X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menchi
    replied
    Originally posted by Tsunami
    I hate to enlighten you but a Nascar racer would F&^%$#@ OWN a GT500 Skyline on a roadcourse. What other cars do you know of that can hit 200mph on the motor? And just ask any pro driver and they will tell you that Nascars are actually very fun to drive.

Initial D sux in America not becuase the "nascar hillbillies" don't like drifting, it's becuause TOKYOPOP took a good thing and screwed it up trying to sell it out to the 2F2F crowd.

Americans only like straight line cars? Then why do thousands of Americans by Ferraris, Corvettes and Porsches?

I'm not flaming but you should just be a little more open minded.
    could you explain the hype with NASCAr I don;t understand it at all, big circles are fun but I don't see how that is professional racing, I know these guys have skill so why do they drive in circles, and do the JGTC guys drive in circles, I've never seen it

Leave a comment:

• spock
    replied
    Originally posted by Tsunami
    Americans only like straight line cars? Then why do thousands of Americans by Ferraris, Corvettes and Porsches?

I don't think they like them for their handling. They them for their 0-60 numbers. If Americans really liked cars with good handling everyone would be driving stuff like MX-5s and Integras. Not flaming either. Just kind of disagree with that one.

Leave a comment:

• nissanguy_24
    replied
    <b>hate to enlighten you but a Nascar racer would F&^%$#@ OWN a GT500 Skyline on a roadcourse.</b>

I know im biased, but i dont know about that. Those GT cars are suposed to be pretty badassed.

But honestly i dont know the limitations of either of these cars.

Leave a comment:

• Tsunami
    replied
    Originally posted by Nismo_r34
    American never know what is drifting that's why initial d suck in america. American like fast car that go straight only like nascar.
    I hate to enlighten you but a Nascar racer would F&^%$#@ OWN a GT500 Skyline on a roadcourse. What other cars do you know of that can hit 200mph on the motor? And just ask any pro driver and they will tell you that Nascars are actually very fun to drive.

Initial D sux in America not becuase the "nascar hillbillies" don't like drifting, it's becuause TOKYOPOP took a good thing and screwed it up trying to sell it out to the 2F2F crowd.

Leave a comment:

• Menchi
    replied
    good, good, just keep watching your NASCAR hillbillies.

Leave a comment:

• V8bosozoku
    replied
    NASCAR goes straight????

Leave a comment:

• Nismo_r34
    replied
    American never know what is drifting that's why initial d suck in america. American like fast car that go straight only like nascar.

Leave a comment:

• V8bosozoku
    replied
    Bunta VS Takumi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't lie, I did have ALOT of fun with Auto Modellista, custom graphics that formed the tofu shop characters on the trueno and painting the body kit panels primer gray on my 200+mph squareback civic Si. The only people that could beat me online wre the frikkin cheaters, bastards.
    Last edited by V8bosozoku; 03-19-2004, 11:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tsunami
    replied
    I've never read the manga but I do know that there are several battles that have been featured that weren't in the anime.

Before Project D
    1. Keisuke vs Integra Type R (turbocharged)
    2. Takumi vs Civic Type R w/cf hood
    I believe these occur after Project D
    1. Keisuke vs R34 driven by pro racecar driver
    2. Takumi (c/f hood) vs Altezza
    3. Takumi (c/f hood) vs the Eunos roadster (miata)
    4. Bunta buys a WRX STI and races Takumi!!!

Now here's an interesting note, the Miata is owned by the racer's girlfriend, and if my hunch is correct it's the same girl you see at the end of Third Stage the Movie. She drives a red Eunos, the same color as the one that battles Takumi.

Leave a comment:

• FC guy
    replied
    Sorry about that, my bad.

Leave a comment:

• Hardluck
    replied
    Stage One & Stage Two were TV series (1st stage was a full season of 26 episodes, 2nd stage was a half-season at a mere 13 episodes).

Stage Three was a full-blown big screen theatrical release (100 min movie).

Stage Four is going to be a TV series shown via Pay Per View only (with a meager 12 episodes stretched out over ten months from April 2004 to February 2005).

Extra Stage is an OAV DVD with two 'side story' episodes about Mako, Sayuki and their blue SilEighty which takes place during the events of Second Stage and Third Stage.

Battle Stage is a collection of all the battles from 1st, 2nd and 3rd stages set to eurobeat music with improved CGI.

(Maybe someone could confuse Third, Extra and Battle as being three individual movies...?)

Arcade Stage is the arcade game (duh).

Special Stage is the PS2 game.

There's also an 'Initial D' PS1 game, as well as a planned PC game entitled 'Initial D: Mountain Vengence'.

The DVD entitled 'Initial D: Fourth Stage ~Goes to Project D', is simply an 85 minute recap of Stages 1-3 to lead up to Fourth Stage.

I think I'm starting to repeat myself. Hope that fills in all the holes for you.

- Nathan

P.S. - Despite all efforts, Auto Modellista is NOT Initial D in any way shape or form.

P.S.S. - FC Guy, please don't call him Tak, Tokyopop calls him Tak, and Toykopop ruined Initial D. He's just Takumi to me.
    Last edited by Hardluck; 03-18-2004, 12:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FC guy
    replied
    Yeah the movies, the third stage movie( the cars look super real). The extra stage movie that like a spinoff with Mako and Simone. and the battle stage movie that recaps all of Takumi's battles plus all the races are re-mastered or re-computer animated. Initial D rules
    Last edited by FC guy; 03-18-2004, 03:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chrisfromda909
    Guest replied
    movies...? what? do tell.

Leave a comment:

• FC guy
    replied
    Im a huge initial d fan, I've got stage 1 and 2 and the three movies so far. I cant wait to see stage four, the pics look pretty cool. Im still waiting for the version 3 arcade too.

Leave a comment:

• Hardluck
    replied
    Yeah, that's the one. Actually I meant to include the link to the Japanese page where I got all the dates and saw the pics. (Granted, you're not going to see Takumi's carbon fiber hood on here, but he does get one in the manga, and I've seen some Initial D toys with the CF hood on).

http://avexmode.jp/animation/initial/initial.html

Have fun. Oh, and for any eurobeat fans out there, Move is indeed still doing the opening theme. I've heard it's a track called 'World's End ~Rebirth~', but I've yet to confirm that nor locate the song.

"Road Racers have to accept challenges, right?"
    - Takumi Fujiwara

"Avex mode just has to accept that they're ripping off all the Initial D fans out there, right?"
    - Nathan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X