• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chas
    beer
    And? Just curious....

Comment

Originally posted by jsigone
      15k for a motor swap U must be really stupid to pay that, sorry to be blunt. A custum swap will cost u bout 2k, at most for labor, or just some beer and pizza for u and ur buddy's to do it in one weekend. U will never know ur car unless u build ur car.
      Thats what 'people' told him it would cost....I dont see how that would make him stupid, considering the fact that he's here looking for help. If you want to contribute then let him know what info you have

Theres a biiig diff between a Lexus and Nissan doing a swap. It has to be done right the first time or its gonna co$t big time.

For his first time I'd suggest WATCHING really close at every step in the process. If it were an SR20 swap Id say "Get your hands durty" ....but if you have expense issues to start with, you dont want to monkey around with a Lexus.

Comment

Jsigon

I never said I was going to pay $15k for a motor swap, that's what I had heard someone else had to pay.

Hachiroku-Fc3s

Thanks for offering your help. My bad for not mentioning that earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl
          And? Just curious....
          Stupidity.

Comment

Umm...uh...no problem? Well if you intend to swap it yourself, then I wouldnt have offered anyway. And why quote prices for installation if you intend to do it yourself, especially since (like jsigone said) you could get it done with pizza and beer. BTW, where are you located? And why would you need Supra axles? Granted when working with a high powered car it is a good idea to upgrade your drivetrain, but any reason you deem it necessary for a swap? Umm...well...guess I was wrong about you dude, if you need any help, feel free to contact me.

Anybody have a problem with me deleting my previous posts (accurate as they are, not applicable anymore) ???
            Chas, I thought you and J-Blood were boys. How'd you end up on opposite sides of an argument....other than beer, hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by hachiroku-fc3s
              Chas, I thought you and J-Blood were boys. How'd you end up on opposite sides of an argument....other than beer, hehe.

IDK, he sucks though. jk

Comment

Alright, looks like things are smoothing out. I hope

Comment

I read that the gearing in lex. diff. is too low to use with the 6-speed out of the supra. That's why I had mentioned the axles(rear end).

Comment

why would you swap a 1jzgte in a sc300? it comes with a 2jzgte engine,

Comment

Originally posted by J_cham979
                      why would you swap a 1jzgte in a sc300? it comes with a 2jzgte engine,
                      Not true.

Comment

2jz-ge

Comment

Oh and if you are going to avoid the 1jz becuase of its ceramic turbos. Dont get a j-spec 2jz either. Same prob. US turbos can support 20-22 psi. And the US has more aggressive cams. The US 2jz also has bigger injectors. J-specs are high impedence and usdm are low impedence.
                          Last edited by hachiroku-fc3s; 01-13-2004, 01:20 PM.

Comment

15k you could put the car in a box send it to me here in Japan (I have the engine, 2jZ) have it installed by the real pros and send it back to you tuned and ready to run. Hell I might even be able to knock a few k off of that. You dont need to change the axels as well maybe the ring gear and pinion. I know of about 20 of these swaps here in Japan and I am almost sure they run the factory diff.

Comment

Working...
                            X