1 Piece Apex Seals VS 2 Piece Apex Seals for a 13B Rotary on a RX7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Piece Apex Seals VS 2 Piece Apex Seals for a 13B Rotary on a RX7

1 Piece Apex Seals VS 2 Piece Apex Seals for a 13B Rotary on a RX7 (Part 1)

Within your two millimeter 13b apex line up there's variations and materials corner piece design spring layouts but if you really look at it all of the manufacturers really had the same goal in mind if it's a two-piece or even a three-piece design you're looking at long term sealing the ability for the seal to slide around and move within the motor is just a great seal and the one-piece design it's just manufactured for strength the leading edges the weights the materials all serve different goals and different purposes so it's a matter of doing research and deciding what seal is going to best suit your motor and also looking at what people have been able to accomplish with those seals in the past

1 Piece, 2 Piece and 3 Piece Apex Seals for a 13B Rotary on a RX7 (Part 2 - Intro)

in the world of apex seals right now the two-piece apex seal seems to be the most popular the one piece residing more on the racing side and with Mazdas discontinuation of the three piece it's a little hard to get a lot of engine builders on the street and performance side still consider the three-piece design one of the best sealing apex seals with companies like RE Amemiya and Japan and other manufacturers around the world still taking two-piece seals and sending them out to actually be EDM cut into a three-piece on my side I believe the two-piece is very adequate Mazda has continued to make the two-piece seals both for the RX 8 and 13b applications and I've seen them easily go over a hundred thousand miles an average street use on my race cars and on the racing side I tend to lean towards two-piece and one piece

Attached Files
Working...
X