No announcement yet.

Ask ALEX PFEIFFER Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks guys for the compliments. That vette is a beast.
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Are you hiding something from us?

Comment

• Think your looking at pictures of long beach before I was driving the car.
        BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

• Ive been wondering? Do you and the other pro. Formula D drivers make any money when you win or lose?

Comment

• Right now I dont currently make anything for driving in FD. Some of the other drivers are getting payed by their sponsors to be in FD. I never asked what they are making so I dont really know. FD does pay out for the winners and that money usually goes to the drivers but its still something that you have to work out with your sponsor as to how much the driver recives.

Comment

• so what are your plans for the off-season with the soarer?

Comment

• I had to move all my stuff into my garage since G-dimensions moved to a smaller place. The car is in my garage as well and I dont have a trailer anymore to barrow. For now I'm just redoing all the stickers and get the car shot for some mags. We will see after that. With no way of getting it around and not making much money right now, not sure if I can afford to take it out all that much.

Comment

• I sent you a PM about the trailer.

Comment

• So I havent updated my post in a long time, Let me catch everyone back up. Did the final round of FD at Irwindale with the vette but brought the lexy and the guys at BC where nice enough to have it in thier booth. WIth the vette, we did good, made top 16, people where saying its the best they have seen the vette run yet. Most of the compliments on the lexy where just how clean it was. Then again I didnt have a chance to really drive it at that point.

G-dimensions, the shop in which I've been working with and built the car at, well they havent been making enough money laitly so they needed to move to a smaller shop. So right after FD irwindale, I had to move all my equipment and the lexy home. I live in a town house with a 2 car garage. You cant even walk in the door now its got so much stuff in it. So I havent been able to do any work really ether.

But I was able to finally make the rear sub frame spacers and have a few sets that I need to tests. I'm hoping that they will also fit the mkiv's, if someone has a rear subframe laying around socal, I'd love to test fit it.

At FD irwindale, I also had a chance to talk to the nitto guys (they sponsor tires for the vette) and was able to convince them to also help out with the lexy. That was huge for me, tires were the last thing I needed to take the lexy out. I also had a chance to talk with Import Tuner and they wanted to shoot the car. Picked up some NT 05's from nitto and stuck them on the car. I really like those tires and if you look them up, they are very well priced so if your looking for some grippy street tires, dont hessitate to give them a shot.

Every year FD has a Pro Am event which is the licenceing event for new drivers and those who didnt have enough points durring the year to keep thier licences. This year they did it at irwindale and it was this past weekend. FD was nice enough to let me bring the car out on friday for the test day and use the infield before practice to shoot the car (thanks Andy, Jim, Ryan!). Then I got to take it out for a few laps durring practice. We were in a real rush to get the decals done, thanks to Naoki at Drift Day for cutting out the vinyl, and Bill Diggs for the roof logo and FD logos. Also Greg for volunteering his time to be an extra set of hands.

Remember this is the first time I had a chance to really drive the car. By the time we finished the shoot, everyone was already practicing. Got suited up and got in line. First lap out and drifted the full coarse. We havent had a chance to stick the car back on the dyno since everything had to move at the shop, but even with the 630hp or so that its making right now at 20 something boost, it was more then enough. After a few laps, she was nice and high around the bank and down low against the bottom wall.

I havent been so happy in a long time. The lexy ran great, didnt have any problems, and she just wanted more. Everyone was complimenting the build and how well the car looked and did. Being able to finally drive this car was trully sick. Unfortunatly I have been sick since then and have been in bed with the flu since sat. I cant wait to take the car back out again. You can see some pics from this weekend at http://www.driftfotos.com/.

Comment

• Saw pics of the car Alex and it looks great! Nicely done Buddy...
                      Get well soon.... And don't cough on anybody!

Comment

• Heh, I think it's the regular type of flu DV19.

Anyway, I can honestly say that the SC truly shows how well Alex can build AND drive cars. I actually expected some type of issue considering it was completely new, but nothing broke or malfunctioned (although, I think it could use a slightly bigger battery). I can hardly wait until next season.

Comment

• Great seeing you/chatting at FD Pro Am Alex ~ car looks great, and sounds like it's making good power and driving nice... and 'grats on Top 16 in the Vette! Next season should be even better.

Hollar when you want to clean up that wiring

Jeff - JordanInnovations.com

Comment

• Hey Alex, my friend has a 87 supra with about 450hp and he wants to know if a twin clutch is good for drifting? or is there another clutch recomended for the 7MGE?

Comment

• He should be fine with a single disk setup for 450hp. Some twin disks are too agressive for drift, when you clutch kick, sometimes they tend to break trans or diffs or axles. Guess it really depends on what brand and how strong it is.

Comment

• That was the doubt he had about the twin disc that it would do more bad than good! Is it safer to buy a clutch that holds more than 450?

This is the beast BTW

Comment

Working...
                                X