FS/Trade Widebody AE86 Coupe in Richmond Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS/Trade Widebody AE86 Coupe in Richmond Indiana

Well, I am really considering selling/trading my AE86. I bought it from the original owner a couple years ago and have a decent amount of parts on/in the car. I got it with 113 K miles on it and recently installed an engine when the chassis had 136K miles on it. The engine I installed had less than 17K (YES 17K, not 11&K or 177K or 999999K)

It has Clean title.

I am located in Richmond, Indiana 47374, so please use google maps/mapquest/whatever to find out how far you are to me...

It is a COUPE, you know the FWD AE85's...not the baller takumi HATCHI skyline killer...

The bad:
    It could use a paint job, the nearly 22 year old paint is faded and dull.
    My corolla should have a LSD rebuild (it is pretty
    decent but after a rebuild it is going to be really
    nice) and should have bushings (About $120) and I
    think it needs to have a carrier bering, I may swap
    driveshafts this week to see if that solves the issue because it clunks when you let out on the clutch sometimes.

I will list some parts below.

It has new fluids, and are changed frequently.
    New fuel pump and fuel sock.
    New max misawa Illegal garage clutch set
    New altenator
    New Greddy timing belt
    new velve cover gaskets and injector o rings
    Polished valve covers
    Toda Adjustable cam gears
    HKS 200mm mushroom filter
    KBD header (1 of 20 of the last build of them from a
    group buy 2 years ago or so)
    T3 test pipe and 5Zigen fireball catback ($650 retail)
    I also have the silencer for it.
    TRD short stroke struts/shocks
    TRD 8kg/mm front and 6kg/mm rear racing springs
    Adjustable lateral rod bar
    T3 camber adjustment plates
    Cusco OS strut tower bar
    WORKING A/C and P/S
    New oil cooler hoses
    Electric fan
    Magnetic drain plug
    Jubiride authentic bumpers and side skirts (1 of 5 sets I know of in the USA, if we count Brandon Lee's AE86 in Hawaii).
    Copied Jubiride fender flares from Max Misawa
    TRD style rear wing
    JDM bumper brackets and grille and turn signal
    assembly
    JDM kouki trueno tail lights
    Momo steering wheel
    TRD shift knob
    Spin turn knob
    Clarion 2din cd/cass deck and 6 disc cd changer
    8.5/10 interior
    Good glass
    New driver door hinges
    SSR MK3 14x9 -7 offset wheels (ONLY set this size in the USA)with brand new 195-60-14
    Bridgestone Potenza RE910 tires.
    Car has 137K miles on it, engine has 18 K.
    Everything works on the car except back up lights, and
    that is because someone cut the backup lights off the
    harness when they did a clutch job before I got the
    car.

I have upgraded headlights also.

I am probably forgetting many, many things. I take
    good care of this car, despite daily driving it and
    drifting it at events. I think the key is checking it
    out often and changing fluids very frequently.

It has NO leaks and is a car i would get in and drive
    anywhere at a moment's notice.

I am looking for offers/trades at the moment. I have a couple of interested people but I have not seen any cash yet. Here are some pics below. I will get some engine bay pics and interior pics very soon.

I am primarily interested in the following cars for trades (I will trade up or down...)
    GS300, is300, SC300, FD, Q45, M3, possibly Rx-3, SR powered S14, and other interesting cars...

YES, I KNOW the fender flares need trimmed and the bumpers need to be mounted again, I was in a hurry to get my wheels on the car...

how much

so exactly how much you asking for it???? im in chi town.

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTthoughLYFE View Post
      so exactly how much you asking for it???? im in chi town.
      Asking $8500 OBO. I probably am more interested in trades, but let me know if you are still interested.
      paradoxgdf@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by paradox View Post

It is a COUPE, you know the FWD AE85's...not the baller takumi HATCHI skyline killer...
        I'm confused. Are you saying this is a FWD car? God I hope not. I assume since you know all the stuff on the car that you would have at least the knowledge of the drivetrain layout of the car.

Other than that, nice car. Little expensive for what it has but nice nonetheless. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth View Post
          I'm confused. Are you saying this is a FWD car? God I hope not. I assume since you know all the stuff on the car that you would have at least the knowledge of the drivetrain layout of the car.

Other than that, nice car. Little expensive for what it has but nice nonetheless. Good Luck.
          It is RWD, I thought most would get the joke, i guess some did not. Humor does not get expressed well in forums.

As for the price, I think it is a fair starting place considering the probably 12K in parts in/on it not counting the car itself and the fact I keep it in the garage.

I have someone who offered me $5k without the wheels yesterday, I told him 6k and I am waiting on an answer. I believe it will sell, without wheels for at least $5500. I told him I would knock off the full value ($2500) for the wheels/tires. These are the ONLY 14x9 SSR MK III's in the USA and they look brand new.

Anyway, I believe it will be gone soon, but I can get another project car closer to completion and have 1 less car in my life.

Comment

Well the only real strike against you and getting what you want for it is the same thing i'm going through with my 86, location. On the west coast Rollas bring good money, East coast, they don't. If it doesn't sell for $5500 without the wheels, keep it because some idiot will try to lowball you out of it. If you were in Cali, things would be radically different. Same with my car, theres probably over 15k easily invested in my 86, but East coast has the scrubs with no money. Either way, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth View Post
              Well the only real strike against you and getting what you want for it is the same thing i'm going through with my 86, location. On the west coast Rollas bring good money, East coast, they don't. If it doesn't sell for $5500 without the wheels, keep it because some idiot will try to lowball you out of it. If you were in Cali, things would be radically different. Same with my car, theres probably over 15k easily invested in my 86, but East coast has the scrubs with no money. Either way, good luck.
              Thanks for the kind words.

I do not need the money, so I can sit on it until I sell it. I probably should take it to Socal and drive it around with a For Sale sign in the window. I am sure I would get some good offers. There was a panda hatch recently on ebay selling for $9300 with low mileage (75K) and clean interior, with a botched panda paint job and konig rewinds. I guess I should hack my coupe up, make it into a hatch and paint it panda.

I want this to go to a good home where the person getting it appreciates the rarity and value of the parts on it.

Comment

Working...
              X