SR20DET S14 240sx for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR20DET S14 240sx for sale!

It kills me to do this, but events in my life are forcing me to sell my beloved 240.
    This car is an unfinished project, and has very extensive work done on it. Only the best available parts have been put on it. A few thousand dollars more (literally) could have this car up to magazine feature potential. I was originally going to finish it and then sell it, however time and money constraints make this unrealistic within my realistic time frame. As everyone always says, “my loss is your gain” and it couldn’t be more true in this case.
    By buying this car you will save at least half of the cost of doing such a project from scratch, and all the pain in the butt work has already been performed. At worst, you are getting a complete set of top-notch Silvia parts for a steep discount. At best, and more realistically, you are getting a kickass S14 Silvia, one of the most appealing and fun to drive turbo RWD cars anywhere, that just needs some basic work. You will laugh at both expensive new sports cars and outdated old rust bucket hot rods when you pass them. On the street it has kept up with EVO8’s, various turbo Porsches, and has beat Cobras, WRXs, etc. all while serving as a reliable, fuel efficient, and fun daily driver.
    This is a car for someone who is willing to pick up an unfinished project and finish it. The ideal candidate knows how to and/or has to money to pay for someone to complete the project, knows what the car is and what it is capable of, and HAS THE MONEY TO BUY IT.
    As you can see below I have put over $17k in upgrades into the car, not including the extensive amount of labor or any form of preventative maintenance that have also been performed. A stock S14 240sx project car alone will cost you at least $5k for anything decent, and closer to $11k for a pristine non-beater. This chassis is an SE model with the very rare combination of no sunroof, ABS, and viscous limited slip. The car has a clear title with one moderate accident.
    To put it simply, this car excels in acceleration, braking, and handling. Once painted, it will also live up to the notoriously appealing aggressive and clean late S14 looks. I'm not talking about an "S14 Silvia front end conversion" available for Integras and Eclipses etc. This car is the real thing they want to look like. It has not been run on the track, but it will realistically run low 13’s, and quite possibly high 12’s. Simply installing set of larger injectors and a fuel controller could raise the car to even higher levels of performance with the existing turbo. Just add a larger turbo and 11’s could be seen.
    It is at a point where the buyer could take the car in any direction they want when finishing it; drag, road race, autoX, drift, show, audio, daily driver, etc. and it would do excel at any of them.

So without further ado, here are the specs and their typical (NOT MSRP) cost:

Engine:
    S14 SR20DET engine from '98 Silvia $3800 with transmission, ECU, uncut/unconverted harness etc.
    2.0l 16 valve dual overhead cam inline 4 cylinder
    Variable valve timing (VTC)
    Stock boost: 7psi
    Stock Horsepower: 220hp at 6000rpm
    Stock Torque: 203 ft/lbs at 4800rpm
    Estimated current wheel horsepower: 240-260
    This engine has about 45k miles on it and runs very strong.

Turbo specs:
    Garrett T-28
    Compressor: T-28, 60 trim 60 mm BCI-1 compressor in T-04B housing
    Turbine: T-25, 62 trim 53.8mm 0.64 A/R turbine housing.
    Center Section: Ball Bearing

Modifications:
    Blitz LM intake $110
    Blitz LM front mount intercooler $825
    A'pex Twin Chamber blow off valve $125
    Greddy stainless turbo outlet $160
    Blitz stainless downpipe $180
    Projectsilvia stainless straight pipe $80
    Blitz Nur Spec R stainless exhaust $580
    Projectsilvia lightweight pulleys $110
    Greddy oil pan $180
    Greddy oil filter relocation kit $120
    Custom braided stainless turbo coolant lines $80
    Odyssey PC680 battery $80
    NGK platinum spark plugs range 7 $20
    Nismo engine and tranny mounts $220

Drivetrain:
    Blitz Active single plate clutch $500
    Blitz Active lightweight flywheel $350
    Nismo braided stainless clutch line $80

Fuel:
    Tomei fuel pump $320
    300zx TT fuel filter $20

Cooling:
    Essential copper/brass radiator $220
    Nismo Thermostat $70
    Blitz 1.3 bar radiator cap $25
    Perma Cool 14" 2950cfm electric fan $90

Suspension:
    A'pex WS coilovers $1100
    Battle Version adjustable rear upper control arms $260
    Tanabe Sustec front strut tower bar $110
    T3 Aluminum subframe collars $80
    Energy Suspension tension rod bushings $40

Brakes:
    300ZX twin turbo Calipers and Rotors $350
    300zx master cylinder $100
    Technafit Teflon Braided Stainless Brake Lines $70
    Hawk HPS pads $65

Wheels/Tires:
    5Zigen FN01R-C 17x9 +15, 17x10 +15 $812
    Dunlop SP Sport 9000 235/40/17 $0, Sumitomo HTRZ II, 255/45/17 $280 (2)
    300zx tt wheels $80
    -As of today, the car needs new front tires. A friend gave me free used Dunlops when I bought the wheels just to get by for awhile, so they are still on. The rears have about 1500 miles on them and are basically brand new. The fronts may be replaced by the time you are reading this. If not, I’ll subtract $240.

Electronics:
    Blitz DSBC Spec R electronic boost controller $480
    Blitz FATT turbo timer $80
    Defi Link 4 1/2" Tachometer w/ Link control unit $190
    Greddy 60mm warning/peak hold boost gauge mounted in Greddy pillar pod
    Alpine 7863 head unit (probably not included unless specifically requested)
    Kenwood 1677 speakers x4 (2 of the 4 are uninstalled but included)
    ECU relocated to glovebox
    KA24DE – SR20DET harness conversion by Motorex $350

Interior:
    '98 Silvia gauge cluster
    Ichibahn ebrake handle $35
    Greddy counter weight shift knob $35
    custom leather shift and ebrake boots $50

Exterior:
    Kouki (97-98) front end conversion $1300
    GP Sports G Sonic Zero One front bumper $ 600
    Msports clear turn signals $100 (a bit haggard but there)
    Rear fenders widened 1.5” on each side (unfinished-needs smoothing)
    Shaved antenna, removed spoiler, and emblems (shaving of antenna was done along with a new paintjob years ago)

I believe in being completely honest and will provide all the information people want, so here is a earnest description of the car’s current state:

It does need bodywork (a few small dents, smoothing of the widened rear fenders, basic fiberglass repair on the front bumper, and new paint). There are some very small rivet holes that I personally would have filled, but this is up to you. I removed the factory spoiler and this is also included in excellent condition. I can assure you that the discount I am making for the unfinished bodywork is far more than the cost of having it done!

At the moment the most of the interior is stripped (removed carpet, rear seats and panels) This is because I planned to paint the whole car, including the inside, a new color, spot and seam weld everything and install a roll cage, and reduce weight of course. The headliner, front seats, dash, center console with boots etc. and door panels remain installed. I still have all of the rest of the interior parts except for the cups behind the door latches (about $20 and easy to find) and they are in very good condition. The driver’s seat has an acrylic paint stain from when I had some on my jacket while getting into the car, and this may come out. Hopefully the buyer will just do what I panned and what the car deserves, a race seat. The A/C has been removed, but I also have that if you want to put it back in. You’ll just need to get a Pathfinder compressor pulley and maybe have PECO fab new lines (if you’re anal like me) for about $80.

Mechanically speaking, there are only a few very minor and easy/cheap to fix problems. One of the bolts on the front engine cover has recently broken off and slowly leaks oil. Although it’s a bit messy, this leak isn’t even serious enough to notice any difference in oil levels. The broken-off bolt just needs to be removed and a new bolt put in. I recently replaced the turbo coolant lines with nice custom braided stainless ones after the hard line cracked. One of the washers on the fittings needs to be replaced, as it has a slight leak. This is about a $1 and 20-minute fix, and will probably be done by the time you are reading this. I am just being thorough and honest in case you want to come by, say, today.

The tranny seals should be replaced as they have a very slight leak, I have a set of brand new ones and also a rear main engine seal (not needed, but I just wanted to replace it while the tranny is off for good measure.) This is the same mentality I have had throughout building the car.

In case you are wondering, the car has not been driven much at all with these very minor problems, it has been sitting in my driveway waiting for them to be fixed.

The front mount intercooler core has a dent in it, which pinches off about half of the width of two of the tubes. But it still works very well and doesn’t leak (it has been tested). It has just been flipped over and thus it is cosmetic but invisible from the outside of the car. I seriously doubt there is any significant pressure drop, especially considering the overall size of the core (about 24x12x2.5”).

I put a brand new water pump on it when I did the engine swap two years ago. The spark plugs are all spotlessly clean and barely show signs of being run.

Asking $10k OBO. Yes, that is on a project that will cost you at least $22k to do. Email me at:
    hokiruu@excite.com or call 505-670-7133

i read that whole novel you wrote and no pictures. i was disappointed lets see some pictures of this beauty

Comment

Not quite a "beauty" until it gets new side skirts, paint job, and windshield, but here are some pics. I will try to take more ASAP.

Attached Files
      Last edited by hokiruu; 06-21-2005, 06:14 AM.

Comment

The interior looks dirty in the pics, but it is in good condition.
        Come on, there aren't even the usualy time wasting lowballers on this one.

Comment

All I have to say man is Im sorry your have to sell your car. Hope you get a buyer for more then 10grand.

Comment

Thank you, someone who know's what this is! People are backing out and trying to haggle on $9k! Come ON! Nobody wants a 85% complete S14 SR20DET Project car that costs $25k to build for $10k?!!! That's less than the costs of some many STOCK kouki S14s! If you're shopping for an S14 project car and not buying this, you are an idiot.

Comment

Car Is On Ebay Now! Bid Away!
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT

Comment

getting close to the reserve. (hint:low!)

Comment

Working...
                X