X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sonnysmr2
    replied
    Fav d1 event/why?

My fav d1 event was mar 4, 2006 Irwindale round 1. Only because its the only one ive seen live, its amazing to see how much more experienced the japanese drivers are compared to usa's, for example there gangsta entrys on the banking.....

My fav d1 driver?

I cant say, i always change depending on venue and cars......for example, yoshioka was my fav during the 06 irwindale event just because i know how hard it is to clear a full banking in an 86 and he did it flawlessly(sp?)

Either way ill be at this event if i get a free pass or not......but since im a broke *Censored**Censored**Censored*, i thought i would give this a shot......

Leave a comment:

• dousan_pg
    replied
    fav event?
    id have to say nikko in 01 rd 2
    back when everyone had their personal cars
    taniguchi in his red s15 (big debut since before it was yellow)
    ueno's car had no stickesr and just a rad jzz30, itai's 180sx was still black, wakamatsu ruled that day too. kazama's car was still the red s15 and everyone was just starting to get sponsors. it was when d1 was young and extremely exciting!

favorite driver
    tsuyoshi tezuka
    more when he had his jzx81 mark II
    very agressive, very hard driver! awesome and super nice guy too! his jzx81 powered by a awesome 1jzgte making a nice chunk of power, got 2nd at d1 round one 2001, did really well that season and the next. never a winner or top top but defintely past top 16 and often 8. with the BEE*R car hes kicking *Censored**Censored**Censored* too lately. he even has a nice blog up i go thru when im free.

looking forward in december?
    well i usually take a few day s off for d1 practice and qualify from work
    hang out and just hve fun. meet up w/ old friends and folks frmo out of town! should be fun as always! good action and expensive food hahaha

Leave a comment:

• Hach1r0k1d03
    replied
    FAV D1 EVENT? WHY?
    Oh man, can I really choose a one event as a favorite!?!? Theyre all so good! Ummm...hmmmm....I can't choose. I watch em all over and over and over. Theyre all my favorite!!! I did almost cry during the formation drifting at D1 vs Nascar though. It was beautiful.

FAV DRIVER? WHY?
    My favorite driver would have to be Hibino. Ever since I read about the 2004 series round 3 at event at ebisu where he came out of nowhere and took second with a hachiroku up against japan's finest I couldnt believe it and was dying to see it. Then when JDM Option volume 6 came out and I saw it happen and was introduced to his flying drift I was very much in awe. Im STILL in awe.

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO IN DECEMBER?

I really can't wait to see Darren McNamara and Phil Morrison tear it up and to see Hibino take the win! HIBINO FOR THE WIN SATURDAY!!!! HIBINO AND MCNAMARA FOR THE FIRST EVER D1 TIE ON SUNDAY AS BOTH CARS PUSH THEIR CARS SO HARD CAUSING X NUMBER OF SUDDEN DEATHS AND CAUSING ALL THE TIRES TO RUN OUT...YES YES YES!!!

Leave a comment:

• Contest
    replied
    Brian and Alex,

You are both getting tickets.

We have 7 more tickets remaining!!

Leave a comment:

• AlexLude
    replied
    Favorite D1 event?
    ==========
    Tie between First time D1 (2003) was in Irwindale and JGTC / D1 super all stars - reason being that the first time watching D1 (I was there when "ONE MORE TIME" was born and seeing and meeting Orido and Tsuchiya was such an experience!!! Also, loved the JGTC/D1 event because that was the first time D1 and JGTC was together in the states!!! Loved the event, got to ride in the Xanavi R34 skyline around Fontana track twice and the drifting was insane!!!

Favorite D1 driver?
    ===========
    Nomuraken (Ken Nomura) in his Blitz R34 Skyline GT-S. Just loves the way he goes balls out on the track and burns so much rubber, he needs to change tires in between one run around Irwindale! His theatrics on and off the track show his personality and style as well. I also like Nobuteru Taniguchi because he was just sooo cool and gave props to the Honda Prelude BB2 (what i drive) on Best Motoring...

What i'm looking forward to in December?
    =============

For Nomuraken to beat Kazama or Rhys Millen in the D1GP allstars and to see some crazy drifting with some crazy tandem accidents!!!!

I love drifting so muchhh... i make my FF car "look like" a Drift machine even with deep dish work wheels, bride racing seats, takata harnesses, and endless brakes!!! :-)

Last edited by AlexLude; 11-21-2006, 04:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    Fav D1 event - mmm I think 2002 at Ebisu. Hiraoka kicked *Censored**Censored**Censored* in his normal little S13. He hit the wall like 2 or 3 times. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing awesome. Got 2nd place...but should have got first. oh well.

Fav. driver - Itai. Because his 180sx was *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing awesome and NOLSD rules. Too bad that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* got stolen. I'll try and build something similar... but definitly nowhere near as cool.

Looking forward to - End of semester and D1. Planning to inflate my ego some more at the event.

Leave a comment:

• Contest
    replied
    blaze1

PM your first and last name so we can add you to the WILL CALL list.

Update; These are 2-Day General Tickets

Leave a comment:

• Bebop
    replied
    Favorite D1 Event? Why?
    2004 america vs jap
    That course was so awesome and the day was so awesome, from sun up literally till sun down there was actions. Chris and Rhys were whooping on the Japanese, very high speed, nice cars in the car show section... then the party after that.... wow!!!

Favorite Driver? Why?
    American, JR Gitten because he comes from a pure grassroot background and elevate to one of the bests in the sport withing only three or four years of driving. Pure natural talent, and he just a regular dude with a dream

Japanese, T Ueno because he competes just to compete. He sponsored by basically him self. And he started his business from the ground up and never forgets where he comes from (the streets).

What are you looking forward to in December?

The dudes from Aus and the UK, I want to see there skill and how they approach this course. We have all seen what the American and Japanese bring to the table, now its time for some new blood in the sport.

Forgot to include one of these!!!
    Last edited by Bebop; 11-23-2006, 01:30 AM. Reason: oh who cares

Leave a comment:

• Contest
    replied
    Keep posting;

Favorite D1 Event? Why?
    Favorite Driver? Why?
    What are you looking forward to in December?

Proof that ohtagerbilhero is a true fan.

Leave a comment:

• Mute
    replied
    Hey Versace, you know you already got tickets fool!

Leave a comment:

• soultron
    replied
    I am a huge D1 fan, I eat rice and puke jdm.
    wait, no I don't.

Leave a comment:

• cfrost
    replied
    if I don't get tickets to d1gp, i will get diahrrea

Leave a comment:

• Slapshotnerd
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian View Post
    I deserve them because I am Brian Harte and I am better than everyone else.
    wow.

the message you have entered is too short.

Leave a comment:

• Bebop
    replied
    I should go because I can provide a interesting fact that has never really been brought up....

All the times there has been a FD or D1 even at irwindale going clockwise a RHD car has only won once. And that was Rhys Millen back in 04

D1 Irwindale
    03- RHD corrolla
    04- RHD S15
    05 -RHD S15
    06- RHD S15

FD irwindale
    04- LHD GTO
    05-RHD S15
    06- RHD S13

But too top it off... the only time the course was run clockwise in 05 a LHD car won

LHD mustang!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    I deserve them because I am Brian Harte and I am better than everyone else.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X