3 spoke rims/powdercoating ques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 spoke rims/powdercoating ques

hey guys its kinda late so this post might be all over the palce but i got 2 quick questions.

1st is besdies the advan super advans, what other 3 spoke rims are thier ? i wanna get sum 3 spokers for the fd and for the stock 240 thats commin. be on the look out for this one imma need all you guys help

2nd ques ive seen people getting thier rims painted or powdercoated black or something, how do they do that ? do they paint them or sumthing ? does the paint stay on do tehy like clear coat it on something so it stays?

I think its the same way you paint a car or something like it sand it down a bit so it can stick and the paint it ig uess...

Comment

ya i think your right, but im not sure. ? anyone else know any info ?

suggestions on 3 spoke rims ?

Comment

Avan A3A's, Goodyear A3A style, those are the only i can think of at the moment if i think of some more i'll post em.

Comment

advan oni

Comment

ya ive seen the onis before, not very nice in my opinion. those sa3rs sure lok like super advans, whats the difference ? and if thiers a nice large price difference wehre can i get me a set lol or sum nice used super advans

Comment

Get them powdercoated, it's much more durable. I had mine done at a local shop for $250

Comment

u got any before and after pics ?

Comment

Before

[B]After]/B]

The powdercoater also took all the texture off, so the wheels are nice and smooth

Comment

ahh damn thats nice looking, when ig ot my fd, the previous owner powder coated his balck so ive got sum stock black fd rims. thats cool, can you powder coat any rim ? hwo about the lip, can u get those black 2

any other 3 spokers ? im hopefull ybuying sum from all black, but id luv to find sum more, anyone know of any good websties with cheap jdm rims for sale ?

Comment

Powdercoating is when a coat of this powder is sprayed on the material. Then its placed in an oven and the powdercoat melts into the material. Its extremely durable

Comment

hey tuner, those look good I also had mine powdercoated (stock Panasport, watanabe style) i'll get some pics up of them they look awesome because underneath the silver paint is a polished rim so i had the lips left polished and the actual rim a high gloss black looks great, i never thought a stock rim could look so good.

Comment

Originally posted by JDM EUNOS
                          hey tuner, those look good I also had mine powdercoated (stock Panasport, watanabe style) i'll get some pics up of them they look awesome because underneath the silver paint is a polished rim so i had the lips left polished and the actual rim a high gloss black looks great, i never thought a stock rim could look so good.
                          thats exactly what i'm going to do when i get an extra set for autox. except i was going to go the cheap route and just mask off the rim to leave it silver and spray paint the spokes semi gloss black.

you're talking about these, right?

they aren't panasports or watanabes but i guess they look kinda similar. because i have panasport x-lites on the car right now like this:
                          http://www.panasport.com/fs14.html

Comment

yep those are the rims, they are awesome i'll get some pics up on moday when i get them back[IMG][/IMG]
                            Last edited by JDM EUNOS; 08-14-2004, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Good it would be nice to see what theyre gonna look like.

But could someone tell me how to strip old spray paint off alloy wheels? Cos Im buying some that are painted yellow (?) for cheap and im going to need to get that off but if i cant, ill just have to spray the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X