$100 Hydro Ebrake how to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $100 Hydro Ebrake how to.

Ok guys i allways wanted a hydro ebrake for my s14.5 but i never got around to it. Heres some somewhat detailed instructions on the setup. It is really easy, and only takes about an hour.

First call up CNCbrakes.com and order the "staging brake" for disc brakes. $95

Then find a mounting point.

Then make a mounting bracket.

Mount it up.

Now find the hard line that goes to your rear brakes.

Dissconect the line from the rear, and bend it up to the front of the staging brake. Now go to auto zone and buy a 5ft hard brake line. Hook this up to the rear brake valve, and bend the other end up to the exit of the staging brake.

Bleed the system and you are done. Total cost $100. Gangster value: Priceless.

kablaam! http://cncbrakes.com/cncbrakes.com-a...412&subseries=
    but anyways, quick question. why not the handbrake instead of the staging brake?

Comment

aa

thanks for the writeup i was actually about to buy one

Comment

Originally posted by Motdyn-Ls1fd
        ahhh terrorist...j/k lol...

good write-up
        i didn't think this set-up was that easy.
        thumbs up seven up for good tech write up

Comment

am I missing something?? but what do you do about the brake line going to rear from before to you cap it off crimp and weld it?? so you dont lose pressure in your regular brakes?

Comment

You dont cap off the rear brake line. Just imagine it this way.

master cyl-------brakeline----stagingbrake--------rear brakes.----=====

The staging brake just goes in line.

from the master cyl, to the staging brake, to the rear wheels.

:::: The reason you dont use the cnc ebrake is because the staging brake doesnt req its own resovor. It simply goes in line and pushes the fluid that is stored in the line to actuate the rear brakes.

Also if you were to use the ebrake you would need a seperate input on your calipers, because if you hook up the ebrake to your reg brake line it will affect pedal feel and proportioning.

Comment

This is if you were running it to the front brakes. just imagine it saying to rear brakes instead.

Comment

Wow thanks for posting this. I did some research and got a parts list for my own setup but it was so much more complicated than this. This is definately the best way to go since you dont require another reservoir (as you said) nor do you need a second rear caliper (which requires custom backing plates). This method is 100x easier and cheaper. You rule.

Comment

yaay for easy stuff. We rule. jk.

I hope that more people would post up stuff that they have learnd the hard way. It makes it so much better for everyone else.

Comment

thanks for writing up some tech stuff.

have you drifted on this setup yet? how does it affect brake feel and consistancy under your foot while the hand is braking as well? i would imagine as you use your hand brake it would change the feel on the foot pedal, making your braking kinda erradic. is this true?

go drift it and tell us!

Comment

Al lagura uses one and says its not a problem.

We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronlosey
                        thanks for writing up some tech stuff.

have you drifted on this setup yet? how does it affect brake feel and consistancy under your foot while the hand is braking as well? i would imagine as you use your hand brake it would change the feel on the foot pedal, making your braking kinda erradic. is this true?

go drift it and tell us!
                        The regular cable opperated hand brake affects pedal feel when you are on the brakes and the hand brake as well since at least on 240's it is still actuating the rear calipers not a stuped ebrake shoe inside the rotors. I have been looking for a hydralic ebrake for a while I too was looking at custom brackets and a second set of calipers I will try this out. Is there anyway to put a pin in the handle to lock it for street use? maybe I will just keep my stock ebrake as well.

Comment

You could put a removable pin on the handle, however i wouldnt trust my car on a hill with the chance of any pressure loss.

Comment

Yeah prob. just leave my stock ebrake maybe try to move it to the other side of the tunnel. thanks for the info though let us know how well it works when you have some time to test it out.

Comment

For shizzle.

Comment

Working...
                              X