X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My RC drifter..

Hope to get it signed saturday..

I'm waiting on some deepdish rims!

sweet...i have a tamiya tt-01 chassis with an nsx body...its awesome but i heard there arent as many parts for it as hpi...i wanted it to go faster..and i live onbase so we dont have any pvc

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
      sweet...i have a tamiya tt-01 chassis with an nsx body...its awesome but i heard there arent as many parts for it as hpi...i wanted it to go faster..and i live onbase so we dont have any pvc
      Vinyl electric tape works much better. If you like the pvc style and have no access to it, you can order yokomo drift tires through an online distributor. Just run a search for yokomo drift tire, otherwise, refer to WWW.RCDRIFT.COM for more info.

Comment

WHoa nice! What chassis is that under there?

Comment

A completely hopped up pro 3. How are you liking your pro 4? Have you run into any problems with any design flaws? I'm picking one up for 'at-cost' price. A friend of my girlfriend works for HPI in foothill ranch. Just wanted to know what to expect. Thanks for the compliments..

I just noticed that you're from fullerton. I'm also in Fullerton! Maybe we could have an RC drift session for shits and giggles. The other guys I mess with live in San Diego.

Comment

I dont have the Pro 4 yet Plan on getting it next week or the week after. I do know that the out-of-the-box setup works great on any track. It turns really nicely as well. Hey do you by chance race at Charlie Barnes' O.C. Circuit races at la Mirada park? I'm trying to get a Drift class going(Yokomo drift tires and a stock or 19t motor). Interested ?

Comment

wow nice rc car how much does one go for? i was thinking of maby geting somthing along those lines, but i dont whant a crazy expensive one

Comment

I haven't been out to the la mirada races yet. But I goofed around at So Cal raceway plenty of times. I'm interested in an organized rc drift event. That woud be interesting. I got my yokomo tires yesterday and prefer the way tape handles alot better. Plastic is way too slow motion for me. Yokomo recommends a 35 turn motor with the drifting tires. 19 turn isn't really necessary. The guys at speedway pal (japan's rc drift track) run 27turn 'monster stock pro' motors. That's pretty much what I run. Another good motor is the trinity p2k pro. Give me a heads up about any sessions coming up.

zdss: If you're very strapped for cash, RTR (ready to run) kits are available. These include hpi sprint rtr, associated tc3 rtr, ect. These range anywhere from 190-230 bucks (USD). All you need is batteries for the reciever.

Comment

Wow thanks for the info... i was hoping the tires would be better than tape. I'll still try them out though. What size rims do they require 24 or 26mm? I guess i'll run my P2K pro with the tires then. Oh BTW... what kind of tape do you use?? I've been running a strip of strapping tape and im not liking it hehe.

Comment

zdss14- Might i also suggest the HPI Dash. It's an entry-level 2wd touring car. Comes RTR for about $100. However if you want to do some occasional racing... general ganga is right on with the TC3. Very fast car with part easily accesible... also most of the racers at your local track may be running one so you could always ask them for set-up tips.

Comment

Yea the Hpi makes aweomse stuff, i bought a micro rs4 and the the AE86 body for it a month ago and its too much fun, especially when batteries last ~40 minutes! I was thinkin of sellin it or tradin it for a 1/10 scale again, somethin i can drive in my street, haha. (email if intrested)

Comment

i have a 1/10 tt-01...i put duct tape on...i found some pvc at the jap construction site!!! but...i dont have an electric drill....how do u guys do it? i have this 5 speed rotor powered drill and its fast as hell and cuts it through but...im not good with it...heres my NSX
                        Attached Files

Comment

and 2
                          Attached Files

Comment

You can cut the pipes with a dremel or a grinder. ALso, a drop saw would be convenient. It should fit snug onto any 26mm rims. Use shoe glue to assure bonding between the wheel and the pipe.

Nice car by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by HPIpro4DRiFTER
                              Wow thanks for the info... i was hoping the tires would be better than tape. I'll still try them out though. What size rims do they require 24 or 26mm? I guess i'll run my P2K pro with the tires then. Oh BTW... what kind of tape do you use?? I've been running a strip of strapping tape and im not liking it hehe.
                              I use ordinary electric tape. The thicker, the butter or uh...better. 99cent store rocks

Comment

Working...
                              X