Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I pick up an 86?

Autotrader

Here is a link for a car im looking at. I am interested in an 86 and am wondering if this is a good buy. What do you think? some crazy guy has his panda trueno on someplace else tooSprint Trueno Is that a lot for this?

That first car is not an AE86, it's a later model year corolla that's front wheel drive. Check out the 4ag forums buy / and sell section. http://www.club4ag.com

Comment

http://www.club4ag.com/technical_main.htm

Comment

See, thats why I asked you guys first. It sounded wierd anyway. Im looking at that link, it looks like a bunch of info. Thanks.

Comment

i have an ae86 for sale, im in va and its 2000 6k on rebuilt 4ag t-vis

Comment

How can you tell a GTS from an SR5, and an 85, from a true 86? I am just asking to reassure the things I understand about these. Because there is an 86 up on ebay for $800 and thats looking mighty good, except for the buyer question on the bottom.
            Is this an 85?

Comment

haha the first link is an ae92 haha. but yeah the sr5 has an 4ace engine while the gt-s has the 4age, thats prolly the easiest way to tell if it doesnt have the badge on the outside. second we dont have ae85s here in the states so all corollas from 84-87 are ae86 excluding the fourdoors and the fx.

Comment

cool, i am now educated.

Comment

is an 86 good for a beginners car?

Comment

yeah its a pretty sweet car to start off with cause a lot of the parts for it are cheap. so you dont really have to worry that much about it.

Comment

what would you recommend replacing or upgrading first when I find one?

Comment

i recommend you just drive it till you are fully adapted to it, then move from there.

Comment

cool thanks for the advice

Comment

I have been researching and what is the relevance of the "blip" on the throttle, and the definition of heel-toe technique.

Comment

dont buy an ae86 they suck get a 240

Comment

Working...
                              X