• Show
Clear All

• Piner
    replied
    1988 Nissan 200sx SE V6

Leave a comment:

• Amaya
    replied
    Haha, you really want to know? A 94 4 door Cavalier. Yeah, thats right. A cavalier. Thankfully there is a lot of gravel roads where I live, so "drifting" a FF isnt so hard. Gravel is awesome.

It was a friends older sisters car, royal purple, the front bumper was a mexican rig, IE: Twine holding it together, front windshield had a crack running from passenger to driver side on the very top. Rear right suspension had popped through the wheel well due to rust from the trunk being leaky, so that had a ghetto weld job holding it on. That car is long gone now, I sold it to someone and have no idea what happened to it. It was such a fun thing to drive. Not extremely fast, but I could hit 90. Which in a ghettoized Cavalier, is pretty damn fast.

Right now I am between cars, and looking at a gen 2 7 in the summer. TII or NA, not too sure which one I want though.

Leave a comment:

• atlantian
    Guest replied
    does rentals count?
    If it does I would say an EZ-GO golf cart
    if it doesn't i would say an es300 '94(It's my dad's), i started driving and drifiting in it
    ff's are crap but hey, it'll do, it has 4 wheels and an engine
    I baught an 83 celica hatch but it just broke down... it was fun while it lasted,
    Blown cylinder...

Yo! shout out to Hatchi fc!
    Last edited by ; 12-11-2007, 11:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• asiangento
    replied
    1984 nissan sentra wagon. i bought it for 100 bucks and adjusted the ebrake weekly.

Leave a comment:

• Soldat
    replied
    '86 Z28 that I'm still working on. The "to-do" list is growing a lot faster than the "done" list.

Leave a comment:

• hachiroku-fc3s
    replied
    Hmm....well, when I was 14 I started auto-x-ing in a miata, but my first car to drive on the street was supposed to be a BMW Z3, but I was still working on it when I turned 16, so I bought a '86 FC3S, hence the screen name. I auto-x-ed in it, until someone turned me on to drifting. So the FC was my first drift car. Then I bought a S14, totaled it, but I still have the FC.

Leave a comment:

• footwork
    replied
    nissan 240sx

I have to say my first drifter was a 240. Then when i drove an 1986 sr5 (yeah thats right an sr5) i fell in love with the 86. i know have an sr5 which is almost converted to a gts with a brand new motor freshly built 0 miles. transmission rebuilt as well. just need a few more things to get her runnin. ne way i bought that 240 for 1k, and drifted it stock until i got tired of open diff, so instead of investing money into the 240 i descided to scrap the 240 project and build a car i want to have fun in. lol

Leave a comment:

• new_to_drift
    replied
    89 two tone 240 coupe.amazing condition $2400. Damn handicap russians. R.I.P

Leave a comment:

• drft89
    replied
    i drive a 96 240sx. no posi and it still will get sideways.just trying to save some money so i can get some good parts and not stuff that will break every other week or soo

Leave a comment:

• ScottFc3s
    replied

Leave a comment:

• threeplus10
    Guest replied
    I'm definitely not a pro but, I learned a few things when I had my first RWD... a 89 240sx coupe, stock, for $1700
    after i sold that one i got a 91 240sx hatch for $2000

then I got a few FWDs... driving a 07 toyota yaris now... & looking for another RWD...

I MISS THEM...

Leave a comment:

• gigglesnirt
    replied
    Originally posted by Nixon View Post
    well...my first car i tried drifting in was a 1989 Ford Crown Victoria with a 5.0 V8, mostly just in rain, perfect burnouts though, price=free hand me down

now i have a 1989 Nissan 240SX hatch, ittl have a SR in a month, has megan racing coilovers, brembo slotted rotors, axxis racing brake pads, 5Zigen Fn01r-c wheels, circuit sports front/rear strut bars, tanabe front/rear sway bars...list goes on for a while so ill stop now
    i had a crown vic 1987 as a daily driver, still use it for the winter around here too. You can definatly get those sideways and learn a bit its just not the most sporty of vehicles.

Leave a comment:

• Nixon
    Guest replied
    well...my first car i tried drifting in was a 1989 Ford Crown Victoria with a 5.0 V8, mostly just in rain, perfect burnouts though, price=free hand me down

now i have a 1989 Nissan 240SX hatch, ittl have a SR in a month, has megan racing coilovers, brembo slotted rotors, axxis racing brake pads, 5Zigen Fn01r-c wheels, circuit sports front/rear strut bars, tanabe front/rear sway bars...list goes on for a while so ill stop now

Leave a comment:

• eomund240
    replied
    Well if I were to honestly answer this I started driving like a nutcase in my '98 Ford Ranger. I started screwing around in dirt, moved to rain and started doing it on dry Tarmac. After almost rolling it twice, I stopped playing around in that for my own safety.

My first real drift 'Car' was an '85 Toyota Corolla SR5. It had the single cam 4AC. Even though it was a gutless little thing, that was a great little car. That car tought me half of what I know about driving today. I'm not a huge fan of Initial D myself but there is one very true statement they made about the AE86. The car trains the driver. You don't have all this automatic crap to fall back on. It teaches you how to drive with week to no power steering, no power breaks, and how to make up for rough surfaces 'cause of having a solid axil. The stock chassis is also really lively. Without coilovers, big fancy wheels or any power mods the car is still a joy to drive.

Edit: Oh and I only payed $1,400 for it and it was in great shape. (I wish I still had it )

Leave a comment:

• gigglesnirt
    replied
    1981 rx7, bought for $500. Came with koni struts and racing beat springs, welded the diff, very strong 12a motor that ran forever(and still is in a different car at 275k). Was a perfect beater to learn on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X