ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Drifting heading the wrong direction?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nissanguy_24
    replied
    Rhys and SAM i ment to say sorry about that.

Leave a comment:

• MrodDrft
    replied
    Originally posted by nissanguy_24
    That said both Rhys and Millen drove excellent at Laguna seca

tee hee

wats wrong with this picture ?

Leave a comment:

• nissanguy_24
    replied
    After going to Laguna seca.. It did seem very agressive, i guess i have less of a problem with that, and more of a problem with the cost of some of these high powered Beast. The viper is insanely expensive. Performed well but it was very very pricey. The GTO is also pretty expensive to, But not as bad. Not really any worse then a drift 350Z. I think there is too much emphasis and power and smoke. Not just in American drifting either. I'd prefer to see things go lighter, less powered and tighter courses. Even if that means a seperate drifting leauge with that as an emphasis.

That said both Rhys and Sam drove excellent at Laguna seca, but that was never really an issue. I think we really will have to wait until the next American vs Japanese Event before we can really see the difference, and what needs to be changed. I just want the American manufacturers to know Drifting as a sport isnt about spectating its about DOING. Thats why most traditional drift cars can be purchase for very cheap, and even the highly modified versions dont have more then 10 grand in them on most ocasions.

Drifting isnt about watching people with exotic specalty cars do battle while we sit and drink beer. Drifting is about a love of the vehichles, and being able to after seeign the pro, get in your S13 or Your whatever and go down to your local track/touge* and having a good time. Its not Nascar which is all about spectating. Drifting is about driving.
    Last edited by nissanguy_24; 05-07-2004, 07:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• grift
    replied
    I don't know. I think it is good to see americans with amercian cars but I would hate for it to go the way of street racing. only time will tell

Leave a comment:

• JasperShowWRX
    replied
    Yeah, I've talked to people after the Laguna Seca event... just curious what everyone thinks. I have my opinion but nice to see what the public is leaning toward.

On a second note, I would have liked to see Chrysler use the Crossfire... just my two cents.

Leave a comment:

• MrodDrft
    replied
    yea i made a thread liek this long ago... its true its goign the wrong way. I feel the Viper is way out of place, but the GTO is just fine in my opinion. Also i do feel drifting is being portrayed the wrong way to the (ricey) public.

Leave a comment:

• STFUAD
    started a topic American Drifting heading the wrong direction?

American Drifting heading the wrong direction?

Well, I've been talking to multiple D1 drivers and fans and a majority of them believe that American Drifting is heading in the wrong direction. I'd like to know what you guys think. Some people believe that the american direction is going towards big horsepower and straying away from good ole underpowered skillful driving. I've even heard that people think our Supra is unfair. Yes we have horsepower but we have a lot of 'junk in the trunk' if you know what I mean. I wanna hear your opinion. All opinions appreciated. Are the big dawg American cars (GTO, VIPER) out of place? Are Americans gripping too much? Are we giving the American public the wrong view of drifting? Do you think the judging is biased? I want to know what you think. See you trackside!
Working...
X