Yo check out HPI's s15 drift Spec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _PG_
    ... how low it should be (as row a possibre) etc...
    lol PG, that made my day... i got another question, so was kazama rigged to win the feb D1? i mean this guy, to the best of my knowledge, wasnt even in the top 10 Japanese drivers last year. So was Imamura also rigged to win overall? just FYI, im not trying to attack you, but you know an AWEFUL lot, so i jsut wanted ur input. ive also seen u drive before, i was the guy u flamed for not having pics of ur car from DD17... remember?

edit: PS: u think tsuchyia edits the vids and decides what is shown in them?
    Last edited by yarzan; 10-05-2004, 11:26 AM.

Comment

yea".. AMAZing wif only 150hp....

but is a hell of a hot looking 86
      Attached Files

Comment

I know some of the guys from HPI. In fact,..this thread reminds me. I haven't talked to them in awhile.

Here are some pics and specs of the HPI car.

Small Gallery
        http://www.hpi.co.jp/hpid1s15gal.html

S15 car specs
        http://www.hpi.co.jp/hpis15profile.html

The initial plan for the HPI S15
        http://www.studio-mix.net/carmake-design.htm

See the S15 in the upper left. Yes, the current black HPI S15 was formerly blue.
        http://www.studio-mix.net/carmake-design1.htm
        http://www.studio-mix.net/racingteam-hpi.htm

Regarding any favoritism, rigging, or drama involving the judging...the truth is out there.

Comment

PG you rule!!!

J-rod from SD says hello!!!

Come to SD anytime!

Comment

Is D1 absolutely rigged? Well... i dunno I have my thoughts. In my personal opinion, D1GP events are held, Keiichi (Orido doesn't have faorites that much, but he can't argue with keiichi... ya know that whole respect thing) has his favorites for the day. Honestly right now Miki, Kazama, and Nomuken seem to be his favorites. Of course it changes, since he wants variety and excitement in D1. Ok, so he has these favorites and he is very lenient towards them when it comes to judging. Like... 100pts or 99 pts when the run usually was a90 or 85 or something.... SO its not like these guys suck, its just.... rule bending. But if he sets the rules, i guess he can bend them...

For instance, at Ebisu, there was a part where Keiichi says "Normally the line here would be out on the first corner, then in for corner 2, but it seems like he (i think it was Kazama or Nomuken) has changed it for today, clipping corner 1 as well."
            I was like WTF.... which line is it? At D1DS you said the most important thing was "line" and you claimed everyone's line was off. But watching the PRO's drive that course, they were doing the same thing... what you told us not to do. WTF.

Ok, so its like... well, does line even matter? Yes, but why bend the rules half way through because one of your favorite guys is taking a new line... i dunno, seems weird. Its like they are rationalizing advancing certain people by saying certain things so that MOST people watching would be like "Oh? Ok, thats cool, he's so good he chooses line's keiichi didn't." Or something. I dunno its fricken weird.

You should have seen his face when Kazama (driving Keiichi's company car) broke down at Ebisu. HE WAS PISSED! He didn't say a word, just kept looking at his scoresheet.

Anyways from the get-go they were all over Miki, like "Miki is the driver to beat today, he will win for sure if he just drives with no major mistakes." WTF??!? How can you say this BEFORE a race?

A lot of the judging scores are influenced by D1GP sponsors i think. Its a big money-making machine, so if Keiichi is personal friends with a team owner (he is with a lot of them) then of course he wants to stay friends with them.

So basically i see it coming down to this: As long as the favorite drivers don't screw up too badly, they will do well. A privateer or "lesser" driver has to Stand out like 120% so that there is no way around advancing them. Someimes if the runs are equal, they will give it to the works driver because more people want to see those guys, and more money for the sponsors, means more money to go into D1 potentially. So you have to BUST YOUR A.SS to stand out so there is without a doubt no way anyone would belive any rationale behind you not making it. Thats what the DRopout guy did. Until the very last sudden death where they ignored all the times the little hachi out drove Nomuken and gave it to Ken cause he had to make "less corrections". You could kinda tell that Orido was like "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. You want me to say who won??? Ok, sir drift king." Keiichi was like "Ready to announce the winner? Have we decided?" And Orido was just like "Uhh.." And motioned his hand towards Keiichi.

Oh well, too bad. Everyone who drifts knows that guy kicked some *Censored**Censored**Censored*..

This is the whole reason why a lot of my friends just drive BM (Battle Mag) and Advan competitions in Japan. If you watch, a lot of times D1 drivers compete, also a lot of drivers no one will ever hear of do SO well. These events are judged by drivers/experienced drifters, etc... usually from D1 so its not like 1 guy decides all the time. Also, when you go to these events you place yourself. ANYONE has a shot at driving in the Expert class, although my friends tell me you basically need 350 hp in an S chassis to compete with those cars. He drives an S14, so he basically said his S14 with at the time around 300ish hp... and a cracked exhaust manifold... was not enough power for Ebisu and Expert level drivers. Not that its impossible, if you are good enough, but to the average guy, to be competitive... 350hp.

DrunkCarlos (Jim) on the boards with the Soarer, got top 16 at that event! Hot!

And LAPD...Brian told me who you are.... WTF, that doesn't sound like something you would say at all... i think if you re-read your comment, you will see how it sounds really newbie-ish and uninformed. If you mean Koguchi has be SPONSORED by HPI (as in they give him free intercoolers) yeah, i can see that. He has had sponsors for a while, but they never fix his car when he crashes or tunes it for him, etc... So he was still a privateer.

BTW, you will know what i'm talking about with the "leniency" in the judging. Cause we all know Tanaka should have definitely won D1 in Feb.

Last year, Keichii was all about Team Orange. Whats up? He seems to be... Meh... this year. Guess it just changes. Asamoto is still one of my favorite dudes... ever since Hariguchi said "F the D1."
            Last edited by _PG_; 10-05-2004, 01:48 PM.

Comment

nice *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* lindsay... and i know a lot of dirty bastars in here that try to impress all the people....but you dont....that trueno wass off the hizzy and yeah D1 is very comercial , i like and all that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* but some times,yeah looks kinda fake.....

and yo LAPD shut the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* up...you dont know *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*...i think you read it on import tunner or something like that....pfffff

Comment

Originally posted by twcfc3s
                nice *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* lindsay... and i know a lot of dirty bastars in here that try to impress all the people....but you dont....that trueno wass off the hizzy and yeah D1 is very comercial , i like and all that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* but some times,yeah looks kinda fake.....

and yo LAPD shut the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* up...you dont know *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*...i think you read it on import tunner or something like that....pfffff
                Dont turn this into a flame war, you guys dont know LAPD or else you'd know Koguchi DRIVES FOR HIM. I'm not gonna sit here and join this argument, since it all spawned from a misunderstanding of sorts, but to all the newcomers: dont open your yap if you dont know what you're talking about (directed towards: twcfc3s who's posted such useful information on this site in the past ) I dont even think they get import tuner in Tochigi ya fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon X
                  Dont turn this into a flame war, you guys dont know LAPD or else you'd know Koguchi DRIVES FOR HIM. I'm not gonna sit here and join this argument, since it all spawned from a misunderstanding of sorts, but to all the newcomers: dont open your yap if you dont know what you're talking about (directed towards: twcfc3s who's posted such useful information on this site in the past ) I dont even think they get import tuner in Tochigi ya fool.
                  Word... misunderstanding... I remember who he is now, in fact I have talked with him in person at Feb. D1. When Brian told me who it was, it didn't make sense for him to post what he did, so i guess i read it wrong, or he said it wrong, or something like that. No worries.

Comment

sorry mates...i was kinda pissed off dont know why.. im having troubles this days... sorry bout what i wrote...

Comment

hey i have an idea... why we do some new threads talking about new stuff, the threads are almost the same we need to give drifting.com a new breath... tell me wht you think( yes, you can call me stupid. )...

post what you think bout what i said....

Comment

so no one cares about new things to talk about???

Comment

Working...
                        X