Drift Mechanic Available in SoCal - Looking for a Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift Mechanic Available in SoCal - Looking for a Team

I'm a certified automotive technician with fabrication skills. I am looking for a drifter or team to wrench for (no pay necessary). I enjoy working on race cars, and want to get involved. If you're an amateur or Pro-Am drifter who needs a mechanic- let me know.

Greg Hazlett
    GRH Performance
    661-733-8715
    grhperformance@yahoo.com

wow you sure are nice. just one more reason why i need to get out of florida and to so-cal.

Comment

Yeah, I do enjoy living in SoCal.

Comment

Originally posted by socalwrench View Post
        I'm a certified automotive technician with fabrication skills. I am looking for a drifter or team to wrench for (no pay necessary). I enjoy working on race cars, and want to get involved. If you're an amateur or Pro-Am drifter who needs a mechanic- let me know.

Greg Hazlett
        GRH Performance
        661-733-8715
        grhperformance@yahoo.com
        Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by socalwrench View Post

Greg Hazlett
          GRH Performance
          661-733-8715
          grhperformance@yahoo.com
          do you happen to know what is needed for a good performing drift car? i mean engine and drivetrain?

Comment

My recommendations:

If you a beginner, I would recommend a car that you're comfortable and familiar with. If you're used to smaller cars- such as a Miata or 240z stay with them. In contrast, if you're used to a Mustang or GS400 stay with those. In my opinion, it would have to be RWD. AWD cars can be slid around (although the front wheels will constantly be trying to straighten the car out), and/or converted to RWD.

After you're used to sliding the car around, you can build a dedicated rear wheel drive drift car. The car should be a size you like (inc. wheelbase), have a seating position you prefer, have plenty of power to spin the tires and be highly maneuverable (w/ less than 3500 lbs). You'll also need a LSD, a decent clutch and decent brakes.

One last tip- use shorter gearing. For example, swap out your rear axle gears (ring and pinion) from 3.08 to 4.10. This will give you more torque multiplication, better acceleration, and be able to break the tires lose easier.

Feel free to contact me for more specific information.

Comment

Working...
            X