Vaughn Gittin Jr.....2007 (PR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaughn Gittin Jr.....2007 (PR)

Vaughn Gittin Jr. announces his plans for 2007.

JR is very excited about the 2007 season! There are a lot of amazing things going on within drifting community and JR is glad to be a part of them.

JR will once again be driving for Team Falken piloting the new and improved Falken Mustang. Team Falken and JR have teamed up with Doug Nagy from Streetwise www.streetwiseparts.com
    in Santa Margarita, California to improve and maintain the Mustang for the 2007 season. While only some slight changes are being done to the appearance of the Falken Mustang, Streetwise is using their many years of experience to greatly enhance the performance of the car. “I am very excited to be driving under the Falken umbrella for the 4th year in a row. They are a great family-like company with amazing tires and the way they support their drivers is unmatched. Team Falken teaming up with Streetwise will enable us to get the car setup and working properly, which is one thing we have lacked over the past years,” says JR.

JR and Team Falken look forward to competing in the new and improved Team Falken Mustang at the 2007 Formula Drift Season opener in the Streets of Long Beach. JR is going into America’s premier professional drifting series in 2007 as the 4th place ranked seated driver, based on his overall finish for the 2006 season. For those of you that cannot make the event, you can just tune into ESPN2 and catch all of the action from the Formula Drift series.

JR has a lot of exciting things going on, aside from of the professional circuit. Aside from the yearly dose of stateside and international demos alongside his Drift Alliance brothers, JR will be attending GT Live events – as well as Drift Showoffs with Team Falken. JR will be at those events doing exhibitions runs and giving ride-alongs to fans. JR says: “I am very excited to be apart of the GT Live events and the Drift Showoffs; it gives me a good chance to hang out with fans and help up-and-coming drivers progress their skills. These events are always a ton of fun!”

JR is once again working with Mid-Atlantic Motorsports www.ma-motorsports.com in Baltimore, Maryland to complete the build of his new S14 Demo car. He will be using this vehicle for some extra activities, such as: Champ Car, Formula Drift Team Drift Series and hopefully a couple time attacks and demos as well. The car is a S14 240sx that is fully built chassis, tubbed, and fully built engine with a Brian Crower 2.2 stroker motor and, well… we can’t give it all away but we can guarantee this car has more “American Attitude” then any other Japanese car that has hit our shores! “I love the Nissan S chassis cars, I always have and always will! It is where I came from so I will for sure always have at least one in the garage. Mid-Atlantic Motorsport’s has been building and maintaining my demo and practice cars for four years and they are hands down one of the best, if not THE best, MOST capable shop on the east coast. I cannot wait to get this car off of the lift and start destroying some tires!” says JR.

As if the schedule was not full enough, JR and the rest of the DA boys are assisting however they can to help some of the Drift Alliance Aces move up in the ranks. They are doing whatever they can to support the Aces that are interested in competition. “I am very happy that myself and the rest of the Drift Alliance are in a position to help some of our friends get to some of these events so they can compete and possibly take it to the next level. I honestly feel that it is the duty of us as professional drivers to help with the growth at the semi-professional level of drifting so we can continue to have breeding grounds for up-and-coming drivers. Growth at that level is very important in the big picture to move forward with positive momentum for drifting year after year,” says JR.

JR will continue working with K&N Filters to keep his monster V8 breathing clean air. “I am very excited to continue representing and working with K&N. I have used K&N filters since my first car at age 16 and they hands down have the best quality filters in the world,” says JR.

JR has also teamed up with ALPINESTARS this year to make him a full custom suit, driving shoes and gloves. “It is exciting to work with ALPINESTARS. Ever since my days of racing motocross I really related to them and the lifestyle that their company represents, which makes for a very natural relationship. I cannot wait to see the final masterpiece that ALPINESTARS artists have designed for me,” says JR.

As you can see it is going to be a busy and exciting season for JR. He is as ready to rock as ever and plans to come out to Long Beach April 7th with Guns Blazing!!!
Working...
X