Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tirpitz56
    replied
    I can't find the fitting that goes into the inlet to the ksport ebrake. I went to advanceautoparts and they said it was a 7/16-20 but none has it online. Where did you get your fitting?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    K-Sport Handbrake

I installed a ksport hydraulic handbrake that's the same as the CNC staging brake. I disconnected the line going to my rear brakes and hooked it up to the inlet on the handbrake then bought some brakeline and hooked up the outlet on the handbrake to the rear brakes. Bled the system. and now my foot pedal feels soft unless I pump it, then that makes the ebrake hard to pull. and then when I let the foot pedal up and press it back down it feels like it's pulling the handbrake down. What did I do wrong?

Leave a comment:

• Motdyn-Ls1fd
    replied
    Yes on most cars. Sometimes it is not req though.

Luke

Leave a comment:

• onesik86
    replied
    Thats a pretty sweet setup Motdyn-Lslfd. Is this a general mod that will work for most cars. I have an 86. Is it that simple for my car to? Thanks in advance. Excuse the post above. Newbie..

Leave a comment:

• onesik86
    replied
    Thats a pretty sweet setup Free Thinker. Is this a general mod that will work for most cars. I have an 86. Is it that simple for my car to? Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• tirpitz56
    replied
    Yeah. What car is that cylinder from?

Leave a comment:

• SDARsupertuner
    replied
    Originally posted by mranlet View Post

I hid mine under the center console. $20 master from a ****, an $8 heim joint and stock ebrake handle in parts, about 2 hours of mockup and installation.
    what master is that with in and out?

Leave a comment:

• soultron
    replied
    That's pretty good stuff there.

Leave a comment:

• mranlet
    replied

I hid mine under the center console. $20 master from a ****, an $8 heim joint and stock ebrake handle in parts, about 2 hours of mockup and installation.

Leave a comment:

• Toycoma
    replied
    Originally posted by Ricer240sx View Post
    so yeah if im dumb thats cool but i havent gotten the answer from reading the posts but i got an idea but i want to be sure!! i plan to purchase the staging brake soon, but i want to be sure, ur hooking this up to the rear line and the rear stays hooked up to the master?? so the rear brake still works normaly under foot braking?? just want to make sure i understand this right!
    Just run the rear brake line into the Hand brake from the master cylinder then out of the hand brake and into the back brakes. it is super simple. hardest part is flaring the lines.

Leave a comment:

• Toycoma
    replied
    Originally posted by SDARsupertuner View Post
    another cool way of doing it without the added rear calipers is to tee in a line lock (like used in drag racing) just before the e brake and adding a micro switch to the e brake setup so when you pull the brake it will not feedback to the master and the best part is you still have the front brakes on the foot pedal this is the system we use
    no, just do it like posted above. it works. that's is how mine is, your idea is complex. K.I.S.S. plus why would I only want front brakes?? I want all my brakes plus the hand brake incase i need one or the other during a run.

Leave a comment:

• FreeThinker
    replied
    Last edited by FreeThinker; 03-11-2009, 07:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• soultron
    replied
    Wow, I guess bringing up old threads to get info is bad.
    Even worse I bet than clogging the boards with more useless posts, so people can tell you to search instead of helping you.

Leave a comment:

• s13/350z
    replied
    the coolest way is to not ask question to a post from 2 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• SDARsupertuner
    replied
    another cool way of doing it without the added rear calipers is to tee in a line lock (like used in drag racing) just before the e brake and adding a micro switch to the e brake setup so when you pull the brake it will not feedback to the master and the best part is you still have the front brakes on the foot pedal this is the system we use

Leave a comment:

Working...
X