No announcement yet.

Ask JR from DRIFT ALLIANCE Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JR....where are you???? i was crushed that you told george you'd stop by the buddy club booth and say hi and you stood me up.....ha ha, i sound like a chick. i do want to check out th DA video though, looks pretty good. i saw mr. calvin and mr. chris at the nightshift event in san diego this weekend and asked them where you were and they said you were busy elsewhere.

anyways, good luck with the drifting and the day job as well.
    chris@buddyclub

Comment

• JR man cant wait to see u at the SHIFT LOCK event in april also just wnadering if the res of hte is goin to be down here as well????????????????

Comment

• Hey JR, on your s13, the origin rear overfenders, are they the 30mm or 50mm ones?

Comment

• he's got 50mm rears.

Comment

• Originally posted by eric240
            he's got 50mm rears.
            Mad, thanks a ton.

Comment

• JR let me simply state that you are the man!!!!!

The DA DVD is awsome. So question for you is when you guys coming to CANADA!!!! I am a fan but it is hard as hell to see drifting let alone get merchandize and actual pro drifters out here in the great white north. So think about it and don't forget about us CANADIANS!!!!

Peace out, and once again your are the man!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by toxic_tuner
                JR let me simply state that you are the man!!!!!

The DA DVD is awsome. So question for you is when you guys coming to CANADA!!!! I am a fan but it is hard as hell to see drifting let alone get merchandize and actual pro drifters out here in the great white north. So think about it and don't forget about us CANADIANS!!!!

Peace out, and once again your are the man!!!!
                Thanks for the Support MAN!!!

We (Drift Alliance) will be in Canada doing Demos At the EDMONTON GRAND PRIX the Weekend of July 23rd. We will b eoding 3 days of demos 2 per day. We cant wait to get up there!!! Come see us.
                www.driftalliance.com
                TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Setting an example

I just want to thank you and all of your team for pushing that MUSTANG to the limits and setting the bar for future stangs coming into the drift scene.In the beginning I must say I didnt really like how you and the car were coming out on the track and just not mending but as I watched ,read articles on the motor buildup I found some new respect for you and the car.Your a GREAT driver JR and I am glad to see that the car has worked out for you.It has encouraged me to keep building my own project and not to give up.I watched last year and the car,you,team falken,just DOMINATE!

Good luck with your indevors,
                  Mike Rampani
                  DDU

Comment

• Thank you very much for your support. Mustangs are a great car for this sport and have a ton of American Heritage. overall a very challenging and fun car to compete in. good luck with your project!

JR
                    www.driftalliance.com
                    TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• I just recently picked up a 06 mustang gt and i wanna turn it into a drift car. and i was wondering what should i change out?

Comment

• Hey Jr i knoe its kinda late but you were AWSOME at Fd in chicago..just wanted to say that cuz most of the people was hattin.

Comment

• Originally posted by DK_Mike
                          Hey Jr i knoe its kinda late but you were AWSOME at Fd in chicago..just wanted to say that cuz most of the people was hattin.

I appreciatte it man glad you had a good time!
                          www.driftalliance.com
                          TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Originally posted by koncept20
                            I just recently picked up a 06 mustang gt and i wanna turn it into a drift car. and i was wondering what should i change out?
                            First steps i would reccomend in order

get a good seat that holds you well, get some coilovers or at least stiffer lowereing springs and some good shocks depending what your budget is. Tein flex are whhat I run and they are great. When you are practicing at sanctioned closed courses and other safe enviroments ONLY, dissconnect your traction control fuse and Abs Harness. DONT FORGET TO RECONNECT BEFORE RETURNING TO THE STREETS.

That should be a great start.

When you are comfortable. get a good tight aftermarket Posi DIff, A good clutch (exedy is best on Market and will last forever) and contact XMP www.x-m-p.com and see if they will send you spindles or modify yours for more angle. Contact Alex @battle version get some custom rear arms to stiffen up the rear.

When you are comfortable with that setup add some more power if you need to however the stock power and torque is enough to have fun and you really wont have to worry about breaking to much.

Good luck be safe!

JR
                            www.driftalliance.com
                            TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• JR's right. the new Mustang is very easy to modify for drifting. Shoot us an e-mail or call and we can tell you the diff, bars, arms, spindles, power adders, shifters, clutches, or whatever else you wanna you know from basic set ups to all out competition.

Most of the parts on his car were all custom made but the aftermarket has finally caught up since we built it and most of the parts are shelfed items now.

Good luck!

Eric Cheney
                              XMP
                              eric@x-m-p.com

Comment

• If this has already been answered you can post hte link

So how did you get started in PRO drifting and what steps did it take or should a newbie take?

Comment

Working...
                                X