Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
    Tsunami
    1, Yes it is true, its more that the rod is pushing in one direction and pulling in the other, also the angle change.
    2, From my experience I prefer the panhard over the watts link. You can tell a difference.
    Why do you prefer the pahnard over the watts link? Also, you say you can feel the difference between turning right and turning left. What exactly does the car do differently?

Comment

• suspension

Yo alex if i get your rear arms for my s13 will you hook it up with the alignment haha.. I'll tell jay to give you a Schikane shirt.. =Þ

Comment

• Originally posted by cardude111
        To your opinion on page 15 about mr2s, what can you say about the car you said "sucked plain and simple" winning the Ultimate Street Compact Car 2004? Surely a car so horrible should not be able to win such a contest??
        It got dead last on the road course. nuff sed

Comment

• I just looked at that post on the mr2 board and got a big laugh out of it. You have one guy, hubert, go to their board and they close the post. Yeah, i say there are a few butt hurt people!

my 1 88 u,
          You have a link to that thing? I never looked. I can use it for future flaming towards mr2's.

Stannyboy,
          I cant really "hook it up" since im not the shop owner, I need to rent the space from him. But i do need a new hooded sweater! My blue one has a few miles on it.

Tsunami,
          Its kinda hard for me to explain the feeling of it. I'm really stuck for words on this one.
          Its not so much what the car does different but the suspension geometry that is different. When you have a panhard, it will be at different angles to the body when turning left and right. That angle change will affect how the weight of the car is planted on the tires. The rear roll center is allways ether where the watts link is, or where the panhard crosses the center of the car. The panhard is connected on one side to the rear end, and the other to the body. This means that when you turn, the roll center changes as the rod moves up and down. Also, when the rod is angled, it can push down on a tire or down on the body, depending on its angle. It can also push the body or tire up depending on its angle.
          BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• O man, this one is even better, even more butt hurt people:
            http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69879

When i have some time, i will do a write up on my mr2 owner theory. And it does aply to most other core car groups out there too.

This is funny too, starting a web page just to say your car is capable of something... just adds to the mr2 syndrome:

http://www.jekylhyderacing.com/drift.htm
            Last edited by AlexPfeiffer; 11-20-2004, 01:05 AM.
            BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• copy/paste the thread cause I dont wanna register over there to see it.

The article is in the jan 05 issue of sport compact car. It's a total joke.

Comment

• Hey Badass, I just edited my profile for ya.

Comment

• Wow... Just because Alex Pfeiffer has an opinion on things, MR2 community decides to hate him...

I used to think nothing on MR2s and their owners... Now I do. Thank you MR2 owners for showing what kind of people you really are...

Comment

• alex if i ever get an MR2 daily can i buy the lower arms from you

if your at drift showoff tomorrow can i give you a hug?

Comment

• I am sure this represents the vast minority of MR2 owners....There are people like me, who are looking for a cheap, fairly reliable sports car that is unique. Thats what drew me to the AW11 (i didn't buy one, but almost did). I just think a lot of people think that out of the box, they are decent track cars.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer

This is funny too, starting a web page just to say your car is capable of something... just adds to the mr2 syndrome:

http://www.jekylhyderacing.com/drift.htm
                        isnt this the guy who rolled his mr2 while doing a hillclimb?

Comment

• Toycoma - nope that was a friend of his.

Craftsman - I do not see how you can make such a statement: "Wow... Just because Alex Pfeiffer has an opinion on things, MR2 community decides to hate him..." with out anything to back it up. If you had read the posts on the mr2 board you would have seen that people were curious to why someone would say "I hate mr2s and their owners" and then try to advertise and sell his parts. There were even some who gave praise to his products.

AlexPfeiffer - You can say what you like about the car, thats fine. I have never heard or seen people say mr2s are the god of all cars and are better then all cars out there, but maybe it is because I tend not to read about mr2 related material outside that message board. If you knew more about the community of mr2oc is that we do realize the weaknesses of the car and are constantly try to find ways to make things better with what we have to work with.

"They are some of the worse handling cars in the world. Any car that runs a strut style rear suspension does not work. "

You start to explain a bit, and I do get with what you are saying. So if you could please explain further on this, infact if you could on the mr2 board I'm sure you would enlighten many owners who dont know or who think otherwise. I'm sure you will find that most members will welcome such knowledge and insight from a professional!

To the rest - Yes, the USCC may not be the best way to determine things I just wanted to show that the mr2 is a capable car. When a vast majority of people go out and buy a car they do look at those silly 0-60numbers, 1/4 mile, braking distance, etc. Also a vast majority of people are not going to buy a car to run a road coarse or track, though some may do so for fun or minor competition. In my opinion they want something they can drive on the streets and have fun with. Some may dedicate the car to drag racing, autoX, or other types of racing. It is then when most people begin to get truely educated on the car and its capabilities. Though there are always some owners who think, what we mr2 owners appear to be stereotyped as "Drivers of the closest thing to an F1 car on the street.", and can take on anything since we are designed the best. These owners, like many in other car communities, often have to learn the hardway and its a shame that their actions/words bring down and misrepresent an entire community.

Comment

• Hey Alex, Just got a 96 240sx and I was wonder what good set of coilovers for drifting that is under $1500.

Comment

• get Section Silkroad in 9/7 springs rates

Comment

• lol Alex - Has/How have your thoughts changed of the majority as a whole of the drifting fans/community after registering and posting at Drifting.com?

Comment

Working...
                                X