Various FC Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various FC Questions

I was hoping some of ou rotary guys out there could give me some help. I was wondering about the N/A fc's, first of all, what is the performance of the na fc's like? also, how dificult/expensive would it be to build up an na fc to a decent level of performance?
    and lastly, how is the reliability of the na's vs the tII's? Please give me some an advice, thanks.

NA's are a decent car. They handle quite well for their age, and with a good suspension will make it a handling god. As for power, go with a full exhaust, a nice street port, and do some weight reduction and you will be able to keep up or even beat a Stock T2. They are more relibale then a T2 since forced induction isnt used. Be sure to buy a s5 NA (89-91) espically a GTU, they come 5 lug with LSD. U can pick up a excellent coilover setup by silkroad for around 1500, a full exhaust can run around 800, and a street port would require taking the engine apart. But would be a free mod. If you have the time to take care of it, you will love it. I really love my t2, but everytime i drive my brothers NA it feels great. Good power and no worries of overboosting

Comment

NA's can be fun. I unfortunately started out with an NA and automatic, so i ended up giving up with it and had the tranny swapped and even did the TII conversion. so if you think you will be satisfieed with an NA, then by all means get one. But if you think you may want to got turbo at some point, then go straight for the TII. you will save a lot of money. If i was still looking for a FC, i would get a TII, but if i found a nice GTUS first. i would definately consider that.

Comment

ive had the opertunity of driving a few t2s and i luv them, alot more reliable than fds, seeing as how you dont have to deal with the sequential twins, uve jsut got that single. easily modifiable, great for grip and with a ncie suspension setup can be really good drifters as you know. i prolly will be getting one soon cant wait as long as u get a gp sports kit ahahahah

Comment

Not enough power...

You end up spending too much money to get the car to put out enough power to make dori fun.

On top of the suspension upgrades you need to do, it's a big money pit.

Comment

FC non turbos arent bad at all people who think there slow are funny ..I smoke almost every s13 ka motor out there with my non turbo STOCK NO MODS!!..For usable performance get a RB full exhaust suspention airfilter and strut tower bars just with this set up you should be able to out handle anything on the road because FC are already great handling cars..

Comment

Originally posted by JunpoweR
              FC non turbos arent bad at all people who think there slow are funny
              It's funny...
              All the guys who say this haven't been in a 13BT or something with a little more power than 150lb-ft to the rear wheels.

..I smoke almost every s13 ka motor out there with my non turbo STOCK NO MODS!!..
              I don't know what this means, and I dunno what this has to do with drifting.
              I know you can't out-drift an S13, period.

For usable performance get a RB full exhaust suspention airfilter and strut tower bars just with this set up you should be able to out handle anything on the road because FC are already great handling cars..
              I thought this was a drift forum...

Comment

Originally posted by f8ldzz
                It's funny...
                All the guys who say this haven't been in a 13BT or something with a little more power than 150lb-ft to the rear wheels.

This guy dosent know how to follow the rules of the forum what a moron haha.

Comment

Originally posted by JunpoweR
                  This guy dosent know how to follow the rules of the forum what a moron haha.
                  Ok, so what rule did I break?
                  BTW, where are the rules posted?

Comment

with the n/a you can pull more rpm´s..in upgrades i recomend suspencion headers,exhaust, filters and a full balance of all engine area...and yes you can smoke KA engines with a stock 13B...and you f8lddz if you dont know that atack someone its a a fault to all the community here is an advice.. please respect to be respected..all we want a nice community..

Comment

It's funny...

You need to be able to handle the car to drift dont you? So stop being ignorant.

Comment

It's funny...

Dude, you are sooooo childish, and this is comming from a child. Your allogations of an S13 being able to out drift a N/A FC remind me of arguments I had when I was younger about The Power Rangers Vs. The Ninja Turtles. They are two different shows about of two different things with their own positives and negatives and the same thing goes with drift cars. You cannot say that any rear wheel drive vehicle is better at drifting beacuse that is not true. A drift is the work of the driver and not the car. THE DRIVER is the one who can practice every day in the parking lot extracting the full potential of the car. THE DRIVER is the one who can tweek his car to make it run better. THE DRIVER is the on who can experiment with different techniques to better their drifting in the absence of power or anything else they may not have. Heck, I remember Drift King talking about guys who drift with high powerd cars not being able to drift in lower power cars. This was because in low powerd cars you have to stay high in the powerband in the corners while in a high powerd car you always have that power there making it easier to drift. So what I'm trying to say is that you can learn a lot more drifting in a N/A FC than alot of the more popular drift cars like the silvias. I believe that noob drifters like myself should go for cars that people say are harder to drift because it is in these cars that make us better drifters in the long run.
                        Last edited by Velvet; 08-23-2004, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Ok, so what rule did I break?
                          BTW, where are the rules posted?
                          geez, he just wanted to point out that NA FC's are fun.

Comment

where are the rules posted?
                            FORUM RULES
                            Last edited by P1STON2ROTARY; 08-23-2004, 08:31 PM.

Comment

NAs are fun cars..they have better throttle respomce than a t2..but t2s have more power.
                              yes i have driven/owned cars with power..i use to have a 73 charger with a 440(7.2L) V8 in it...ran low11s on the bottle for chump change..

but the SUS on the FC is great. and there are a ton of stuff for the car out there..

Comment

Working...
                              X