No announcement yet.

Team Mopar® Driver Samuel Hübinette Takes No. 12 Spot in Long Beach Qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Mopar® Driver Samuel Hübinette Takes No. 12 Spot in Long Beach Qualifying

Team Mopar® Driver Samuel Hübinette Takes No. 12 Spot in Long Beach Qualifying
    Saturday, April 11. 2009
    Long Beach, Calif. (April 10, 2009) – Team Mopar® driver and two-time Formula Drift (FD) champion Samuel Hübinette began his 2009 FD season by taking the No. 12 spot in qualifying today at the Round One: Streets of Long Beach event. Driving his Mopar NuFormz Dodge Viper SRT10®, Hübinette was awarded a score of 77.1 by the FD judges on his first run, followed by a 77.4 on his second and final qualifying pass, which earned him the No. 12 spot out of a field of 43 cars battling to make the Top 32. The “Crazy Swede,” the career FD wins leader, will seek his tenth winner’s trophy tomorrow.

“We would have liked to have qualified higher, but now we know that we’re in the field and we can prepare to get after it tomorrow,” said Hübinette, who captured the victory at the inaugural FD Long Beach event in 2006 and scored a runner-up finish here in 2008. “We’ve had a lot of success here at Long Beach in the past, and we’d really like to get off to a good start here and at the next race in Atlanta before we switch to the Mopar Drift Dodge Challenger at New Jersey.”

The eliminations tomorrow will be the first since FD expanded the tandem drift battles from the top Top 16 drivers to the Top 32. Hübinette knows the extra round will present challenges.

“With the addition of the extra round, you’re going to really have to be careful,” said Hübinette, who runs on BFGoodrich Tires, a long time associate sponsor. “There are so many things that can go wrong during tandem battles. One little mistake and you’re done, and there are so many good drivers out there this year. I need to be on top of my game, but I feel very confident in my Mopar-powered Viper.”
Working...
X