No announcement yet.

4AGE Motor vs SR20DET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 wheel hp on a high comp? might wanna check those numbers again, the basic bluetop 16v largeport with tvis can make that much with no problem.

At the fly your typical 16v 4age can around 140-150 hp with just some bolt ons. Do some cams and timing you can hit around 160.

Beyond 160 your going to -need- to do some ecu work. This is because at full throttle the stock 4age ecu stops adjusting the fuel curve and follows a a very specific path.

Better head ecu and cam work beyond this point will let you hit the 170-180 range. You can go a bit beyond this but thats pusing it without redoing the bottom end internals. Na at least- but hey not bad for a 20 year old 1.6 liter if you ask me.

Now turbo is a different story- you can easily hit low to mid 200s with a turbo, do some basic "work" as mentioend before- lowwer the compression a bit, and you can see numbers as high as 300 without worrying much.

This is just basic information and theres more if your serious about it, i HIGHLY reccomend bill sherwoods site, he gets very in-depth on this.
    __

Parts are pretty easy to find for the 4age, toda for example is a good place to look (they come with a price but theyre known for quality).

150-160 hp from a na 1.6, or 2-300 from a turbo 1.6 doesnt sound all that bad to me- considering you can pick this engine up for a few hundred bucks.

Comment

Ive decided to go with the turbo.

In the long run, the costs will work out about the same, if I sell the 4ag, plus I'll get more bang for the buck from the SR.

thanks for the advice guys,

E

Comment

I saw a 400-hp 4AGE in a turboed Trueno AE86 at the Tokyo Auto Salon.

It was an AE111 5-valve though.

Comment

because of the way the engine cools it self compared to the 16v the 20v is actually a damn good candidate to turbo, gotta love solid iron blocks for the amount of *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* they can handle

Comment

Working...
          X