ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ERIC O SULLIVAN TO COMPETE IN FORMULA DRIFT SERIES WITH ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINKS And HA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERIC O SULLIVAN TO COMPETE IN FORMULA DRIFT SERIES WITH ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINKS And HA

ERIC O SULLIVAN TO COMPETE IN FORMULA DRIFT SERIES WITH ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINKS AND HANKOOK TIRES

26/3/09 – Dublin, Ireland

ERIC O SULLIVAN TO COMPETE IN FORMULA DRIFT SERIES WITH ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINKS AND HANKOOK TIRES
    Former Prodrift Series Champion and current JDM Allstars Triple Crown Series Champion Eric O Sullivan has announced plans to compete in Formula Drift series in the United States for the 2009 season. Eric will be joining Robbie Nishida at the Dynamic Autosports/Gruppe S Team in a 2007 Subaru Impreza STI for the 7-round series, which commences April 11th-12th on the Streets of Long Beach, California.

After witnessing a monumental performance at the World Drift Championship event in Long Beach last November, Eric’s title sponsors Rockstar Energy Drink and Hankook Tires will be helping him to achieve his goal of challenging some of the best drifting talent in the World for the championship. O’Sullivan earned his bid to the invite-only World Championships through his 2007 series championship in the Irish Pro Drift series, Prodrift European Series 3rd place overall and added a JDM All Stars Triple Crown championship to his resume in 2008. O’Sullivan drove his Honda F20-powered AE86 Corolla in the competition, and was able to claim a respectable 15th-place qualification despite being the lowest-powered car in the field.

When asked about Eric joining the Hankook Tires team for 2009, Director of Marketing Paul Jho replied ”We are happy and excited to have the Prodrift Champion here with us in America and we are confident that Dynamic Autosports will build a winning car for Eric to achieve his goal. Eric O’Sullivan gave an outstanding performance at the World Championship event in Long Beach and Formula Drift is excited that Eric will be competing in US Professional Series with Hankook Tire”.

For Eric and his team in Ireland, this has been a long journey to get to this stage. Many months of negotiations and meetings have led to this opportunity to progress his professional driving career. Eric is delighted with this opportunity to compete in Formula D and said ” I attended the final round of Formula D back in 2006 and knew there and then that was where I wanted to be. I have been working towards this for over 2 years now and, after being so close on a number of occasions, I am delighted to finally get my chance. Rockstar Energy Drink and Hankook Tires have been instrumental to my success in Europe, and I am confident with their continued support, I can achieve the same in Formula D ”

More details of sponsors and car configuration will be announced shortly in the lead up to the first round on the Streets of Long Beach. Be sure you keep up to date with Eric’s progress throughout the season by checking out www.ericosullivan.com.

For more information on:

Eric O Sullivan: www.ericosullivan.com/wordpress/

Rockstar Energy Drinks: www.rockstar69.com

Hankook Tires USA: www.hankooktireusa.com

Dynamic Autosport/Gruppe S: www.gruppe-s.com

Comment

Working...
    X