Drift Project: Beyond the Grave by: EPI Euro Parts Import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift Project: Beyond the Grave by: EPI Euro Parts Import

Hello guys! This is my new project driftcar. Its called "Beyond the Grave" and its for a reason so sit back, and enjoy!

So im the elder Lizardi brother and well my lil bro has a e36 drift car, and it has plenty of mods including a custom made turbo kit, with a gt30 turbine , custom made intercooler tubing, electromotive programable cpu and many more good things! Here is the tread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...light=s50e30m3 while i was stuck drifting a old e30 we had done for circuit racing.

It worked but its basicaly made from spare parts, junkjard parts and handmedowns. Finaly my dad (primary sponsor) gave me the green light to make a new drift car for me since my lil bro was taking all the spotlight and i was stuck drifting a junker car that wasnt reliable. So i considereted many options, but then i remembered one car:

A old GT2 car that my dad and a client had done a long time ago but it was dropped for some reason and it sat there at the back of the junkjard, the car had been striped of its engine, suspencion, brakes, everything, it was just the shell and the rollcage, and it was salvaged for its rollcage basicaly. Here it is 5 years later

Took me 3 days of moving cars to get the flatbed to pick it up... thanks to all my friends that helped me get there

And after 4 hours and $12 on the preassure wash this is how the car looks like!

The reason why i chose this car!

Now given the fact that the car had been sitting there on its floor for 5 years well it barely has any rust. The most noticable is were the rollcage was welded to the body but it can be fixed!

note that the car is only held by 3 tower jack's and its pretty stable just to show how rigid the car is.

Now for the paint. Dad wants both cars to have the same desighn but with alternating body colors, so I fired up the xbox and wipped up a nice design for the car, also since im bringing the car back from the dead, and I like to give out names to my project cars well i decided to name this car "Beyond the Grave" after my favorite videogame character from "Gungrave"

Here is the design for the paintjob.

And now for the basecoat!

Now that the car has at least the basecoat its off to the mecanicals.
    Originaly the car was going to have a 540 supercharged v8 engine but since the car is going to run on the Dominican Republic, and v8 engines there are really rare well we decided to make a copy of my brother's car by using a 325 VANOS-less engine.

Also The coilovers finaly arrived! D2 racing coil-overs.

Coilovers installed:

And now the engine is being stripped to put in new gaskets, a Cometic cyl. head gasket, and ARP studs.

Now the brake booster has been installed and all the brake lines too, just the caliper lines are missing but we are waiting for a set of steel braided ones to arrive.

So thats it for now, ill update as soon as I do something else to the car. Hope you enjoy it!

Comment

looks fun, keep the updates coming

Comment

Yeahhhh! Hope u had fun this past Drift Day! Miss u guys! Good luck with the project!

Comment

Hello! so I came back from the dominican republic and the parts are finally here !! so back to work!

Installed the steel braided brake lines. And finished the work on the brake booster.

And with that in place the car is off to the body shop.

Now that the car is out of my hands il have to work on the engine, so ill keep this tread updated as the progress goes on.

Comment

Awesome build and nice work. Glad to see you saved this from certain death.

Comment

Hey so i have been quite busy these past monts and well i even got to go to the East Coast Bash and hanged out with some friends and met some new ones, i also had the pleassure of helping some bmw freaks that needed some tips on drifting but after its all said and done i still have to fix my car (the e30) to go race on the dominican republic on july 23-24, so in the little time i had working on the project this is what I managed to do:
              It was agreed upon to change the paint scheme for both cars so here is the concept art

As for the car it is still on the body shop... aparently it had more rust damage than expected so it will be a while for it to get out of the shop. So on the meantime i began work on the engine:

removed the oil pan to make the oil piping for the turbo

also removed the oil pump to reinforce it and wile i was there why not clean up the engine block and give it a new paint.

removed all the pistons

and thats about it... ill have to make time when i finish the repair on my old e30 so ill keep this updated.

Comment

hope you can finish everything i such little time. good luck dude!

Comment

damn that's one hell of a jungle gym looks great man.. good work on the restoration.. That is indeed impressive how ridged that car is.

Comment

Working...
                  X