ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(V8 PREDICTION) What Percentage of the 2011 Builds Will Have a V8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
    I thought it was about all of American drifting... Oops. Oh well.

I agree, in FD you need a MAJOR budget to make a 4 or even 6 cylinder competitive.
    Budget doesn't matter, you can't be competitive in FD without a V8, that's the point. Name a 4 or 6 cylinder car that is 'competitive' in FD right now. I can't think of one. MAYBE if Tuerck was in the solstice and still had the ecotec motor, but that's the only car that I feel is competitive.

Comment

Aasbo's car can be. He was fast at Atlanta, according to Mike Kojima and if he hadn't dirt dropped, Dai might not be in the position for the championship he is in right now. Walker did really well at NJ, but broke a differential. Graven did well, too, and I think he will be a force to be reckoned with at Evergreen.

Comment

Originally posted by YOitzJDM View Post
        Budget doesn't matter, you can't be competitive in FD without a V8, that's the point. Name a 4 or 6 cylinder car that is 'competitive' in FD right now. I can't think of one. MAYBE if Tuerck was in the solstice and still had the ecotec motor, but that's the only car that I feel is competitive.

And maybe Rhys's 08 solstice as well.

Aasbo situation is a if, but the sad thing is there's probably 2 other V8 cars with the same or smaller budget that are ranked above him (Powers and Dai). I really don't see why teams like Bergenholtz and Papadakis even put forth such a huge effort knowing they will probably come up well short of first. Oh yeah round of applause for Mohan, putting the hurt on with a 2 rotor.

If I had to rank the cars by classes today the leaders would be:

Open Class: - Yoshihara
        Domestic Muscle Class - Pawlak
        Turbo Class - Mohan
        Short Wheelbase Class - Russakoff

Comment

if rhys wasnt so focussed on rally i think i would say his stroked 6 is competetive. that things fast as fuh!

Comment

Rhys's car breaks every other event

And to top it off when he first debut it they had to run a VQ... I sometimes question if the Hyundai V6 is actually really in there.

Comment

Just from hearing Millen's car, doesn't sound like he's running the VQ anymore. As far as Aasbo goes, I feel like he could be SO much more competitive in his Supra, seems like he's much more acclimated to the feel of a 2JZ rather than the boosted 2AR.

Comment

yeah the supra fit him well and thaat thing kept up all over the place

Comment

Remember Aasbo showed up to FD 2 times before his breakout at long beach 2010

Red Bull World Championship he looked....okay

Irwindale 09 he qualified like 32nd and was easily eliminated out the competition.

Things take time....but one thing is for sure, he wont ever win a championship in that car if the sport stays the same.

Comment

Originally posted by YOitzJDM View Post
                    12/12 podiums are now V8's
                    15/16 top 4's are V8's (GO RUSKAKOFF!)
                    Aasbo made a break-thru!

14/15 podiums are V8 (Aasbo being the lone ranger)
                    17/20 top 4's were V8 (Aasbo, Ruskakoff, and Millen)

9 of the top 9 in FD results are V8, 11 of the top 16.

it's a V8 series whether you like it or not.

Comment

There will most likely always be those involved in the sport that are purists. What I mean by that is that they will always want to keep the stock engines in the car and leave it to modifying it for competition.

But with the rest of those involved in the motorsport, it's becoming more and more obvious, what with the writings of Mike Kojima and the experience of drivers on track that stressing a v8 engine out is a lot less stressful than doing so with a smaller displace engine, be it of a 4 or 6 cylinder variant.

The LS engine will continue to grow in popularity within the next few seasons!

Comment

Originally posted by HolleyPerf View Post
                        There will most likely always be those involved in the sport that are purists. What I mean by that is that they will always want to keep the stock engines in the car and leave it to modifying it for competition.
                        I dot think there are very many purists on here. I for one just want to see broader competitiveness across the field.

Comment

Rhys Millen Racing

Rhys Millen Racing

-"Only non-V8 to win an event in the 2011 series." (NOTE: One more event left)

Comment

Originally posted by INFO View Post
                            Rhys Millen Racing

-"Only non-V8 to win an event in the 2011 series." (NOTE: One more event left)
                            time to throw up my RMR gang sign

Comment

Season is over.

18/21 podiums were V8 (Aasbo / Millen 2x)
                              23/28 top 4's were V8 (Aasbo, Ruskakoff, and Millen x3)

All of the top 8 were V8's, 12 of top 16 were V8 (Gushi, Aasbo, Millen, and Mohan were the exceptions).

Breaking it down to top 25, only 9 of 25 were smaller than a V8

Comment

Working...
                              X