This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N/A tune

i berly just got a 180sx (american version) but im not thinking of buying a turbo kit 4 it. wat other stuff can i buy to get BIG Hp

Re: N/A tune

Originally posted by ILoveDrifting
    i berly just got a 180sx (american version) but im not thinking of buying a turbo kit 4 it. wat other stuff can i buy to get BIG Hp
    Well the KA 24 in your 240sx is a good engine. Lots of displacement decent revs. Really push a car along. However you will not see BIG HP from a naturally aspirated KA.

Especialy if you are required to pass emission testing. Which means no ultra race cam carberated race motors.

However you may be able to get about 180 horse power to the wheels, or more, Especialy with headwork. Check out http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/fo...hp?forumid=130 for more detailed information on making NA KA power... If decent gas is availible you may want to consider a high compression set up. Combining a early SOHC block with a DOHC head will net you 11.7:1 compression ratio.. There has also been good power gains from 3 inch turbo type exhaust setups... conventional wisdom says you need a smaller size though.

Very few people mess with the KA in naturally aspirated trim to try to create big power. So theres alot thats unknown and alot of experimenting. However drifting really isnt about power. so you could make decent power with a NA KA, and get the wieght of your car down to or under 2500 lbs you would have a nice little power to weight ratio.

You may be asking "But the honda guys are making like 200+ hp NA with those 1.6 liter wuss motors" yes, yes they do. And as much as it pains me to say it. The B16 is a superior engine to the KA24.. in everything except displacement. The hondas have short strokes, which allow them to rev high.. more revs means more power.. the KA has a long long stroke, which means its pretty limited in revs. The B16 has a better head design.. furthermore they have Vtec.. which allows them to run what amounts to a racecam to make power on the extreme top end, and still be streetable.

damn hondas!

Have fun with your engine.. do alot of research both about the KA and on forums like NICO (i sugest nico only because they have a specialized section dealing with this) and read general books on making NA power. See what you have to do and do it. And have fun.

Also though dont discount the turbo options. Either SR or KA turbo, or the CA or the RB. If your making a naturally aspirated KA then have a reason, or a want.. i have heard in the past "i want to go all motor" but the person didnt have a reason for all motor... There are reasons for it, but have reasons! dont just do something abritrarly.. Research all your options and pick the one you want. and have fun.

Comment

thanks alot. nice making fun of those sysy cars "hondas, makes me sick when i hear it( except the s2000) but other that (trying to throw up) lol

Comment

thanks alot. nice making fun of those sysy cars "hondas, makes me sick when i hear it( except the s2000) but other that (trying to throw up) lol
        Why do you dislike Hondas? they make fine automobiles.. As Drifters we do not insult other cars, especialy not entire makes. Most of us try to stay above that. The comments i made about hondas were ment as a joke.

Comment

Uhm...

...nitrous. Nitrous is the only other "bolt-on" alternative for "big" horsepower.

Set it up right and you will not blow up your motor. It's perfectly safe if you use a reasonable amount and have it properly tuned and installed.

What you need to do is find a good book on the basics of engine building and tuning. It will answer a lot of questions that you don't even know to ask yet lol.

That, and get over yourself. Honda makes an impressive motor.
          Last edited by Parry; 05-30-2004, 10:15 PM.

Comment

No, actually the first thing he needs to do is read this http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=4746 because so far hes rapidly turning out to be the kind of person i wouldnt want at my drift spots. Once he had the right attitude then he needs to do reading like you sugested.

Comment

Pretty much.

I feel like i wasted my bad advice all of a sudden

Comment

ha funny man

first of all i know how to drift, but the thing i do not know is the 180sx thats why im asking those specific questions. thanks for the tip but i dont need a phsycoligist buddy

Comment

Re: ha funny man

first of all i know how to drift, but the thing i do not know is the 180sx thats why im asking those specific questions. thanks for the tip but i dont need a phsycoligist buddy
                  Its nothing about knowing how to drift, Its about the attitude you bring to the drift scene. So far your attitude seems to suck. Like i said i wouldnt want you at my spots. You missed the whole point of Ghost's thread. which is sad and ironic because its people like you that need to read it the most.

Comment

ok buddy

i give u credit 4 the lsd thanx for the tip [TEXT DELETED]

Comment

Re: ha funny man

first of all i know how to drift, but the thing i do not know is the 180sx thats why im asking those specific questions. thanks for the tip [TEXT DELETED BY A MODERATOR]
                      So you know how to drift but you don't know about your own car?? And stop calling it a 180sx, it'a 240sx! Don't you DARE come onto these boards and start saying *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about car companies or cars that can't drift because of their drivetrain. Don't think that you're so amazing compared to everybody else on here and if you're asking so many questions don't give cocky, rude, or ignorant replies. Some people are just trying to help while others are being assholes. Please try and calm down on making Threads and try using the Search button, using www.google.com , or maybe even making a thread like "Need Information on 240sx's" rather than making 5 different useless threads that take up space.

N/A Tuning never has as much hp as Turbo tuning but it still has its advantages. I would say just leave your engine stock for now and work on the suspension and other parts of the car. KA's have plenty of horsepower and torque for drifting right out of the box. You don't need engine upgrades yet, if you don't even know about the car.....

Comment

Re: ok buddy

i give u credit 4 the lsd thanx for the tip but [TEXT DELETED BY A MODERATOR]
                        I believe the relationship between a drifter and his personal car is one of the most intimate relationships there is. Your rude and disrespectful attitude shows that you dont understand that. Actualy you understand little about drifitng. You claim to love drifting, but rather i think you just hoped onto the ban wagon, i try to steer you towards a better direction, a direction of actually loving drifitng and you give me crap. You will not make many friends in the drifting community acting like that. Hell even my 'enemies' out there show more respect then you. At least with those gentilmen i can say they love there drifting. I cant say the same for you.

Comment

Re: ha

GOD U GUYS ARE SO *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ING *Censored**Censored**Censored*, U GUYS TAKE THIS TO THE MAX G's speek 4 ur self on the attitude man
                          I believe my attitude speaks for its self. And i think most the users on this forum will agree with that.

Comment

what

[POST REMOVED]

Comment

Re: ha

GOD U GUYS ARE SO *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ING *Censored**Censored**Censored*, U GUYS TAKE THIS TO THE MAX G's speek 4 ur self on the attitude man
                              This is the sort of post that causes people to not respect you watsoever. You show us attitude and MOST people will show you that attitude back because you're provoking it. In Drifting, there is HONOR and RESPECT. Without it you will go nowhere in the drifting world. Don't think that because we have made a few rude or mean comments also that we're acting like you in any way. We're still showing you an ounce or respect which is more than you're giving any of us.

You don't come onto a message board and then start giving people *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* and expect nobody to say anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X