New Member.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member.

Seeing as this is my first post I figured I would use it to introduce myself.

My name is Johnny West and I'm 23 years old.I reside in Stockbridge, GA, a town just south of Atlanta. I own and operate my own Automotive Repair business called West Auto. I have worked on cars for as longed as I can remember. My dad brought me up teaching my everything he could about cars. While I've learned a lot about cars and how to fix them I have developed a need to customize them and make them go fast. While I may not know much, I make up for it with hard work and dedication.

In my battle for knowledge I figured a good avenue for learning would be to build a race car. I've looked at all the possible forms of racing and have decided to build a car towards one of those forms, Drifting. While many may say I'm just jumping on the bandwagon I see it as an experience that will warrant knowledge and lots of fun.

The car in question is a car almost everyone knows about. It is by far the most popular car used in Drifting today and it's easy to see why. It's an 89 Nissan 240sx hatchback. I chose this car because it's a perfect starting car for me to build and it's cost effective. So far I have swaped an S14 SR20DET w/ an S15 T28 pushing around 18lbs. I've also brought the suspension components to stock specification and will be leaving it there until I get better and feel the need for more. It also has a J30 rear end so it slides rather nicely.

My goal for next year is to be able to compete in the Nopi Drift Finals at the Nopi Nationals. So I'll be attending every event I can to get better and will continue working on the S13 until I am satisfied with how it handles and performs. So, if you see me at the next Drift event, be sure to stop by and say hello!
Working...
X