Leave a comment:

• Al
    Guest replied
    I wanna drive UEO's 86.

Leave a comment:

• INFO
    replied
    UPDATE

The NASCAR drivers will use cars provided by D1. Which drift cars is still to be determined, though Sam's Viper and Charger will both be used.

They will compete in tandem runs. Judges will be determined by D1.

NASCAR drivers will be trained in drift techniques by Shiftintogear, a driver training company. Chris Cook from the company will train the drivers.

Chris Cook, co-owner along with Chris Evans of ShiftIntoGear, Inc., one of the world's premier personal training and coaching resources for established racing professionals, will be training the NASCAR drivers in drifting technique prior to the event.

Leave a comment:

• AaronConklin
    replied
    yeah I will be so happy if drifting jumps out of the street racing category...all my non drifting friends think im some crazy street racer o_o;

Leave a comment:

• CrazyBadger
    replied
    I think this will be a positive thing for the sport of drifting, and like somebody already said maybe drifting will be more of a recognized/legitimate motorsport and not "street racing" and other bad names. But what I just thought of was that what happens if and when drifting becomes very big in the US,and only taking the best 16 is going to be rough when eventually 80 or more cars come out. Not to directly compare the two but there are 42 cars out there in a nextel cup race and if drifting is going to become huge alot of people are going to compete and its going to be hard to narrow a large group of drivers into only 16 spots...best 32 anyone???It will make narrowing down that many drivers easier and itll bring another round of action to test the drivers and their cars. I know that you can say "well if your not good enough to break the top 16 then your sol" but its going to eventually get to a rediculous point where everyone is going to be good and run pretty much the same line and people are going to not qualify just because the judges didnt like them and not because there run wasnt as good as somebody elses or they already picked 16 drivers before they got to there name, But thats just hypothetical. Well thats my opinion, which seems to mean nothing around here...haha.
    Last edited by CrazyBadger; 06-19-2006, 06:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AaronConklin
    replied
    SpeeDrifter......I loving your positivity and enthusiasm on these forums (sarcasm)

And I really cant wait to see this myself, im sure it will be sold out before I can even get a ticket T_T

Leave a comment:

• BenR
    replied
    Especially on slicks. They don't so much slide as hop.
    Last edited by BenR; 06-19-2006, 09:57 AM. Reason: i drink draino

Leave a comment:

• CrazyHawaiian
    replied
    Not fair to post pictures of NASCAR guys crashing, big difference between actually racing and sliding around and drifting and sliding around. First example you're pushing the limits of traction and lose it when you don't want to, second example you lose it on purpose (and plan for it). I think its going to be very interesting for both sides of the fence, I think when all is said and done both sides will have more respect for eachother.

Leave a comment:

• berzo12
    replied
    Orido used to race as the Japanese entrant when nascar used to have the demo races in Japan at motegi

Leave a comment:

• MonkeySlide
    replied
    Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
    You got something to add..?

And as far as Orido doing NASCAR..I know hes tried it but I dont think he ever did a full season

Leave a comment:

• AaronConklin
    replied
    orido used to do nascar right?

Leave a comment:

• Slapshotnerd
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeySlide
    So it begins..

On the one hand...NASCAR fans might actually start to respect drifting as a legitimate motorsport after this.

On the other hand..does drifting want the same fan base as NASCAR?

It raises a lot of interesting questions/debates.

One thing I do know though ..if drifting alone can pack Irwindale to Capacity...Imagine whats gonna happen when that gets combined with the droves of NASCAR fans..

People are going to be fighting over tickets. Irwindale operations is definately going to have their hands full with this one.

Kasey Kahne could probably bring 10,000 hardcore NASCAR fans to the speedway on his own.

Im definately looking forward to this..should be a fun night!

EDIT: I just thought of something...if NASCAR is going to be a big part of this..that means drifting itself might actually get some DECENT coverage on FOX..like network primetime FOX!..Im sure during which ever race that comes after this event..they'll have a short blurb about it during the next NASCAR broadcast..hmm..ok I guess thats another "pro" to add to the mix

Leave a comment:

• Octagon
    replied
    yeah, its really interesting to see racers that like to go straight 100% go sideways, but I have seen quite a bit of nascar becuase of my dad, they sure like going sideways...they just need some practice
    Ummm.... You do know where Kasey Kahne comes from, right?

Kasey is one of sprint, midget, and Silver Crown racing's reigning stars. He knows ALL about going sideways fast. Same with Tony Stewart who was in that picture you posted, backing into the wall. In fact, a large number of front running NASCAR drivers right now are top-notch drivers out of the All-Stars Circuit of Champions, World of Outlaws, USAC, and other sprint car and openwheel sanctions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X