Cars to drift in??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars to drift in??

Hey all I'm new to this site, but love drifting. I'm looking to purchase a ride, something to start out in. I am looking heavily at purchasing a 240SX; however I was wondering about the 300SX, how come this car isn't used to drift: plenty of aftermarket products, FR setting, turbo options...what am I not seeing here??

Any other recommendations for rides would be appreciated.

Thank you

Vincent

look, i know its not hip or the cool thing to do, but you should get a mustang or a camaro.

good amt of HP, gobs of torque, plenty of suspension upgrades for the mustang at least, and best of all, LOTS of them in junkyards for spare parts.

the only reason you dont see cars like this in option videos is that they never got them in japan (obvious enough), but if they did you can bet your sweetass theyd be all over videos of touge runs and drift competitions. they never got cheap V8s, but we did. they drift their domestics, and we should drift ours.

plus if you break something, and you will if you are doing more than just talking about drifting, you go pick a new one up, no big deal... think about it, youll never wait for expensive parts from across the country, and you cut your own path and become known as the kid that had the logic to look for a drift car in his backyard.

Comment

essphorteen, you make a lot of valid points there. Something esle to consider. Thanks for the input.

Comment

i got this guy on my msn he lives in Osaka i knew him for like 2 years now and he just got a kyline R-34, and he said people over there who are into cars are into saleens stangs n cobras.

Comment

Re: Cars to drift in??

Originally posted by chaserf3
          Hey all I'm new to this site, but love drifting. I'm looking to purchase a ride, something to start out in. I am looking heavily at purchasing a 240SX; however I was wondering about the 300SX, how come this car isn't used to drift: plenty of aftermarket products, FR setting, turbo options...what am I not seeing here??

Any other recommendations for rides would be appreciated.

Thank you

Vincent
          They were never popular drift cars because of there expense, weight, and frankly they are very wide and very short, lots of grip, hard to get it out.

That doesnt mean its not drift able, Just one reason they arent used very often.

240sx obviously popular for a number of reasons, Mustang and Camaro are both interesting ideas, a few guys on here drift Camaros already.

Theres alot of other cars out there two. recently there was a post about the M30 and Toyota Cressida not everyones cup of tea, but interesting cars none the less.

Of course Sevens, Miatas, basicly any light RWD cars can drift well. The better the suspension stock and the more aftermarket support the better.

Comment

Yea man you a little off on the Mustang thing in Japan. There's plenty of em. As for sliding a Mustang, sure why not. Give it a try.
            People don't slide the 300 due to so many other cars being cheaper, more plentiful and easier to find. I wouldn't waste your money on one. You are just going to crack it up. Get yourself a good 240 or Corolla and go out there. Who knows, you may not like Drifting after getting really into it. It's an unforgiving sport. You will wreck, you will spend money on tires and you will get in trouble more than likely. So think long and hard about what you want to slide. The cops will spot that shiney 300zx and even more so should you flat black it or something like that. They will also notice that nice Mustang alot more than a corolla.

Get yourself an old Cressida. Something that flys below the radar of your normal Gestapo agent. Don't sticker it up and stay lo pro.

Comment

plus a cressida could be sold to your grandma if you find out you dont like drifting...

sorry just had to say something along those lines, but seriously there cool cars.

Comment

Thanks about the info on the 300. I didn't think about how wide it is, that makes sense.

What's a Cressida in the states called?

Vincent

Comment

It is called the cressida in the states, heres a recent thread on the car.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=1

Comment

aren't there like 10 other threads asking the same exact thing?? use the search option before starting a thread like this...

Comment

This thread continued because of his questions about the 300zx.

Comment

300zx drifting
                        well from what I've learnt 300zx have pretty crapy stock suspension so like any other drift car your going to have to changer that with a good set. Plus 300zxs weight quite a bit and any good drifter knows less weight is key. it all depends on how far you willing to go. Do you want a totaly stripped car or are you jsut looking for a good car thats cheap to drift prep. with 240sx like me and my friend own. He striped his rear end and put some tein coilovers on and now he drifts pretty good. Me all i;ve done is slapped soem coil over son and my car can "drift" of course I'ms till learning. Of course we will never drift great with stock motors but were in the process of changeing that he's takeing the turbo Ka aprroach and i'm conforming witht he sr20det lol. so if your serious theres plenty you can do but if you don't wana spen alot of money go buy yourself a cheap corrolla or 240sx and you will be "drifting" in no time

Comment

Originally posted by ACDTrueno
                          aren't there like 10 other threads asking the same exact thing?? use the search option before starting a thread like this...
                          hahaha I knew it was coming but you if you or anyone is thinking about camaro/firebird the third gens are the cheapest and theirs only one site that has everything you need to know
                          TGO

Comment

Working...
                          X