No announcement yet.

S13 240SX KA24DE Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if your own a very low budget you are better off just puttin money into your handling since that should be easier on the wallet.

Comment

Just stop being anxious and wait it out.

Comment

i think everyone here is wrong. Except like 3 post...

Also i dont normally correct spelling, but this is killing me it is "Bang for your buck!" god that was misspelled every time it came up lol... just a typo im sure... hell my spelling is awfull....

Listen.. Forget smog legal. Big power IE anything over 170WHP and smog legal in a S13 doesnt work. Yes greddy has a single smog legal turbo kit running a good sized turbo for the S14. And actualy last time i checked it was still pending smog aproval. Not actually aproved yet.

The KA is a good engine. 250 whp out of it with a turbo setup is very doable. Your on a tight budget, then hit the forums and ebay and look for a tubo kit someone fabbed up, or is now removing. Then hit the junkyards and find an intercooler and turbo. Its possible but not exactly a walk in the park. For 250whp make sure you have good fuel delivery, Injectors fuel pump.. any little things im forgetting. If you have high miles, IE aproching 190-210k consider the engine dead.. Go out have fun, rev the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of it, drift. The whole time save money, because its going to die soon. While your saving money start looking at engine swap options. Either into a low millage KA, for NA or Turbo duty. a Sr swap, A CA swap. maybe a rb20 swap. or if you have money and really know what your doing check out the RB25 swap.

Get your self a power goal such as "i want to make X power between X rpm and X rpm" then find a way to meet that power goal. You need to know your engines, study dyno graphs, study compressor maps. Read magazines, Read books. Read forums. talk to the guys who have already done. And take everything someone tells you with a pinch of salt.

Check out the latest sr20det vs ka20det thread on this forum. There are good points mentioned to both engines..

If you are on a budget may i highly sugest the CA18 engine, with some turbo upgrade? theres a guy over at http://www.*Censored**Censored**Cens...d*.com/forums/ whos running a turbo CA running nitrous in japan for touge duty whow ill be happy to help. I think hes probably making mid 200s off the bottle, your goal. though i dont know if hes dynoed it.

If you have high miles, but you still want to turbo it, or go to a High Compression NA version do like steve sugested and rebuilt the whole thing. While your in there do some head work and stuff. And plan out every step of your modifications. Dont just throw some bolt-ons on especialy not with the KA it doesnt work that way.

And to the guy who said the SR is only stronger because of the turbo. It only produces more power because of the turbo. However the engine its self was designed to be turbocharged. Which means everything is beefed up. It also has a square bore. so a NA SR could potentially rev alot higher and beat out a NA KA, dispite the KA's .4 liter of displacement.... Thats why you see professional race cars with high RPM motors. Not long strokes. You should also check out the prefore mentione sr20det vs ka24det thread. good points on both engines there.

Every engine has its merrits and every engine is a path to power. Figure out what power you want to make, then figure out how to go there.

Comment

this is for that marleyskater420 that says i'm ignorant. If you knew anythink you'd realize that there is a difference between the sr20de and the sr20det. When a manufacturer creates a turbo engine they make several changes, the most important being the oil squirters in the cylinders to cool the pistons. The SR motor in stock form is a stronger engine because of the internals and because it is all aluminum. When pushing a lot of boost with the KA the iron block/aluminum head combination tends to flex. Being the educated person that I am, I know that stronger meant physically and not power wise. Also if you would read my posts on this thread I first suggest building a NA KA motor that would be more than sufficient for drift. It's a personal decision but, pushing a lot of boost on a KA without being built up will kill it. In no way is either the perfect engine. Having had both I've liked the sr20 better. It's smoother and has had less problems than the turbo KA and although the swap cost $3000 I haven't put any money into repairs on it, so for me the SR has been cheaper. It's an ignorant thing to do to start calling people you don't know ignorant. [TEXT EDITED BY A MODERATOR]

Comment

Originally posted by S13_Steve
            take that sucker out and frankenstein that biotch.... port and polish... ....
            hey pop secret.... to frankenstein something is to make a hybrid... like lsvtec... or b20 with b16 head.... stuff like that... im pretty sure there is nothing like that for the KA motor... correct me if im wrong... on a side not, is there any motors out there that can use the same crank as the KA but have a longer stoke... might be an easy way to get some extra tourqe out of the motor...

Comment

early SOHC block + DOHC Head = 11.7 compression ratio DOHC KA. This is fairly new, so far only a handful of guys have attempted it.

Comment

isnt the sohc block thinner overall than the dohc... ive heard of using the pistons... but not the whole block...

if your going turbo... reverse that and put a thick head gasket and bang you got some low compresion... lol

Comment

Originally posted by stretch240sx
                  isnt the sohc block thinner overall than the dohc... ive heard of using the pistons... but not the whole block...

if your going turbo... reverse that and put a thick head gasket and bang you got some low compresion... lol
                  There where rumors to that degree but the guys at nico who have done it say the blocks are identical. the pistons are the only difference. You can use just the pistons, but some have said its easier just to grabe the whole block.. Either way it doesnt mater.

and yeah DOHC pistons and SOHC head will make low compression, but then your stuck with a SOHC engine. May be more worth it to get aftermarket pistons.

Comment

thanks for the info guys, but ive decided to go with the ka and an engine rebuild and see how much hp i can get NA. i have another question tho what do yall think about an 89 toyota pickup truck lol

Comment

nooo,... nissan hard body. bag it and body drop it to lay frame. do the same thing you can do to a 240...

Comment

Working...
                      X