No announcement yet.

Seam welding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to put a damper on everyone's dreams, but when you are seam welding a car, you must have to realize that extensive welding like on the Apex car is for a RACE only car. A street car needs to flex and give a little for everyday use. If a car is completely rigid from being welded together, the metal will start to crack. The chassis will be so stiff, it will be like driving a rock, and where there are weak points, the metal will crack. A good roll cage will be plenty fine for a street/race car, and maybe just welding the rear and front strut mounts.

Comment

I think I discused that

Comment

Wow! Great source of information driftxtreem. This will prove handy for my buddies S13 project

Thanks
        Kendrick

Comment

great post!

Someone should produce a in-depth and step-by-step tutorial with pictures. i am sure many of us would gladly pay for it. i know i would

Comment

I will be doing my 180 in Feb maybe I will make a cd how to.

Comment

That would be nice.

Comment

Yes Good Post!

I have often talked about seem welding the cars uni body construction..Till i strip out my GTUs it will be on hold but this was a very informative post..

Comment

this thread is just awsome! i learned alot from reading the posts.
                  make this a sticky!

Comment

Working...
                  X