Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HX-50
    replied
    Shoul also mention that certian 240's equipped with HICAS (don't ask me what that stands for hydroulic something or othere) and the FC both have rear wheel steering, meaning that when you corner hard the rear wheels will turn as well, helping to keep your car gripped to the road, makes drifting a bit more difficult, but i do ok in my fc, i reccomend to anyone getting a fc to pay the extra at the get go for one with the 5 lug breaks, it comes with a Limited Slip, whereas the 4 lugs don't and also has 4 piston breaks as opposed to single piston, trust me, as one who is going through the conversion at this time, it's a lot easier to just buy one with the 5 lug breaks in it. also one more tidbit, 86-88 fc's have clutch type lsd but less power and 89 and up have viscous lsd, clutch type lsd is better for drifting in a lot of people's opinion but any style will help you out

Leave a comment:

• Tuner
    replied
    Originally posted by conandd
    newbie question:

without LSD u still can drift but with less power at the exit ?

Im planning on a 1.8L miata ..but hardly find one with LSD..

newbie question #2:

solid axle ? IRS? what does IRS stand for ? (I can only think of Internal Revenue Service )

one more:

what year of celica re u talking about?
    4wd ?

Most 1.8 Miatas, 94-03 have Torsens.

Leave a comment:

• prodigy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ichi-Go
    Miatas are sweet for drifting. Turbo that beast and you have a crazy street machine. If I didnt want a hardtop so back I could sport a miata. (hardtop miatas are retarded looking, personal preference)
    There was this turbo Miata at our first practice day in Michigan, that thing kicked. It had huge offset Watanabes and and those fiberglass fender flares. It was so bad, I loved it.

Leave a comment:

• Ichi-Go
    replied
    Miatas are sweet for drifting. Turbo that beast and you have a crazy street machine. If I didnt want a hardtop so back I could sport a miata. (hardtop miatas are retarded looking, personal preference)

Leave a comment:

• RotaDrift
    replied
    don't forget the 1st gen rx-7's there light wieght, dirt cheap (200 for mine with a bad clutch), low hp but quick cuz there light, redline starts at 7 grand

Leave a comment:

• Ziptyed
    replied
    hey thanks nissanguy thats a really good point. I'll just leave it auto for a while.(plus I have no money)lol.

Leave a comment:

• prodigy
    replied
    Originally posted by sdtouge
    i thought the awd celicas were turbo
    The GT-4s are turbo. So yes.

Leave a comment:

• nissanguy_24
    replied
    Work with braking drift. I was pretty skilled at those with my auto DOHC S13... and rock on! auto teaches you weight transfer techniques i feel alot of guys skip when learning with manuals... Going straight to the clutching techniques.

Leave a comment:

• Ziptyed
    replied
    don't hate on auto SOHC 240's, that's what I just got. It won't stay like that for long though. I plan on swappin a CA18DET in it and changing it to a 5spd. But first I'll practice power overs, and inertia drifts. (preferably in the rain)

Leave a comment:

• sdtouge
    replied
    i thought the awd celicas were turbo

Leave a comment:

• Vinsanity
    replied
    Originally posted by conandd
    newbie question:

newbie question #2:

solid axle ? IRS? what does IRS stand for ? (I can only think of Internal Revenue Service )

one more:

4wd ?
    1. yes. w/o LSD, your wheels won't be spinning as fast as you drift, thus you won't be going around the corner with as much speed.

2. IRS = independent rear suspension. IRS is better for grip driving, and (iirc) easier to control. but it's easier to get the rear to step out with a solid axle setup.

3. 3rd gen. Celica = 1982-1985
    these were the last RWD models. the 4WD models were 1986-1993 but they're rare, and AWD drifts are hard to pull off, especially for us n00bs

anyone who knows more...PLEASE feel free to contribute

Leave a comment:

• sdtouge
    replied
    i think the awd celicas are 88 0r 87 i think they arwe turbo also

Leave a comment:

• conandd
    replied
    newbie question:

Im planning on a 1.8L miata ..but hardly find one with LSD..

newbie question #2:

one more:

4wd ?

Leave a comment:

• blargonator
    replied
    you forgot celicas and MR2s

Leave a comment:

• sdtouge
    replied
    there seems to be a lot of 240's for sale but a lot seem to be automatic or sohc, i really want the 16 valve dohc instaed of the 8 or 12 valve sohc
    one day

Leave a comment:

Working...
X