No announcement yet.

late 80s bmw 325i for drift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapel... are you the one and the same Chapel as on bf.c/e3s/r3vlimited? (I forgot which) Nice post... much longer and more in depth than mine.

Yes, I know about the euro drift contests and the e30's greatness in them. (Four doors seem to do better than two-doors) There is one 325i that usually vies for top spot.

The e30 is 53/47 factory. If you remove the trunk tar, spare, and rear seat, that goes to about 55/45. The factory hood is 44lbs and an Ireland Engineering fiberglass race hood is 12lbs. That's a 1.5% weight cut right there.

I can vie for the e30's tank-ness... I've flipped mine and still drive it. They're STRONG.

For e30 information, visit: bimmerforums.com and r3vlimited.com. For parts, go to Turner Motorsports, Ireland Engineering, Bavarian Autosport, and there are a couple more.

Comment

yeah, Im the same
      Im more of 'Mwerks' fame though

Comment

All this talk about the E30 drifting really makes me want to drift mine. I bought my 325e E30 for $700 with the linkage all F@cked up. It only shited into 1st, 3rd, and 5th with 200k+ miles. I only got to drive it for a few days while my e21 was down with a bent control arm....from letting understeer get the better of me.

I want to get the E30 up and running so bad now but I jsut don't have the money to do it, seeing how I am only 20 and working at a shitty grocery job I can only really afford to have one car on the road, plus I am saving up for a 240hp E30 M3 engine for me e21.... man that engine in that car...I think i could out drift anyone around where I live which is in Rhode Island. So far me and a few of my friends are the only ones I know of interested in the sport. so If thre are any more RI drifters or even from Mass or Conneticuit, send me an email or something I would love to hold a drift meet sometime, I know of a windy road with some awsome corners and no cops even a few hairpins towards the hilly area.

Comment

Ive been trying to organize one with the BMWCCA and some local shops as of late. our last Drift Day at Foxboro was cancelled.

Comment

I was actually looking to try and do some racing. I would like to see how I'd compare to the talent you have in Mass, If you are familiar with rhode Island you can take a look at roads like Wakefeild street in west warwick, fodering farm road in Naragansett. There is another one in Narragansett but I only know how to get there by driving i dont know the name of the road. Only a few are actually completely downhill most are both up and down hill. Not many hairpin conrers only about 5 throughout all the ones i mentioned. They are mostly Mid speed corners but they could be easily mastered if you already have had some practice.

as of right now my car is being overhauled as far as the suspension, because they were still origional from factory and are about 20 years old, I also need a new clutch. My car is also a bit old so i think i am going to put in a roll cage and reinforce the chassis a bit due to some rust. actually let me just list the things i need to replace just to pass inspection

-Rear Axles/ Differential
            -Clutch
            -Front and Rear Brakes (entire System)
            -Shocks/Springs/Tires(always need tires)

I am probly missing some other things but those are the main things i need soon.
            Last edited by Xise; 06-19-2004, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X