Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DomLee
    What horror stories are you talking about? Was the group buy a failure/scam or was it the product that failed? KSP Engineering makes some high quality stuff...so I don't expect it to fail...
    group buys that take a half a year more than expected and companies back ordered so long the s14 spindle conversion starts to look attractive.
    Last edited by my 1 88 u; 11-18-2004, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• To your opinion on page 15 about mr2s, what can you say about the car you said "sucked plain and simple" winning the Ultimate Street Compact Car 2004? Surely a car so horrible should not be able to win such a contest??

Comment

• Who, What, When, Where?

I find it funny that you took the time to sign up just to say that a mr2 won some kinda contest. This is why i hate mr2's, there owners are idiots.
        Last edited by AlexPfeiffer; 11-18-2004, 08:59 PM.
        BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
          Who, What, When, Where?

I find it funny that you took the time to sign up just to say that a mr2 won some kinda contest. This is why i hate mr2's, there owners are idiots.
          hahaha... At least you say it like its is man...

Comment

• The worse part about it is, i have to come home and see *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* like that after i spent most of my day making mr2 suspensions for a few friends.

This is just one of the arms for the set. The set comes with 4 lower control arms (that are length adjustable) and 2 tension rod (also adjustable) and 2 rear traction links (also adjustable) so you get a full package (less rear toe links). This eliminates all of the rubber bushings and replaces them with rod ends plus gives you way more suspension adjustment to give the car what it really needs.
            BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
              LOL, i love the internet!

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69771
              Hahahahah!!! That was funny...

Comment

• Its funny how you still continue to bash the car and its owners and then try to sell a product to them. Even if your product does help the mr2, you arent going to sell anything to them by bashing the car itself. Also you still havent answered my question? Look for the JAN issue of Sport Compact Car or you could look to this site: www.bedellracing.com. If you want to avoid my question and laugh fine. Otherwise you can at least be mature and try to back your statements up or try to give a mature response.

Comment

• This is funny because Alex just got done explaining his MR2 owner theory to me yesterday and then I come on here and have it proven right away

This is also why he probably won't bother selling these custom parts to MR2 owners, and is only making these for personal friends that can appreciate the hard work that goes into this... If you drop the attitude/ego for just a little you will see that the MR2 is not the end all be all of cars and though it may be a fun package for some, it is not the perfect car. Most MR2 owners cannot afford the quality parts Battle Version offers, and if they can, it is probably not there only car, but more of a toy/ fun car.

Those magazine tests are a joke, having been to 4 of them all hosted by Primedia owned magazines, I feel they are a fun way to change up the same old magazine shoot, but don't actually prove anything about any of the cars. By the way one of my cars came in second in the last test it was in and I was quicker in it than the "professional driver" down the 1/4 mile

Comment

• This is funny because Alex just got done explaining his MR2 owner theory to me yesterday and then I come on here and have it proven right away
                    What theory? When you insult an entire community on a public/international forum and then try to sell those same people you insulted parts there are going to be some unhappy responses.

Having an opinion about a car is one thing and so is having an opinion about a few people you've met. However, lumping an the entire MR2 community together is another thing.

Most MR2 owners cannot afford the quality parts Battle Version offers, and if they can, it is probably not there only car, but more of a toy/ fun car.
                    Battle Version parts are a bargain at the prices Most MR2 owners pay for parts and Most MR2 owners own multiple MR2s.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardude111
                      To your opinion on page 15 about mr2s, what can you say about the car you said "sucked plain and simple" winning the Ultimate Street Compact Car 2004? Surely a car so horrible should not be able to win such a contest??
                      Ha, this thread is always good for a laugh.

Unfortunately it's true, magazine tests like this are somewhat of a joke. You can run 0-60, braking, skidpad, and slalom runs all day long to compare cars but at the end of the day none of those tests say much about how a car actually behaves in a real-life situation or on a road course. Tests like that are devised so you have something to read and pretty pictures to look at while you're on the shitter...

That's not to say that the MR2 in question (which I haven't seen) isn't a fast car. If you throw enough money at any car, you can make it go fast.

Comment

• i wish alex was popular enough that his words lowered the value of MR2s that way i could snatch one up for dirt as a daily.

Comment

• I dont know what to say at this point.

Hmm, well if i offended the mr2 community, i'm sorry you took offence to what i said. The mr2's arent that bad, there are cars i dislike more.

I'm only human, everyone dislikes stuff, just cause its something you own you got your feelings hurt. If i was just some guy you met at a car show and i said that mr2's suck you would just think im an idiot. If you think im an idiot, thats fine with me. I dont loose sleep over it. Nor should you.

I made the suspension for the mr2 because my friends asked me to. They wanted to get some cool parts for there car, so i helped them out. Then my machinist made a mistake and made too much, so to help him out i'll see if i cant use up the extra parts he has sitting. I'm not going to get rich selling these mr2 parts so i dont really care if i make more or not. Its just a favor.

The thing that bothers me is when someone doesnt have experience with what they are talking about. And alot of mr2 owners dont understand what they have and how it works. I'm not trying to offend a whole car culture but im just telling it how i see it. There are good things and bad things on all cars, some have more good then bad, but when you have people who swear by how well there car is when they dont understand it, or know how it works, that looks bad to me. And in the mr2 community, you do have alot of those people claiming how well there cars work because its mid engine, so what, that just one part of the car, and almost all cars are mid engine now adays. As long as most of the motor weight is inbetween the front and rear wheels, its a mid engine. Now how the rest of it performs makes a difference, and there arent many mr2 owners that understand that part. The reason why the car is twitchy isnt because its mid engine, its cause of the suspension design.

Comment

• To your opinion on page 15 about mr2s, what can you say about the car you said "sucked plain and simple" winning the Ultimate Street Compact Car 2004? Surely a car so horrible should not be able to win such a contest??
                            The Ultimate Street Compact Car Contest is a joke IMO. It's just not my taste. I'd rather see tuned cars go for time attack. That's how real performance is put to the test.

MR2s are pretty cool. I like the styling. I just don't like how it handles at the limit.
                            Hubert Young
                            KORE 8 Films

Comment

• http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?...947#post668947

I posted something there... hehehe
                              Hubert Young
                              KORE 8 Films

Comment

Working...
                              X