X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MonkeySlide
    replied
    Originally posted by courantcom View Post
    Formula D already let it happen...okay, so now what.
    I feel pretty confident that they'll change their minds...or give Autobacs a loop-hole to go through.

Situations like this always seem to be pretty dynamic and fluid...one second its gonna be like this and then the next it all changes.

And even if they do hold their ground..Im sure once they have all the negative feedback after vegas they'll do whatever it is they feel they need to do to appease to Autobacs.

I don't think they would let this simple rule drive out a team...at least I hope not.

Leave a comment:

• courantcom
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
    I'm really hoping that Formula D doesn't let this happen.

However even if they fix this..maybe the damage will already be done as far as Autobacs goes.

Which sucks..because the symbolism of Autobacs is really cool
    Formula D already let it happen...okay, so now what.

Leave a comment:

• MonkeySlide
    replied
    Originally posted by courantcom View Post
    Attention is being brought to Rule section 8.3.1 of the currently available Formula D rule book. It's online, way at the bottom under General Forms on their website. I'm afraid that Autobacs may not be back, and not only that, but will also be very vocal about why they weren't allowed to race in the only "professional" US series involving drifting.

So...with the mere idea of Autobacs not being able to come out to play, does anyone think that this will negatively impact the growth of drifting in the USA?
    I'm really hoping that Formula D doesn't let this happen.

However even if they fix this..maybe the damage will already be done as far as Autobacs goes.

Which sucks..because the symbolism of Autobacs is really cool

Leave a comment:

• tyndago
    replied
    Nothing too crazy in the front. I think the new Import Tuner mentions the mods to the car. Its not tube frame. Its not going from a leaf to IRS or anything weird like that.

Its not a front wheel drive car , converted to rear wheel drive. Somehow OK for the series based on a car that no one in the US has ever seen up close.

Thats what happens when money gets into the mix.

Leave a comment:

• courantcom
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
    So what "illegal" mod's did they do to the suspension?

Why do I have a feeling that Autobacs wont be back next year
    Attention is being brought to Rule section 8.3.1 of the currently available Formula D rule book. It's online, way at the bottom under General Forms on their website. I'm afraid that Autobacs may not be back, and not only that, but will also be very vocal about why they weren't allowed to race in the only "professional" US series involving drifting.

So...with the mere idea of Autobacs not being able to come out to play, does anyone think that this will negatively impact the growth of drifting in the USA?

Leave a comment:

• MonkeySlide
    replied
    So what "illegal" mod's did they do to the suspension?

Why do I have a feeling that Autobacs wont be back next year

Leave a comment:

• courantcom
    replied
    Originally posted by deadpirate View Post
    i hear they are still going thru the process of leagilizing the car per formula D rules...i think the skyline is fine

the sky/tc on the other hand....
    The Skyline is NOT fine...I'm not asking, I'm informing.

Leave a comment:

• courantcom
    replied
    Originally posted by Hach1r0k1d03 View Post
    i wonder if sa-drift is reading this and what they have to say.
    I'm more than certain that sa-drift is reading everything they can read with all this...

Leave a comment:

• tyndago
    replied
    Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
    TC... they have gotten more then enough lea-way in my eyes. And the car still doesent perform its moneys worth. Not even a threat in my eyes, kengushi is supposed to be the future.... the future is looking kinda bad.
    When a car is not competitive, no one notices. However, come in , finish in the top 5 , and hear the screams from coast to coast....

Leave a comment:

• tyndago
    replied
    The problem, from what I hear is the front suspension on the Skyline. It is a little different to get some more angle out of the front. Its the same "type" of suspension, but I think thats where some of the problems are.

There were some complaints from some people. Sorry about all the ambiguity ...names changed to protect the innocent.

From what I hear right now, the car can not run in Las Vegas. Thats what I hear from people in the know.

The way the Formula D rules are written, they cover themselves to "allow" what they want. You can get anything "pre-approved". However there is no list of "pre-approvals". When we ran in World Challenge, there was a list of changes/ modifications that were allowed to the cars to make them competitive. Formula D has nothing like that I see in place.

There are plenty of cars in Formula D with suspension changes and modifications. How many of them are "pre-approved", and how many of them are a nod and a wink... well thats between the chief steward and the teams.

I know that many of a certain type of Nissan have some pickup point modifications on a rear aluminum subframe.

Leave a comment:

• Bebop
    replied
    Originally posted by deadpirate View Post
    i hear they are still going thru the process of leagilizing the car per formula D rules...i think the skyline is fine

WTF??

what more needs to be done?

has a spec cage... at the end of day isn't that all you need... and a inside and outside fuel cut?

how hard can it get

Sky and the Sol, they are fair game in my book... and you have to take a lot into consideration in hampshas case. That car is still kinda stock when it comes to the motor. Putting out far less then Rhys's and Falkens chassis.

TC... they have gotten more then enough lea-way in my eyes. And the car still doesent perform its moneys worth. Not even a threat in my eyes, kengushi is supposed to be the future.... the future is looking kinda bad.

Leave a comment:

• deadpirate
    replied

Last edited by deadpirate; 06-29-2008, 08:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bebop
    replied
    Pontiac vs. Autobacs

Leave a comment:

• Hach1r0k1d03
    replied
    i wonder if sa-drift is reading this and what they have to say.

Leave a comment:

• tyndago
    replied
    I am just going off some info from a friend. Saying that a certain car is having a hard time , and probably not going to be allowed to compete in Vegas. Even though (because ?) they are top 10 in points.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X