sell me my first car!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sell me my first car!!!

As the title says sell me my first car i'm realy into drifting. I've been on drifting.com for about a year now but i've been looking at all your post for longer
    than that. Now to the point i'm looking for a (I know i know most of my list have
    cars that cost more than my price but please help a drifter who donsen't have a
    license or permit ) 92-98 240sx,ae86 hatch gts,88-90 rx7, ext.
    600 down i'm cheap but that's all I can afford right now. please post positive post if you don't have anything nice to post don't post at all

Location Washinton,dc
    Last edited by skyliner34; 08-19-2005, 08:51 PM. Reason: Location

why don't you look for a te72. the suspension is pretty simalar to an ae86, and it comes with a 3tc. with the 3tc you get bragging rights of drift machine with a HEMI! be it a 1.8l hemi, it's still a hemi. plus i've seen them going for 500-1000 in good shape. i know there kinda ugly but at least you won't be worried about crashing at that point

Comment

it was originally silver, but has since been repainted a custom color, i like to call it a gold metallic drab olive, or poop metallic the usually dents and dings here and there. tiny bit to very little rust, the paint job settled most of that, including the spots on the lip of the fenders where they were slightly rolled. 246k on the motor, i bought it from an old lady 2 years ago almost to this day at 228k, and she had a book full of receipts, she loved it and took great care of it. since i have received it it has seen a drift day and may amature days , 2 seasons of autox and dozens of oil changes, and that **** thing still doesn't smoke at all. been real great to me. oh, and the tranny is in great shape, no grinds at all. heater works perfect, power mirrors still work just fine.

here is the list:

suspension:
      -t3 front front coil over conversion: 40mm cut with gc 8" coils, 8kg, tokico hts shocks
      -trd japan 6kg springs and tokico hts shocks
      -revolver ncrcas
      -full prothane bushings kit installed
      -battle version panhard rod
      -cusco front and rear strut tower bars
      -custom made rear hatch bar

engine:
      -pdm racing cams
      -cone filter
      -trd japan wires
      -test pipe
      -hks hiper full exhaust
      -professionally tuned afm on wideband machine to 14:1 a/f at WOT

drivetrain:

-act street disc and heavy duty pressure plate
      -trd 2-way lsd still in great shape
      -4.78 final drive, fully rebuilt 3rd member and professionally installed

brakes:
      -hawk pads front and rear
      -goodridge ss lines all around
      -dot4 astrol fluid

running gear:

-supras on 195/60r14 azenis

extras:

-more than half a gallon extra paint in case more sprays are needed or damages occur
      -full set of stock rims and all the tires you like (i have 10 tires sitting in my garage)
      -all the stock suspension pieces and interior which is still equipped, and everything else
      -have all the records since 1987 when the lady bought it.

feeling the price, the car has been good to me, but maybe it might be time to move on. its never really given me any grief, i was lucky i got it from someone who took care of it, so it was an easy gig for me. im curious if someone might pay 5500 or somewhere around there, i was even thinking of just taking it basically back to stock and selling it for around 3000, anyway, and here she is. my baby.

Comment

Sweet! Sad to say I can't afford it T.T but it's still Sweeet!

Also hirolla78 could you post a pic of the te72 ???
        Last edited by skyliner34; 08-20-2005, 12:04 PM.

Comment

For 600 bucks man you are going to have to get a work in progress. Good thing is that you live on the East Coast and the prices for cars are low, low, low over here compared to the West. I know where a Cressida (Square body) is for about $600 right now. Burgandy with leather. Needs a Trans but you would most likely be swapping to a 5 speed anyways and it needs valve stem seals. Other than that it runs, no wrecks and decent paint. Thats what you need to find especially since you don't have a permit. 240's are pretty cheap over here as well. 86's are cheap where I live since 99% of the people that drive em don't know what they are sitting on.

If you are interested in that Cressida, send me a PM. But since you would need a trailer it might be out of your realm. My best advice to you is not to look on websites as much as the Auto Trader. The other thing that I have found to be the BEST way to find a car is to get someone to drive you down rural country roads. Man you would not believe all the cars I have found just getting out and looking. Just think what kind of folks normally have the kinds of cars you are looking for besides Drifters. Redneck chicks drive 240's, fat redneck chicks and old ladies drive 86's. Thats how it is here. Talk to them, be nice and odds are you can walk out of there with a pimp car for under a G cause they have zero clue what it is.

Comment

here..

heres some pics of the te72..

heres a bit older one

and the *Censored**Censored**Censored*

Comment

wtf???.
              I'm kinda interested in the Cressida see if you can get some pics.
              When i get my car and get good at drifting i'll post a vid or two

Comment

getting way ahead of yourself there bud..

edit: this took me 1 minute to find on yahoo

cressida
                Last edited by markeese180sx; 08-22-2005, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X