1990 Hatchback, SOHC-T for sale in CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Hatchback, SOHC-T for sale in CT

Guys, the time has come for me to sell my 240, as my responsibilities have shifted and I no longer can afford the time or money to keep this hobby up. I may start up again sometime, but definitely not anytime soon. Below is a description of the car and some pics can be found on:
    http://www.ctdrifting.com/foru...=1686
    and
    http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=547364

TURBO KIT:
    Custom made turbo kit, for approx 300whp/300tq
    Rebuilt RX-7 S4 turbo with less than 2,000 miles on it, no smoking, no play, it's literally like new, internal wastegate, custom log manifold, best space solution for KA, regarding brake master cylinder.
    Custom made 2.5" FMIC piping leading to a 3" thick Thunderbird FMIC.
    2.5" DP and 2.5" custom exhaust with Warlock muffler (can be uncapped for straight through exhaust), 2.5" midpipe and cat included (swappable for emissions)

ENGINE:
    Stock 70k engine with 185-190 compression on all 4.
    All emissions removed (have spare parts if needed, but only need cat+tuning to pass)
    Large. 3" thick all aluminum Ford Racing radiator, the biggest radiator that can be mounted in the S13 bay, with custom coolant piping and electric fan.
    Polyurethane engine and transmission mounts.
    Stage 3 6-puck clutch with less than 2,000 miles on it, grabs hard, good for more than expected power of 300/300.

FUEL/MANAGEMENT:
    Walbro 255lph fuel pump
    460cc RX-7 injectors, re-balanced and flow-tested within 1% of each other, less than 2,000 miles on them. Stock set of injectors also included.
    SAFC II and MSD Boost Timing Master, both bought brand new, work great.
    Autometer Boost/Water Temp/Oil Pressure gauges built into center vent, fully functional.
    Will include FPR w/built in fuel pressure gauge, never put on, still off the car.

BODY:
    Red 1990 fastback Body with 120k on it. Rust as usual, one frame rail has some rot, can easily be welded. Roof painted black.
    4 point Autopower roll bar with diagonal bar and race harnesses on both seats.
    Optima Redtop battery, relocated to the trunk, with SCCA-legal mounts.
    Gutted trunk.
    Aiwa cd/mp3 stereo with 6"x9" front speakers and remote control. No speakers in the back.

WHEELS/SUSPENSION:
    D2 suspension (7k/5k rates) with less than 3k miles on it, off the car, never put on.
    VLSD with less than 30k miles on it (can provide open diff if needed).
    Stock tear drop wheels/tires (4x), ADR mesh 17 by 7" wheels with tires (2x).

If the wanted price of $3,500 is agreed upon, I will include with the car for free, the following:
    2 manual transmissions 70/100k miles respectively, in great shape. One full SOHC engine with rebuilt short block and 100k miles on the head. Two extra SOHC blocks with cranks/flywheels and oil pans. Any extra spare parts I have such as A/C brackets, pulleys, intake manifolds, etc.

The car is currently NOT RUNNING RIGHT. There is something wrong with the timign after I've put in the 70k engine, as my don't have the time figure out why or how to make it run as usual.
    I suspect either the distributor or the harness. I am selling it as I do not have the time/money to try to solve this, but I suspect that it shouldn't be too hard. I am just too busy to get into it.
    This is a great start for someone going the SOHC-T route and having pretty much everything to have a race/drift car with a working engine, one waiting to be swapped in on the side, and lots of swappable parts, transmissions, etc. The car needs a bit of work to get it running and I just don't have the time and spare cash to get involved with it again. I am at the point where I have to pay back student loans, car payments, and other things which I did not have to do up until this year. If I was still in college, I would not even think of selling it (in fact I did buy it my sophomore year and have had it for 4 years now). Good luck to anyone who wants to enter the 240 world with this great start to racing/drifting.

I am in CT, Hartford area. please contact me with reasonable offers. I don't want to trade as I do not need another car right now.

Thanks for reading,

Sil80
    Last edited by sileightydrifte; 01-03-2011, 10:36 AM.
Working...
X