drifting school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drifting school

I want to improve my drifting w/o rocketing my car into a telephone pole down the street. Does anyone know of a good school or any drifting tracktime any where in so cal? I called fast lane but havent heard back from anyone. What is the best american car for drifting? mustang? Do they compare to the mazdas and toyotas?

yeah um what ever happened to that so cal cough cough street drifting school.....
    if ur going to drift a mustang you must be crazy...but hell isnt drifting all about fun and crazy mofos?

Comment

Originally posted by S13_Steve
      yeah um what ever happened to that so cal cough cough street drifting school.....
      if ur going to drift a mustang you must be crazy...but hell isnt drifting all about fun and crazy mofos?
      Steve.. Haven't you been looking at our post subject line "Renting out Qualcomm" lol

anyways.
      Core.

Me and a shop manager are finding a way to rent out a parking (well in this case an air field) in el centro. Just search for a subject line "Renting out Qualcomm" and find out, what we've done so far.

Comment

cough cough school

Ive been drifting in the cough cough school and nearly slammed my vette a couple times. I want to take it to the next level. What better way to improve your street drifting than going 10/10ths on a track and losing it a few dozen times

Comment

qualcomm

yeah, as a matter of fact I have called the woman that is posted on their website twice for renting it out and she hasn't returned my calls.

Comment

Only school I learned at was the street - bald tires were my pen and paper, hairpin turns my quizzes, guardrails my exams and the rocky roadside mountian my teacher!

But on a serious note:
            Why don't you folks get together and buy a closed-down grocery store or mall or something and set up a school or "drift-park"? Even if you don't know a whole lot about drifting, you would be able to learn if you had a space like that - it would be like if Irwindale was open to drifting all of the time!! Seasoned drifters could come and instruct others and people could commune and exchange techniques and ideas. People would surely come and pay $15 for a 2 hour session just to screw around. Of course you'd have to set up cones and track lines, but you could have a classroom kind of thing and show option videos or the drift bible and maybe even have a "pro-shop" type of thing like at hockey rinks where vendors could sell things like tires and rims, videos, tools, and maybe even suspension parts...

Granted that you could find a place (which I'm sure that there's something around, regardless of how remote it may be) the only thing you would have to worry about is noise pollution since there is no "drifting license" yet and safety should naturally be a priority. If you did the footwork I'm sure that you could set up a fine institution!

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
              Only school I learned at was the street - bald tires were my pen and paper, hairpin turns my quizzes, guardrails my exams and the rocky roadside mountian my teacher!

But on a serious note:
              Why don't you folks get together and buy a closed-down grocery store or mall or something and set up a school or "drift-park"? Even if you don't know a whole lot about drifting, you would be able to learn if you had a space like that - it would be like if Irwindale was open to drifting all of the time!! Seasoned drifters could come and instruct others and people could commune and exchange techniques and ideas. People would surely come and pay $15 for a 2 hour session just to screw around. Of course you'd have to set up cones and track lines, but you could have a classroom kind of thing and show option videos or the drift bible and maybe even have a "pro-shop" type of thing like at hockey rinks where vendors could sell things like tires and rims, videos, tools, and maybe even suspension parts...

Granted that you could find a place (which I'm sure that there's something around, regardless of how remote it may be) the only thing you would have to worry about is noise pollution since there is no "drifting license" yet and safety should naturally be a priority. If you did the footwork I'm sure that you could set up a fine institution!

-MR
              actually that's what we're trying to develop here. Its just San Diego is a really expesive area. Even have 10 people to contribute to the cost, its barely gonna be a good institution. Besides Cali got alot of laws about race events and safety.

anyways.. Im gonna keep updating forums about drift sanctions here in SO CAL.\

Comment

go to www.club4ag.com
                or
                go to www.driftday.com
                Last edited by Nismo_r34; 12-16-2003, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Hey, does anyone know any drift schools in florida?

Comment

if you let me drift your vette ill teach you everything you wanna know

if i were gonna pick a domestic car for drifting i would get a later F-body, like a 50th anniversary SS 'maro or a ws6 firechicken. i dont give a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* what continent it came from, if it's F/R, torquey, and handles good im all about it.

but for the record i dont think i would ever buy a korean car

Comment

Originally posted by Space Boy
                      Hey, does anyone know any drift schools in florida?
                      Where in FL?

I have no AWD or RWD car right now, but I'd start one if we could get the land...

-MR

Comment

Well...:

lol

Comment

were wprking with a track in south cali and should have more info by the endof the month. This is going to be opperaterd by Kumakubo, and Drift Xtreme so you know you will get the proper training.

Comment

New Drift School coming to California...

http://members.cox.net/driftconcept/

Check it out

David

Comment

Working...
                            X