any R32 drifters here that can help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any R32 drifters here that can help

sup guys. a buddy of mine is thinking of getting a R32 gts-t as a drift car which is good cause he is using a e36 bmw now. anyways just wondering pros and cons on the car, what works and what doesn't.

anyways shot guys

clutch kick does the trick every time...my r32 was no where near as nimble as my s13 i had...harder to initiate but im getting used to it now. ive never tried an ebrake initiate because im too damn lazy to tighten my ebrake.

pros of my r32:

the body is built like a tank...ive scraped and tapped everything known to man.

the inline 6 sounds beautiful and is powerful. more than enough power to lose traction.

it's a reliable car. I'm at 144,XXX km..no joke. my car idles kinda low but other than that, no real problems.

the car is capable of loooong beautiful drifts (so is any car, but yeah)

cons of my car:

weak a$$ airvents (mine are broken)

the car is heavy

takes a little time of getting used to

in my honest opinion, i wish i couldve kept my s13. the r32 isnt that bad of a car though.

I would say tell your friend to test drive an r32 gts-t and see how he likes it. everyone is different

Comment

i had no problem drifting mine.(when i was in oki) thats funny you mention the airvents. cause everytime i went to a damn junkyard they were broken. my friend made cut some strips from sheet metal and used those.

Comment

i drift an r33 gtst. very cool car, i have an rb25 which is a bit different. its a rwd nissan, thats pretty much all you need to know!

Comment

when you say r33gts-t every one knows its a rear wheel drive platform. rb25? we know that too.

Comment

you dont have r32's in the states do you?. we have *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* loads of them down here in nz. they are a great car to learn in. easy car to get parts for and loads of torque . tell ur mate to get one

Comment

start with a S13/S14 is you best bet!!! GTS-t is heavy and hard to learn in

Comment

Used to drift a R32 GT-R. Great car, easy to control, lots of usable power through out the power band on the RB26 with only open exhaust. Really takes no time to get used to. It's a well built car from Nissan. Lots of engine swap choices on a GTS-t. A bit heavier compared to popular drift cars like s13, s14. But GTS-t is lighter and can be lightened further. And also body parts a little hard to come by here in the US. But certainly is unique.

Last edited by Hubert Young; 08-29-2005, 09:32 AM.
                Hubert Young
                KORE 8 Films

Comment

when you say r33gts-t every one knows its a rear wheel drive platform. rb25? we know that too.
                  what i mean is that since it is a rwd nissan, regardless of model, it will make a good drift car.

Comment

Front Heavy... Thats about the only issue. You just have to brake earlier.

Also as far as e-brake initiation is concerned... Tighten that $**T up. You only want to have to tap it, or inertia will send its fat metal a$$ into a wall.

But wow.. You can just drift in a continuous arc until your tires melt. Kind of like Dukes Of Hazard when they enter the round about.

I miss my s14 240sx, but I wouldnt go back to it after driving this baby.

Test drive, but do not underestimate the differences it has from lighter cars with smaller engines. It looks great in a drift, and feels great too. I would not want to learn on it though. Too costly to repair here if something gets messed up.

Have Fun!

Comment

OH! OH! OH! One more important issue...

The rear left tire will wear faster than any of the other tires, because the differential favours sending power there first. Just be aware of that, you may end up buying a set of tires. Wear that one out, and replace it at a different time than the rest.

Comment

lock the diff then it will wear em out more evenly :P

Comment

Originally posted by motdyn_s14
                          Used to drift a R32 GT-R. Great car, easy to control, lots of usable power through out the power band on the RB26 with only open exhaust. Really takes no time to get used to. It's a well built car from Nissan. Lots of engine swap choices on a GTS-t. A bit heavier compared to popular drift cars like s13, s14. But GTS-t is lighter and can be lightened further. And also body parts a little hard to come by here in the US. But certainly is unique.

What mods were done to make it driftable?

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH
                            What mods were done to make it driftable?
                            i remember he had an oil cooler and HKS hipermax

not too much done to it, I tried to buy it and some kid beat me to it.

im still bitter.

Comment

Originally posted by hatebbobbarker
                              i remember he had an oil cooler and HKS hipermax

not too much done to it, I tried to buy it and some kid beat me to it.

im still bitter.
                              Yes, only Hipermax and oil cooler... nothing else... well, actually, there was another cheapo mod on it... the cat was replaced with a Y pipe with a plate only held on by wing nuts... I just had to crawl under the car, loosen the wing nuts and wa la! Exhaust straight out from the passenger side!

haha, I didn't know you were trying to buy my car!? The car was a dream to me now... I will buy another one though!
                              Hubert Young
                              KORE 8 Films

Comment

Working...
                              X