SOS 86 in distress!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOS 86 in distress!!!

hey it's prolly something really simple but i just rebuilt the motor in my 86 and now it runs super rich. ther's nothing in my repair manual that covers this problem. i'm thinking it's something as simple as retarded ignition timing. but just in case i could def use some pointers. it's the 4ac 1.6 sohc 2 barrel. it's shooting flames out of the down pipe and making the exhaust manifold glow orange. my cam and crank are timed perfectly (it took like a half hour to get it right). welcome any advice. much appreciated drift nuts. hopefully soon i'll be there, sideways. also i need a 5 speed for it if anyone knows where i can find 1 for cheap.

Wait, what carbs are on it? If the jetting is too rich, get some leaner jets for it. Simple as that.

Comment

truth.. ^

do that then get back to us

Comment

thanx bro

much appreciated. it was ignition timing, with a simple adjustment it's all better. now i just need a 5 speed

Comment

I wouldn't think timing would cause it to run that rich, but whatever. Post up some pics of your car and motor if you can, you have me interested in your 4AC.

Comment

LOL @ what carbs. The 4AC comes factory with a dinky 2 barrel carburetor.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
              LOL @ what carbs. The 4AC comes factory with a dinky 2 barrel carburetor.
              you don't seem to grasp the possibilities that actually exist for the 4AC. I use to own an SR5 so I've done my homework. First, the most obvious upgrade is the bolt on weber down draft. most common upgrade and increases the power pretty decent. There are also several Side draft carb setups, not many exist, but if you know where to look they're there.

I also know a guy who's currently working on a custom ITB setup on the 4AC. The work he's doing is pretty impressive.

I mean if you want to argue about factory, the KA in the 240sx only comes with a measly 150bhp, and yet a simple turbo upgrade, which isn't all that expensive can make the engine produce well into the 250's with even more torque.

I was curious what he was running 'cause there aren't that many people who run the 4AC and even less who fix them up.

Comment

Both of mine are SR5's, I've done some research myself.

Comment

If that's the case, check this out:
                  http://www.club4ac.com/index.php?showtopic=517

Dude needs to update, but I'm pretty impressed myself.

Comment

Working...
                  X