sorry guys, but calling yourself a "drifter" isn't going to automatically make you cool. Majority of the public think drifters are fruitcakes and a$s-hats.

Comment

Re: Drifting.com In Car Hacks & Mods for Dummies

Thank you David,

We appreciate the plug-in!

Originally posted by DavidV
                        Drifting.com made the top-ten websites in my book:

"Drifting.com

www.drifting.com

Drifting, the newest form of motorsports, likened by some as the figure skating of the automotive racing world, is growing in leaps and bounds both in the U.S. and elsewhere around the world. Started by Japanese automotive enthusiasts interested in displaying how far sideways they could slide their cars on winding mountain roads in Japan, the sport/art of drifting has caught hold and become one of the most hyped, if not enjoyed, forms of performance tuning and driving in recent times.

As with nearly any form of motor sports, drifting has its own preferred platforms (AE86 Toyota Corollas, known as Hachi-Rokus, and Nissan 240SX Silvia conversions are the current most popular drift cars) as well as set-up techniques (it isn't unusual to find $900 cars with $5,000 or more in LSD and suspension upgrades). Beyond the car itself, you must master at least half a dozen different drift techniques to be competitive in the drift arena.

Drifting.com is one of the more comprehensive drift-oriented databases, full of useful and up-to-date information and links for both new and seasoned drifters alike. Even if you have never thought of drifting your car before, Drifting.com makes for an interesting read on this dynamic form of automotive performance."

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

-- DavidV

Comment

Working...
                        X