Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 Grand Prix Umbrella Girls

FAQ About Being a D1 Grand Prix Umbrella Girl
    We get a lot of questions about what it takes to be an umbrella girl and what to expect at the event. Below are the top 10 Frequently Asked Questions on the subject. Whether you're a pro model, just starting out in modeling or have never even done it but are intrigued, read through the questions and answers below. Some of the answers may surprise you!

Q1: What exactly is an umbrella girl?

A1: The traditional umbrella girl is an important asset at a racing event. Generally speaking, umbrella girls are expected to be with their driver(s) at all times when they are in public view. When their car is in the staging lane, you will stand next to them. If they walk through the pits, to the media hospitality area, up on stage, at the trophy ceremony, etc., you will be with your driver carrying your umbrella.

At the D1 Grand Prix USA, you will wear several hats. First, you will be an official representative of the D1 Grand Prix to the public and media. Your clothing and umbrella will be adorned with the D1 Grand Prix logo making you an important part of our branding and marketing objectives. You will also carry the logo(s) of our sponsors which they expect to have presented in a positive, professional and fun manner so they are receive attention throughout the course of the event. Finally, our bilingual umbrella girls will be asked to occasionally assist in communicating with some of our professional drivers from Japan who may speak little or no English.

Q2: How many girls will be at the event?

A2: At the time of this writing, the final count on how many drivers has not been determined. We plan to have approximately one umbrella girl for every two drivers. We estimate we'll need approximately 20 umbrella girls.

Q3: Do I have to be an experienced model?

A3: No. Whether you're an experienced model, just starting out in modeling or have never even done it but are interested, we have opportunities for everyone.

Q4: Do I have to be Asian?

A4: No. However, we will be looking for a certain number of Japanese/English speaking umbrella girls. See Q5.

Q5: Do I have to speak a particular language?

A5: We hope all the girls we hire speak at least a some English. We will also be looking for a certain number of Japanese/English speaking girls to help us in communicating with some of the teams from Japan.

Q6: What type of girls are you looking for?

A6: All we ask is that you are cute, petite, personable, photogenic, have a great smile and enjoy being around people and race cars. Once we receive your application, we will schedule an interview with you to get to know you a little, answer any questions you may have, measure you for clothing and take a few head shots for reference.

Q7: How many days will I need to be available?

A7: With the extremely short amount of time we have to plan this event, we will not be able to do much in the way of pre-event promotions or appearances. After the initial interview, we will need a certain number of girls for a photo shoot. We may also ask some to appear on Media Day, February 27th (the day before the event). On the day of the event, Saturday February 28th, we will need all the girls at the track around mid-morning until the trophy ceremony at the conclusion of the event in the evening.

Q8: Will I be compensated for my time?

A8: Yes. Each D1 Grand Prix Umbrella Girl will receive $100.00.

Q9: What will I be wearing?

A9: The exact costume is not finalized but it will be stylish and tasteful and probably somewhat traditional as far as umbrella girl wear.

Q10: Will I get to be on TV?

A10: There are no guarantees that you will be on TV but there will certainly plenty of opportunities for all the umbrella girls to be in front of the cameras for both television and print. We are expecting worldwide media coverage at this event.
Working...
X