No announcement yet.

Introducing the Drift Republic (Europe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing the Drift Republic (Europe)

Following some awesome performances and good times in 2007, 4 of the top european drivers have joined forces under team 'Drift Republic' for the 2008 season. It was during the many many long road trips across Europe that the bonds of friendship grew and through (Scotland, Ireland, Sweden, Belgium) that the Drift Republic formed.

We had such a laugh together in 07 and wanted to do it all again - so we are!

www.driftrepublic.co.uk

Drivers:
    • Mark Luney - current European No2 - www.sidewaysbuff.com
      <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nql07NR6IVA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nql07NR6IVA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Mark Johnston - current European No3 - www.markjracing.co.uk
      <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lpx5UfL2W_M&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lpx5UfL2W_M&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Tim Marshall - D1GB no5

Ralph Crampton - 3rd D1GB Rockingham - www.ralphcrampton.com

Cars:

SVA Imports 350z - 600hp www.svaimports.com

Weston Performance PS13 - 440hp www.westonperformance.co.uk

K-Sport R33 - 500hp (will be V8 for 2008) www.apexperformance.co.uk

SVA Imports PS13/14 - 400hp (Backup Car)

Events

Prodrift European Series - www.prodriftseries.com

All the buzz in europe at the moment is about the much awaited Prodrift European Series, this builds on their hugely successful Prodrift IRL and partnerships with the major players on mainland europe. Events are being held in Ireland, England, Sweden, Holland and Finland - the first truly european series in the world.

The Prodrift European Series will match up the best of the best in the whole of Europe, and with Rounds all over the mainland we will see only the very top drivers bring home the Silverware - we want DR to be at the top of the pile in '08

The Drift Republic boys have all signed up for the Prodrift European Series, including the 3 Semi-pros who will be travelling in search of success and some Pro scalps!!

Semi-Pros
    The republic team isnt just about the 4 Pros, we also have 3 of the most promising Semi-Pro drivers in the UK onboard as well. The 3 Semi-pros were handpicked by the Pro drivers because they show excellent potential, the right spirit and are drivers that the Pros feel will be knocking on the door in 2008.

Please welcome:

Tom Yates - 400hp MiesterR PS14 & 500hp R32 GTR

Dan Chapman - 360hp RockStar/Federal PS13

Jon Bartholomew - 350hp Rx7

Fat Dave - Team Boss

Finally myself, I'm commonly known in as Fat Dave! I've worked with the SVA Imports team since late 2005 when we developed the 350z with Ralph Crampton driving, then all through 2007 with Mark Luney in the drivers seat.

I speak to all the drivers on a daily basis, in fact I'm more of a 'drivers biatch' than I am the boss. My role is to make sure all the drivers know what events are going on, find out what events the guys want to drive in and help source sponsors for the drivers. I'm the man who usually books the hotels and arranges the trailer etc for the cars to be transported in.

My day job is an IT manager and at Night you can find me in the garage getting my hands dirty!! I love drifting and am working hard to see if I can bring 1 or 2 drivers out to the USA. We have a spare car we can send, but alas I dont know anyone to help with storing and transporting the car around the USA for the events

thanks
    Last edited by DriftRepublic; 04-22-2009, 12:34 PM.

Drift Republic 2009

After the success of the Drift Republic in 2008 culminating in Tim Marshall http://www.timmytrouble.com travelling to the US to compete at the RedBull World Drift Championship and Dan Chapman being named 'Prodrift Europe Rookie of the Year' as well as finishing 2nd Overall in the JDM Allstars - the team looks forward to 2009

Tim in action in the V8 Skyline @ Long Beach

Mark Luney (www.sidewaysbuff.com) will again Pilot the SVA Imports 350z and has also been developing a new car for the Prodrift European Series, a BN Sports Supra taregtted to deliver 700hp to his right foot....

The Maxxis Tyres relationship continues for 2009 with Mark Luney and Tom Yates both being sponsored direct by Maxxis. They will be running the MAZ1-Drift that they tested in the UK last year.

Dan 'retrodan' Chapman has been sponsored by Federal Tyres in line with his Driftworks sponsored driver status.

RockStar enegery drink are onboard for '09 season and will see Dan's car wear the familiar yellow star

MeisterR is a new suspension brand for the UK and were pleased that they have partnered with the Drift Republic to help them develop there racing line providing Suspension to Tom Yates, Jon Beezy and Mark Luney.
    Last edited by DriftRepublic; 04-22-2009, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Dan Chapman 2nd at JDM Allstars - Round 1

The Drift Republic's Dan Chapmantook 2nd place at the JDM Allstars - event in Newcastle, England - with team mate Jon Beezy finishing in 12th!!

With a top class field including from the RedBull World Drift Championship competing this was a great result for both drivers:

Remmo Niezen - RedBull World Drift Competitor
      Paul Bvlasbom - RedBull World Drift Competitor
      Kawabata-San - Driving Sports Japan
      Phil Morrison - Driftworks s15
      Martin Ffrench - Dragon Rx7

see the full write up: http://www.jdmallstars.com/about/lat...asp?jdmnews=38

Dan is sponsored by RockStar Energy Drink, Federal Tyres & Driftworks

Jon is sponsored by Hayward Rotary, MiesterR Suspension & URBAN Clothing

www.driftrepublic.co.uk
      Last edited by DriftRepublic; 04-22-2009, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Drift Republic - Dan Cjhapman wins Premier European Event

Europe’s best drifters gathered in the shadows of the famous Wembley Stadium in London for the JDM Allstars - Round 3

Mark even made the events promo posters in the SVA Imports 350z

We are really pleased to have had 3 Drift Republic drivers make it into the Top32 of this event, and even happier that Dan Chapman and Mark Luney both stormed into the Top16 with relative ease.

Dan was on fire all weekend in his Nissan Silvia PS13, with a new Holset HX35 Turbo installed he had 450hp at his disposal, Just a touch less than the 590hp 350z Mark was piloting

catch JDM's website for the news and a cool video:

http://www.jdmallstars.com/about/lat...asp?jdmnews=43

Comment

Working...
        X