X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this while I was at ebisu

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
      The function over form is a bit of an oxymoron with drifting. The form being the function and all. Oops, did someone forget drifting is about cool looking cars sliding around?

I just saw a clean dark blue Z at Phở yesterday with the nicest wheel fitment and tasteful body kit. If I saw this on the street I would scoff and laugh at it.

I miss the days when RMR where the only ones that didn't get it. Now everyone has caught the FoF bug
      you don't know anything about sponsorship sorry every single sticker is worth money so no matter how good or ugly it looks that's how they would want it
      thank you
      P.S
      That car looks awesome
      (626) 786-7444
      (818) 897-7445

Ask for CHRIS

MILANO MOTORSPORTS-Front-Clips
      -Engine SWAPS/Installation
      -Used Parts - all that and a bag of chips
      -350Z used parts

www.Turboneticsinc.com
      www.cxracing.com
      www.kaazusa.com
      www.coopertires.com
      www.specclutch.com

Comment

Originally posted by MILANO AUTO View Post
        you don't know anything about sponsorship sorry every single sticker is worth money so no matter how good or ugly it looks that's how they would want it
        thank you
        P.S
        That car looks awesome
        Agreed, I think it looks dope... once it gets some stance it will look better.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
          The function over form is a bit of an oxymoron with drifting. The form being the function and all. Oops, did someone forget drifting is about cool looking cars sliding around?

I just saw a clean dark blue Z at Phở yesterday with the nicest wheel fitment and tasteful body kit. If I saw this on the street I would scoff and laugh at it.

I miss the days when RMR where the only ones that didn't get it. Now everyone has caught the FoF bug
          Originally posted by MILANO AUTO View Post
          thank you
          P.S
          That car looks awesome
          In other words. You pay me to say it looks good. It looks good.

Comment

Chris Milano schooling us on car looks and sponsorship placement?

Hell is afreezin and pigs are aflyin!

I actually really don't mind the whole corporate scheme, even though on Fors' car there is way too much black and not enough orange.

Maybe hes looking to catch some sort of hankook tire effect?

But in this day in drifting alot of drift car seem to purposely look less and less like a traditional production race car (see pic above again).

People like to point out the JDM "fanboy" hellaflush culture and forget that every single production car competing in a race series is much lower then stock with clean fitting proper looking wheels. This trend wasn't invented in 2001 when D1 came to the scene, in fact I look down on some D1GP cars because even though their cars are properly stanced their sponsorship placement is horrible. I cant even really identify 50% of the sponsors at first glance on some of these cars.... and that's including the title sponsor.

I rather see sponsor placement like this:

Than like this:

In my eyes a car should be just as good looking in white as it does in full sponsor livery.

I just saw a clean dark blue Z at Phở yesterday with the nicest wheel fitment and tasteful body kit.
            If someone has good taste in food they probably have good taste in cars
            Last edited by Bebop; 04-05-2011, 01:33 PM.

Comment

U-g-l-y

Comment

Working...
              X