Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driftbenz99
    replied
    I'm currently building a 99 clk430 to drift at the track and so far I've had nothing but fun with it

Leave a comment:

• Piner
    replied
    Well the C-class was offered with a 6spd manual for the V6 models till like last year, the AMG's aren't because benz doesn't care about building a Trans strong enough for it.

I've driven quite a few of them (I was a Dealer Tech) and they handle really good for what they are. All you'd need is an LSD and some coilovers. The V6's make plenty of power.

Leave a comment:

• Cavi Mike
    replied
    ^That's unbelievably comical. Here's what I imagine went down at Mercedes:

Ve must attract youth. Ve vill build super-fast car! It vill veigh 5,000lbs and have automatic! They vill buy!

Well, at least they didn't make it FWD like Cadillac did so they still have their foot in the door. THAT'S where Cadillac went wrong. It's where every car manufacturer went wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Piner
    replied
    ^ Actually the C class makes the most sense, its their most afordable car sold in the US. They are trying to attract a younger audience to the brand and their entry level car makes the most sense. I used to work for mercedes and we would sit through online classes about their efforts to try to attract younger buyers so what happened to Cadillac in the late 90's where all their customer base died.

Leave a comment:

• Slapshotnerd
    replied
    Drifting an S-class Mercedes - I get it.
    Drifting an AMG series - I get it.

Drifting a C-class? .... don't get it.

Drifting a chopped-up Maybach - Only if you're Kanye West and Jay Z

Leave a comment:

• MonkeySlide
    replied
    Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
    I really dig the way the camera 'flies' thru the car, but I don't understand why you'd portray a C-class drifting. Seems like the wrong crowd.

Oh well, good for Rhys.
    Mercedes has had a flirtatious relationship with drifting for a long time. They would probably never back/sponsor a professional team but they love using it to promote their stuff.

A while back they even released a web app/mobile game where the object was to drift what I believe was an SL class around a snowy course.

Leave a comment:

• Slapshotnerd
    replied
    I really dig the way the camera 'flies' thru the car, but I don't understand why you'd portray a C-class drifting. Seems like the wrong crowd.

Oh well, good for Rhys.

Leave a comment:

• Bebop
    replied
    Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
    Kind of a let down.
    Not in Rhys' pocket book

Leave a comment:

• Cavi Mike
    replied
    I thought this was gonna be a preview of him actually running one of these. Kind of a let down.

Leave a comment:

• INFO
    started a topic RHYS MILLEN - Mercedes-Benz C-Class Video

RHYS MILLEN - Mercedes-Benz C-Class Video

RHYS MILLEN - Mercedes-Benz C-Class Video

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qeSnUzHNTA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Working...
X