No announcement yet.

wtf happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont agree with that 18 year old thing at all seeing as how i kno as much if not more than alotta people in here twice my age and im only 17, will be turning 18 eventually and ive contributed to this forum alot, over 330 posts, and from the beggining to the end. age aint nothin but a number and ive been exposed to drifting for quite some time, i went to japan one summer to visit my uncle and saw drifting for the first time when i was about 13 years old. so dont come at the whole age thing cuz that sh!t aint right

sorry i had to vent i hate when people hate on us youth just cuz they think that the teenagers are immature and know nothing and are posers and all that nonsense. if this was the case than you guys would have to keep out guys like ken gushi that if i recollect is also 17 abuout to be 18.

Comment

I think being young does bring immaturity along with it... You can argue against us all you want, but wait until you're 20 something. you don't want to hear *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* from a teenager... Why? because they're immature and don't know what they're rebelling about...

Getting back on topic, it's not maturity. It's the maturity of the veterans that is the issue I believe. Alot of flaming has been going on recently and it burned out alot of the guys. I believe constructive criticism and open mindedness is in order... Alot of the guys here think that they're badass and insult other people. I think a better solution would be to state why you disagree and end it there.

Anyways, hopefully the atmosphere of this forum changes soon.

Matt.

Ryan Hampton for President. '16. Matt as running mate...

Comment

I'm not going against young people in general. I actually don't care really. I just brought it up cause I remember something about being at least a certain age when registering on this forum. Other than that, yes I agree age doesn't necessarily go hand-in-hand with maturity. There are some young people that know a ton of stuff about cars and drifting. That's fine. Still, I remeber being young and oh so very stupid, and I reguard myself as being quite mature for my age, more than most around me. However, a lack of understanding and a lack of reguard for others that I had back then scares me now. It took me several years to realize just how crazy and stupid I was when I was young...even for a mature and intelligent young person. As far as this thread is concerned, I don't feel the above is of any importance really.

I think you brought up a good point about the older gentlemen on this forum. I too find some to be a little more...um...full of themselfs or stuck up than they should be. The flaming should stop really, but I think that would happen about as soon and new people stop asking if an ae86 is a good drift car.

Comment

So is the AE86 a good drift car?

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by Nissan_Racer
            even though i only have like 40 posts i have been here for over a year, and before i joined i read and what not, so any of you who have been here for a short time cant talk nothing about me unless i say something that contradicts what i have said.
            U contradicted yourself. Your the one that is wasting bandwith calling everyone that has joined after you nubs. I have to agree there are some asshats in this forum that are just killing it but when you start stating the obvious and the posting about it all your doing is making people aggravated. I think its time you cut your losses and forget about the nubs. If someone posts something stupid, just tell them in a kind matter, dont make a thread and start ranting about it. sigh.....

PS: Bluedragon, you do contribute alot, you never post stupid things so keep it up!!

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
              PS: Bluedragon, you do contribute alot, you never post stupid things so keep it up!!
              yesss finally someone understands me. 1 fan yesss. nismo you are my best friend, and when this onevia is done ill drive to your house everyday and we are gonna chill and you beter like it or else ahah nah but seriously if you look at all of my posts show me where i talked bad or flamed anyone i always try to defend people on this forum, i do think that alot of the older people who should be setting the examples and instead they are flaming people becaues of course they are all better than kechi tsuchiya.

being young does bring about some immaturity but what do you expect, but being 20 isnt all that old people, i dont understand how you suddenly hit 20 and your automaticly mature ?

thiers a lotta cool peopel on this forum and alotta fakers and peopel that are fronting and its horrable, we need to change that somehow. stop flaming especially if you have no idea about drifting or what comes wiht it please.

anyways its past my bedtime good night all

Comment

Re: wtf happened

Report bad posts or threads and they will be removed.

From the Moderators,

REPORT all FOOLISH COMMENTS, PRANKS, and PERSONAL ATTACKS by using the “Report this post to a moderator” LINK that is located near the BOTTOM-RIGHT corner of EVERY post.

Reporting Posts is EFFECTIVE because the reports are checked VERY FREQUENTLY!

If you are sick of the NONSENSE on this forum then
                USE this feature!

Comment

can we have more moved threads threads in the general chat area please....it's only half way filled with moved titles, i want the whole page to be all moved threads.

Comment

And in the blue corner, weighing in at 211lbs and fighting for the noobs/drifting.com at the same time is: Nate Chaffin.

Folks, i understand your dilemma. I used to post on *gag* buddypic.

i know what it's like to deal with noobs. With over 6500posts under my belt, i realize your concerns.

However, i think this whole "wtf" movement is a little immature in that you guys aren't really watching your anger. I don't want to go against the flow, but to be honest, i'm more tired of reading "USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!" than i am "my ae86 supra doesn't go, is my engine blown?". Next time you hear something stupid just tell em "hey look, it could be blown, if you want help you can pm me, but from now on, make sure and search first so as not to flood the forums with double posts"

Part of the maturity that you guys apparently have is held in mercy. These kids don't know, so go easy on them. There is no reason to smite them with a search bar until they bleed into understanding. Just be easy with them, and they will learn. Otherwise, you'll probably just scare them away, and as far as i'm concerned, i want people to be able to know about and enjoy drifting, so, that's the last thing i want to do.

I am sure i'm wrong, and that i'll get ripped a new one for this. But, i still say that you guys, you "veterans" have alot to do with the way the noobs act. Help them learn and you'll have more veterans on your hands.

Comment

Working...
                    X