ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KA24DE NA Individual throttle bodies????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KA24DE NA Individual throttle bodies????

Has anyone seen a KA24DE with Individual Throttle bodies? I'm looking at building a KA24DE and keep it NA and looking for more power solutions. Please help!!!

i've seen a couple setups using GSX-R throttle bodies. You'll need to go standalone, and make your own intake manifold(you can hack up and weld the stock one) you'll have to fab up brackets for tps and the throttle cable. Anything else is up to you.

Comment

If you have the money and patience give TWM a call. They are pretty helpfull if you are serious about adding ITB's to your engine and you dont just ask what if types of questions.

check them out at http://www.twminduction.com/Throttle...leBody-FR.html

Comment

my friend has it. his car is still slow but it sounds super mean

Comment

ITBs on a KA24DE

I have 45MM TWM ITBs and a custom manifold just about done if anyone wants to go this route. Also have and SDS EM2 to run it.
          Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by TTwomp
            I have 45MM TWM ITBs and a custom manifold just about done if anyone wants to go this route. Also have and SDS EM2 to run it.
            Just a thought
            PICS PLEASE

Comment

Originally posted by TTwomp
              Just a thought
              How much did that cost you..45MM TWM ITBs and custom manifold? I kinda want one for my KA in my Dime.

Comment

if you like to read
                http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=68181

Comment

A friend has them on his 16v 4AG. They free'd up a few horsepower, although the truly amazing attribute that they give is the response - he can blip the throttle 5 times a second at any RPM and the motor responds instantly.

Power loss/gain can usually be altered by tailoring the runner length (longer for more torque at low RPM, shorter for higher rev's). If you use some wire-reinforced silicone boots, which are expensive but prevent collapse under vacuum, you can alter both the length of the horns and the runners downstream from the bodies.

You could run Megasquirt/Megajolt for fuel delivery and spark control for around $200 a kit, and either wire it up yourself of bring it to a shop that deals in such things (www.xatracing.com if you're anywhere close to Tampa).

If you go the bike throttle route, which is a good one, you could probably get some GSX-R 750 bodies for a few hundred bucks and either use their injectors or attempt salvage part of your KA manifold to use the KA injectors. Either way, an ITB setup will give you the ultimate response for under $1k (or under $750 if you are selective with where you spend your money).

Comment

wow, that looks like it belongs on a olf ferrari
                    very nice

Comment

The Side-drafts are pretty pimp, but are they fixed timing?

I see ITBs on SOHC KAs quite a bit, and they seem to be the preferred engine for Autocrossers and club racers - is there any reason other than low rotating mass, low weight, and high compression?

Comment

Working...
                      X