Your Car Your Set Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Car Your Set Up

yo I am looking into different cars andset ups so I can get an Idea what kinda car I might buy I have already decided that it will be a RWD so hopefully this works.

yeah... this should help me out too... i am in need of a car right now also, i need some ideas, dont worry... im not tryin to hijack your thread

Comment

set ups as in mods or set ups as in angles and rates?

EDIT: many other people ahve listed good starter cars, including me

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
        set ups as in mods or set ups as in angles and rates?

EDIT: many other people ahve listed good starter cars, including me
        Not enough apparently...

Comment

If your near Bakersfield, Ca I am thinking of selling my '87 Toyota MR2. Message me if interested.

Comment

I know on some forums there will be fifty posts like this and you can find the info easy. It's usually from massive repeats, but some forums cope with it.

On this forum, people don't seem to be so kind about having to repeat themselves 50 times. Each forum is different. This forum likes to keep posts to a minimum, i.e. minimize spamming and filling up the forum with the same question over and over.

Respect it and use the search first. If you don't find what you're looking for, then post. If you search, you might find what you're looking for or at least a part of what you're looking for. Then when you do post, it'll be specific and will cover a topic that hasn't been said to death.

On a personal note, I kind of find some slight spamming of the same question useful. When someone repeats themselves, usually the info is better said and more focused cause they already thought about it before. Also, more can be said. The person could add to the info that they previously discussed. It's just a matter of moderation. If it's too few and far between, you find that most of the data maybe specific to something and not helpful to you or perhaps only partially helpful. If it's too many, people will get annoyed and will stop replying. Then you'll start to see a lot of unanswered question, and the community will seem less helpful and less inviting. Moderation is the key, but I do think a little bit is good. This is just my personal opinion. Still search first.

Comment

Oh as far as witch car to get, yes, lots of posts. In general anything small and light are good candidates. The old rwd Corollas, the smaller Nissan rwd's (240sx and such), the MR2(rear heavy, not easiest to drift), pretty much anything rwd will work. I was personally looking at a BMW 3 series for example. My dad's determination for me to get an affordable, new(or almost), and reliable car lead me to a Subaru Forester. I'll soon find out how it drifts when I get it home. You could look at 4wd as well, old Subarus, Audis, things like that. You could even look at small trucks for 2wd or 4wd. Lower then, take some weight off, they'd drift decent enough if done right.

You have lots of choices. It's really a matter of personal preference. Both the car choice and car setup is usually a personal thing. Everyone will be different. For example, I actually like a little larger of a vehicle than most. I was raised on big cars and am comfortable throwing that much weight around, kind of feel safer in a big car too. Besides that, my setup will be different than others. How stiff the suspension is, what shock rates I use, how heavy of sway bars I use, tire choice, camber, caster, toe settings(whatever can be adjusted with the car), what engine choice and modifications. All these things will be done in a way were I like it. You could get in the same car and absolutely hate it. It's personal preference.

It's probably easiest to start with a tried and true performer, competely stock. Get used to the car, and start playing with setup changes based on what you want different. Again, this is my personal opinion.

Comment

You know i thought that this message board was a place for people to come and to talk about the sport of drifting. I meen so what if you get the same post 50 times in the last year. If your new here your first instinct is to post your question. An honest thing to do, and you expect somewhat of a helpfull reply. Not people with their smart a$$ comments saying that you need to do a search for your answer. I meen hell, if you have posted a reply before, then just don't post another reply. But don't be an a-hole about it. And if there are all these other drifting boards out there, with people that don't mind replying to the same message 50 times, then maybe thats the better board to be at. With the nicer and much more helpfull people. Not some a-holes saying to search the board.

Comment

The original post is acceptable and the search button is not always the best solution for all questions. DRIVE_and_DRIFT is new to this forum so let’s welcome him and be respectful.

If this question has already been discussed then please help by linking the previous threads.

Again, please respect ALL members.

Thank you

Comment

what was said was all fine and good, infact i said something similar in another post, However no one told this gentlemen to search.. It was mentioned as an after thought it had been discussed many times before. But i believe that was just a kind piece of information to tell the guy there indeed was this info out there.

Comment

whats the best drift car about three threads on that.

Whats the best set up same 4 or 5 threads.

Which car is best wow.

whats your favorite drift car and why.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...best+drift+car

here you go. This is why we say use the search button it gets asked every week it is also explained in the faq page.

Comment

DRIFTEXTREME is right man. there have been so many threads like this one.

Comment

Could I give a small suggestion, could the moderators put up a sticky post on top of each sub forum saything to search first before posting. Maybe make a "New Users, Read First..." thread. This would provide some initial insight to the new users on how to go about using this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Drift For Food
                            Could I give a small suggestion, could the moderators put up a sticky post on top of each sub forum saything to search first before posting. Maybe make a "New Users, Read First..." thread. This would provide some initial insight to the new users on how to go about using this forum.
                            Several forums have a general FAQ thread stickied at the top of the forum for newbies ot read, possibly listing good threads that have already been posted or having people answer basic questions in one post. Maybe even a sub-forum for a FAQ about basic questions people always ask.

Comment

Originally posted by PearlBlueSoul
                              Several forums have a general FAQ thread stickied at the top of the forum for newbies ot read, possibly listing good threads that have already been posted or having people answer basic questions in one post. Maybe even a sub-forum for a FAQ about basic questions people always ask.
                              The FAQ thread is stickied in the moderation forum.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=2101

Comment

Working...
                              X