(NEW FORMAT, TOP 32 TANDEM) FORMULA D's NEW Competition Format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YOitzJDM View Post
    Does that mean that we could potentially see 45+ cars qualifying in 1 session? that's going to be an awefully long session...

at least last year, unseeded qualifying was typically only around 20-25 cars, and then you had 32 cars qualifying on Saturday morning. Qualifying on Saturday would take 2.5 - 3 hours with 32 cars, it seems like we could see a 4 hour qualifying session with 45 cars if everyone has to qualify at once!
    Bragging or complaining?

Comment

i can't sit still for 4 hours of qualifying.

Comment

FD, are you considering changing the rule to allow passing on tandem runs? I'm not saying just because D1 does it you should also, but to add more excitement for the fans. It's understandable in years past it wasn't a good idea to allow passing for safety reasons and the skill level wasn't there yet for a lot of the drivers, but I think it's time to reconsider because the overall skills from FD drivers have improved so much
        We do allow passing actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D View Post
          Could have fooled me.

Comment

Could have fooled me.
            You're not the only one. I have had that conversation with quite a few people. In the latest version of the rulebook, we added clarity to that element for just that reason. It may already be on the site with all the appendix's in. Haven't checked lately.

Comment

Allowing for a back up car to be used if you crashed isnt really a good idea. I think a big problem with that is drivers would drive my recklessly because they would think "oh who cares I have a back up car if I hit this guy", although it would make it more exciting that they might try to get closer because of the "insurance" of a back up car it would mean they could be more reckless instead of using more finesse. And of course the other obvious reason that not everyone can afford a 2nd car, especially one that is the same exact build as the other. I forget how FD works but in D1 if you crash you get a set amount of time to see if you can fix it (5-10 min) and if not your opponent moves on regardless of their performance.

32 tandem will be sweet though. live coverage I would bring more sponsors because it would extend the audience to an outrageous amount, if say espn or speed covered it. How many people have those channels? Alot. Plus that leaves room for commercials as well. If sponsors see this and notice the gaining popularity of drifting they will invest more money into it because they will be making more profit from increased sales, and this will also mean that more companies will sponsor drifting. bottom line is more sponsors and more sponsor money means that drivers will be able to earn a legit income and not have to spend a bunch of personal money and credit cards to fix their cars. Also with more sponsored drivers with more reliable cars that can perform at every event, this will make it more competitive as well.

Think about how many guys turn the tv on and go right to espn or some type or "guy" channel, theyed see drifting and be like hmmm whats this and theres a good chance that seeing cars sliding that arent nascar cars or 600,000 lemans cars will strike interest is alot of people. If it werent for magazines and car blogs covering drifting it would be nowhere, because how many people just go online and search for stuff theyve never heard of. Because people who liked cars bought or visited car blogs and saw drifting and thought it was cool so they got into it. If your a guy and you like guy things like sports and cars and you go to a tv channel that usually has those things and see drifting itll get your interest and you will go online and see this entire culture. Im obviously not saying anything new that everybody here doesnt already know, just reminding everyone that drifting is one of the only sweet things left in the stupid world and everyone should spread the love and help the sport grow in the right direction.

sorry for the long *Censored**Censored**Censored* retarded post.

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D View Post
                When? Is it new for this year? As far as I know in past seasons it wasn't allowed and didn't see a driver trying to pass the lead car.

Comment

so who's are the judges this year?

Comment

Working...
                  X