Hubert Young, Formula D Houston Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hubert Young, Formula D Houston Report

Got here late last night. Couldn't sleep. Freaking hot here, sweating like a mother. Couse lay out like Odiaba (D1 Tokyo round) but a little smaller scale in a corner parking lot in Reliant Center. A little wider than last year's loading dock area but still small. 3rd gear decreasing radius right turn entry and couple switch back at the end. Calvin Wan got to run it last night for a little bit and he said he had to use 1st gear at the end of turn 1. Qualifying for unseeded drivers are scheduled to start soon. Ernie Fixmer is here after an absence in Atlanta. Team Falken is going to kick butt tomorrow. Wait for more update...
    Hubert Young
    KORE 8 Films

Good Luck to ya Hubert!

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing you there Hubert. lol and yea welcome to Texas weather.

Comment

is it a 3rd gear track?

good luck
        Last edited by swifty949; 06-10-2005, 04:39 PM.

Comment

i heard rumors of politics were going round
          i understand that people want to help out the big corparte sponsers but that dont mean others should be treated like dirt just because this is thier first event

Max

Comment

Originally posted by illegalgarage
            i heard rumors of politics were going round
            i understand that people want to help out the big corparte sponsers but that dont mean others should be treated like dirt just because this is thier first event

Max

what do you mean? who got treated like dirt?

Comment

i heard that FD would not let some people set up because they had not qualified yet

how could anyone qualify (or be qualified) if the event had not started???

Max

Comment

hubert i got a shot of you with all 4 wheels off the ground going over that bump, should have it for you in a few days when i get my computer working again

Comment

i heard that FD would not let some people set up because they had not qualified yet

how could anyone qualify (or be qualified) if the event had not started???

Max

I don't know what you're talking about. The cold pit locations for seeded drivers and vendors were inside the gates. If you were unseeded or didn't pay for a vendor spot you had to park your trailer outside. It was still secure and we had Reliant's security team watching our trailer all weekend.

That's how it goes with limited space man. I didn't have a problem parking outside, Formula D did a great job. Thanks to all the SCCA folks that came out to work, and the Reliant security folks for making sure no one stole our stuff.

Comment

I dunno sounds like playing favorites to me

Max

Comment

sounds like paying your dues to me.

i wouldnt expect to be treated the same as a top 16 driver if/when i entered...

Comment

I dunno sounds like playing favorites to me

Max
                        Favorites? It's based on performance. Seeded drivers are designated based on the season ranking as the season goes during the year. Top 20 ranked drivers are considered seeded. So if you perform well and accumulates enough points, you would be seeded.
                        Hubert Young
                        KORE 8 Films

Comment

You guys can read a little more about FD at Houston on my sites: My driver's log on www.dtcdrifting.com and my journals at www.willraceforfood.com
                          Hubert Young
                          KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by motdyn_s14
                            You guys can read a little more about FD at Houston on my sites: My driver's log on www.dtcdrifting.com and my journals at www.willraceforfood.com

Hubert once again I was pleased with your performance......

you never fail to deliver on a good show...our time is coming

podium in sonoma for me............

see you in Irwindale

Comment

Working...
                            X